Sign in to follow this  
Xaaji Xunjuf

Somaliland government to deport all illegal immigrants from the country within 30 days.

N.O.R.F;744425 wrote:
Ngonge, qurbojoog waaxid.

The measure the government is taking is a good one. Not only will they get the chance to clear up illegal immigrants (not refugees) they will also get the chance to finally put together some sort of strategy on how to monitor visas, provide better border controls etc (I’m assuming this is the main reason otherwise it would be pointless) which in turns provides better security. No one said those being kicked out cannot come back with the right paperwork. This is not about rich and poor or who is and isn’t a citizen. It’s about having the right documents. Isn’t what you would want?

Also, this decision will stop much of the ‘tahriib’ traffic through SL to Bosasso (and all the criminal off shoots that come with it). I won’t get into the strain on resources (water, fuel) and the health issues.

Get with the programme warya.

Well said this should have been done long time ago but thank god we Have Kulmiye and President Siilaanyo

NGONGE   

N.O.R.F;744425 wrote:
Ngonge, qurbojoog waaxid.

The measure the government is taking is a good one. Not only will they get the chance to clear up illegal immigrants (not refugees) they will also get the chance to finally put together some sort of strategy on how to monitor visas, provide better border controls etc (I’m assuming this is the main reason otherwise it would be pointless) which in turns provides better security. No one said those being kicked out cannot come back with the right paperwork. This is not about rich and poor or who is and isn’t a citizen. It’s about having the right documents. Isn’t what you would want?

Also, this decision will stop much of the ‘tahriib’ traffic through SL to Bosasso (and all the criminal off shoots that come with it). I won’t get into the strain on resources (water, fuel) and the health issues.

Get with the programme warya.

You talk is if this is the first time such an idea was mooted or such a thing was done. War ila ina Cigaal bay mala yacnigaan watay. It's not new and never achieves anything but build up the hatred against these poor people.

p.s.

What distinction are you making between illegal immigrants & refugees? How many of your relatives have taken the tahreeb route in the past twenty years, saaxib? If you even only say 'one' you've already said more than enough. Dee naga daa and look at the ugliness of this thing warya.

NGONGE;744418 wrote:
^^ Did I not tell you to stay out of my way, little kid? If I pick on you you'll only cry off about my age again. And, no, I don't agree with the news. I think it's foolish and needless. SL does not have the ability to stop immigrants from sneaking into its territory and therefore all this gesture politics talk of deporting people is nothing but a waste of time and resources. Now are you man enough to counter my points without employing your usual girly habits of saying "OMG this dude is soo fake, etc, etc"? Bal car wax la kaalay, ciyaalkaad tahay cun. Bring it, child, bring it I say.
:D

Worked up? You're something like a Seethrough lingerie. We can see through the lines you write. Seriously old man, sit down somewhere lol.

This is not about SL inability to stop immigrants from sneaking in. This is about establishing a pattern/ policies that should be followed. The US still have problems with immigrants from Mexico from sneaking in.

NGONGE   

N.O.R.F;744428 wrote:
Are you advocating for Ethiopians to be given SL citizenship NG?

Why not? You spend several years in the UK and get given a British citizenship, why then begrudge a poor Ethiopian the chance to have an SL one if that's what he desires and if he fulfills a fair criteria?

Here, the pathetic argument of this Kulmiye party (and most SL parties as a whole) is that they have a few 'accepted' refugees and many illegal immigrants. But did they take into account the length of stay, the jobs done, etc? It does not sound like it. The only criteria here seems that if you're an Oromo you are out (I'm going by the comment that some ETHIOPIANS have already been recognised as refugees).

N.O.R.F   

NGONGE;744429 wrote:
You talk is if this is the first time such an idea was mooted or such a thing was done. War ila ina Cigaal bay mala yacnigaan watay. It's not new and never achieves anything but build up the hatred against these poor people.

p.s.

What distinction are you making between illegal immigrants & refugees? How many of your relatives have taken the tahreeb route in the past twenty years, saaxib? If you even only say 'one' you've already said more than enough. Dee naga daa and look at the ugliness of this thing warya.

Stop moving the goal posts saxib. What happened previously happened previously. There is no ugliness in telling people to go home and get the right paperwork if you wish to come back. Its standard. Its for better security. Its for better allocation of resources. Its for monitoring population.

You're advocating for a free for all. What should be done? Should anything be done?

NGONGE;744426 wrote:
Are you/were you not a refugee yourself, Xaaji? Granted that you did not have to suffer the indignity of begging in Mosques (or churches) but you did leave your country and were/are a burden on another. So why do you believe it's ok for you to be accepted in all parts of the world but not for an Oromo to live in SL?

Siilaanyo, you and ME are natives of SL but surely a state must judge its citizens in accordance to what they give back and not only according to belonging. I fully accept that Jb is a better citizen than I am (or, probably, you). He is there, earning his wage and spending his money in the country itself. You and I go on holiday. Likewise, the Oromo that cleans my aunties toilets contributes to the country much more than you, I or little AW do.

Ninyaho inaad SL taagerto waan ogaa lakin argtida yar kugo maan ogeen. Fix up, saaxib.

