Sign in to follow this  
Xaaji Xunjuf

Somaliland government to deport all illegal immigrants from the country within 30 days.

AYOUB   

I wouldn't be surprised if this in fact turns out to be another Mxd Xashi idea to raise more tax revenues by getting the foreign maids/workers declare their (tax free) income.

Xaaji X, the Presidents great great great grandma was ......:P

Abdul   

You need to be recognized as country first before you talk about other stuff like immigration.You are putting the cart before the horse.

Carafaat   

A_Khadar;744492 wrote:
All I can say about this is part that s/l is seeking a little attention since all THE attention went ot Mogadishu lately..

Or maybe the deputy Minister for Interior Affairs who anounced this (Maxamuud Garaad Soofe) is showing his muscles now that he is in the big chair? ;)

Abtigiis   

This report is false. I just came back from Hargeisa, literally didn't take bath since I arrived. The Minister who uttered that rhethoric is apologetic. He is going to make another declaration soon and you will all hear it. Or he may not, but there will be no action taken against 'illegal' migrants. He was told this is against international law and against the spirit of voluntary repatraiation. what happened is a new Minister is appointed and as usual he has to create a spectacle to be noticed. The issue of rights of IDPs and refugees is a weighty matter. Not something a Boiled Banana 'republic' like Somaliland can easily disregard.

There is going to be a regional meeting on this in Ethiopia in a week's time

N.O.R.F   

NGONGE;744444 wrote:
Warya, don't put my blood pressure up dee.

That it needs to be done is not in question or else there will be no point in having a country, borders or sovereignty! However, the argument here is on how it is being done. THIRTY DAYS to deport people? Add to that the background of the issue. I am not making things up here, I am just looking at your racist reactions, saaxib. Look at XX talking about Siilaanyo's grandfather, look at Val asking about the maids, look at Zack getting upset at first then accepting the argument once he found out that they are not Somalis from the south!

Do it correctly and fairly and I am right behind it. Do it in the Farole style and I will point out your hypocracy, saaxib. Wax fahan.

So, you agree it needs to be done. Whats with all the fan fair then? You're mixing two issues here. One is the need for people living in SL to be documented (which you agree needs to be done) and the other is one of immigration. The latter is not what the government is doing (or even contemplating). If you see my previous posts (even the one you quoted) I did express concern that things are not very clear as to how this (the requirement for everyone to be documented) will be implemented.

Wax fahan :D

N.O.R.F   

Che -Guevara;744485 wrote:

Who knew Norf is GOPer, a real teabugger and a supporter of the minuteman project.

Rabbit punches from the sidelines. I see nothing changes :D

NGONGE   

N.O.R.F;744595 wrote:
So, you agree it needs to be done. Whats with all the fan fair then? You're mixing two issues here. One is the need for people living in SL to be documented (which you agree needs to be done) and the other is one of immigration. The latter is not what the government is doing (or even contemplating). If you see my previous posts (even the one you quoted) I did express concern that things are not very clear as to how this (the requirement for everyone to be documented) will be implemented.

Wax fahan
:D

Yes there are two issues here and you (blindly) decided to support the minor one. Yours is a case of control and adminstration. It pales into insignificance when compared to the xenophobic way the minister announced it. Now, whilst I agree that something has to be done, I am clear enough on the need for it to be done CORRECTLY. So, when a minister threatens SL citizens with dire consequences for harbouring immigrants, the whole issue of "something being done" becomes secondary for me and the problem of injustice begins to take precedence. Wax fahan.

N.O.R.F   

NGONGE;744622 wrote:
Yes there are two issues here and you (blindly) decided to support the minor one. Yours is a case of control and adminstration. It pales into insignificance when compared to the xenophobic way the minister announced it. Now, whilst I agree that something has to be done, I am clear enough on the need for it to be done CORRECTLY. So, when a minister threatens SL citizens with dire consequences for harbouring immigrants, the whole issue of "something being done" becomes secondary for me and the problem of injustice begins to take precedence. Wax fahan.

Blindly? Skeptical about how it will be implemented and if they have the resources to implement it but not blindly. The ‘minor’ issue is the one announced by the government. It’s the one people are talking about. You brought up the citizenship issue.

Dee we agree on things needing to be done correctly. You shouted it whilst I murmured it. Maxaad kale aad iga rabtaa? The way the minister announced it is irrelevant (it still needs to be done correctly according to what we perceive as correctly). Waar bal yaabkan eega :D

Ps remember that article I sent to you recently? No policies & procedures, no clarity etc etc. Dee waa tan.

NGONGE   

N.O.R.F;744627 wrote:
Blindly? Skeptical about how it will be implemented and if they have the resources to implement it but not blindly. The ‘minor’ issue is the one announced by the government. It’s the one people are talking about. You brought up the citizenship issue.

Dee we agree on things needing to be done correctly. You shouted it whilst I murmured it. Maxaad kale aad iga rabtaa? The way the minister announced it is irrelevant (it still needs to be done correctly according to what we perceive as correctly). Waar bal yaabkan eega
:D

Ps remember that article I sent to you recently? No policies & procedures, no clarity etc etc. Dee waa tan.

Dee you shouldn't murmer ya tacbaan. These are the issues to shout about. And yes, this is exactly like the article you sent me but since something like this encourages an ugly trend it is something that all decent people should oppose until and unless it is done correctly. Maalka anta!

N.O.R.F   

Dee you jumped from advocating for citizenship to other nationals to saying the status changes of non nationals need to be done properly. You're like dizzy bird. Bal fly straight. Markaasaynu is fahmaynaa.

NGONGE   

^^ I can't babysit you through an argument warya. Lots of it is implied and you need to work it out on your own. Bal anigo maxa iga galay if an Oromo gets an SL citizenship and what would I get from advocating for such a thing! Wax fahan.

N.O.R.F   

^You used the UK as an example. How long did it take for them to draft that law? How long was it debated? Dee adiguna look at what I implied. Casiir waaxid.

NGONGE   

^^ I did and still disagreed. We can hint at everything or imply or wink & nudge but disgust only works when its aired. Show your disgust warya. :D

Everyone has the right to self-determination, self-control and self-isolation. When SL feels to take action, I think they should, to me its drastic bondage.