I am not a refugee i went to search for a better live in the west for me my descendants way before the War started and i am a naturalized citizen i give back to this Country i live in i pay tax i do not beg nor do i live on welfare. You're whole point is they live there and we don't these oromos make our streets unsafe the money they beg goes straight back to Ethiopia they hardly spend money in Somaliland so their money or hard worked money will nor circulate in the country or should i say the money they begged they don't use the public transport the rather walk. whats the point of keeping these species , atleast the koonfurians they rent our houses they spend their money in the country they pay tax and some of them even invest in the country.

N.O.R.F   

NGONGE;744431 wrote:
Why not? You spend several years in the UK and get given a British citizenship, why then begrudge a poor Ethiopian the chance to have an SL one if that's what he desires and if he fulfills a fair criteria?

Here, the pathetic argument of this Kulmiye party (and most SL parties as a whole) is that they have a few 'accepted' refugees and many illegal immigrants. But did they take into account the length of stay, the jobs done, etc? It does not sound like it. The only criteria here seems that if you're an Oromo you are out (I'm going by the comment that some ETHIOPIANS have already been recognised as refugees).

SDL marches in Hargaisa in 20 years time it is then :D

On a serious note, such decisions will have to be managed and brought into law. I can't see it happening any time soon (and long may it be the case).

NGONGE   

AfricaOwn;744430 wrote:
Worked up? You're something like a Seethrough lingerie. We can see through the lines you write. Seriously old man, sit down somewhere lol.

This is not about SL inability to stop immigrants from sneaking in. This is about establishing a pattern/ policies that should be followed. The US still have problems with immigrants from Mexico from sneaking in.

I spoke to you in a language you understand, son. It worked too, here you are actually trying to put your point across. Well done. :D

The US also discussed given them an amnesty. Still, whilst SL might not have the financial or practical ability of the US to stop, monitor and deport "illegals", it should at least have the humanity to deal with each case on its merits. Why should a poor xamaal that worked his backside off for ten years in (and for) SL have to suffer deportation just because of the whim of some shortsighted and xenophobic Somalilander (or even for the patterns & policies you speak about).

N.O.R.F   

NGONGE;744435 wrote:
Why should a poor xamaal that worked his backside off for ten years in (and for) SL have to suffer deportation just because of the whim of some shortsighted and xenophobic Somalilander (or even for the patterns & policies you speak about).

Because he doesn't have any documents.

NGONGE   

Xaaji Xunjuf;744433 wrote:
I am not a refugee i went to search for a better live in the west for me my descendants way before the War started and i am a naturalized citizen i give back to this Country i live in i pay tax i do not beg nor do i live on welfare. You're whole point is they live there and we don't these oromos make our streets unsafe the money they beg goes straight back to Ethiopia they hardly spend money in Somaliland so their money or hard worked money will nor circulate in the country or should i say the money they begged they don't use the public transport the rather walk. whats the point of keeping these species , atleast the koonfurians they rent our houses they spend their money in the country they pay tax and some of them even invest in the country.

So are you saying there are no Somalis living in the west and are on the dole like there are Somalis also living in the West and having jobs? What makes you different to an Oromo living in H town and working as a xamaal or toilet cleaner? As for sending money to Ethiopia, don't Somalis where you live now send money back to relatives in SL? War isku xishow dee. Waxaad ku hadlayid macqool maaha.

Norf,

In a somewhat ideal world, I'd expect the government to have secure borders and deal with illegal immigrants appropriatly. However, it is not ideal and SL (though making great strides when it comes to governing and adminstration) is still way below the accepted competence level. To push through the argument of immigration without proper checks or opposition is the height of injustice. Worse still, for a country where a large part of the natives have sampled the humiliation of migration and xenophobia it becomes even more disgusting when due care and understanding is not applied to the case of their own immigrants. Wax fahan.

NGONGE;744435 wrote:
Why should a poor xamaal that worked his backside off for ten years in (and for) SL have to suffer deportation just because of the whim of some shortsighted and xenophobic Somalilander (or even for the patterns & policies you speak about).

Sure, let 10 poor "xamaal"s in, no, make that 1 million poor xamaa's in from wherever. At what point do you say, enough is enough?

N.O.R.F   

Ngonge, but this isn't about immigration. Its about migration. Wax fahan :D

Those who wish to be in SL must have the right paperwork. Even you must have the right paperwork on the very occassional times you go there ($50 is paper). Not a big deal really. What you must understand is that this needs to be done. Maybe a bit more sensitively but needs to be done nontheless.

Isn't it always the case that some awkward, outrageous or silly announcement is made by some minister and is never implemented or revisited? It's a funny way of making government policies or in other words waa af ka hadal uun.

For those of us, Somalis, living in the West, how many times have you heard something similar being said by a far-right organisation in regard to immigrants? And how did it make you feel?

Having said that though, I think some immigration restrictions are needed because 80 million Ethiopians gaajoonaya yaa meel uhaya? Wadankoo dhan ayey la wareegi karaan by sheer number.

NGONGE   

N.O.R.F;744441 wrote:
Ngonge, but this isn't about immigration. Its about migration. Wax fahan

Those who wish to be in SL must have the right paperwork. Even you must have the right paperwork on the very occassional times you go there ($50 is paper). Not a big deal really. What you must understand is that this needs to be done. Maybe a bit more sensitively but needs to be done nontheless.

Warya, don't put my blood pressure up dee.

That it needs to be done is not in question or else there will be no point in having a country, borders or sovereignty! However, the argument here is on how it is being done. THIRTY DAYS to deport people? Add to that the background of the issue. I am not making things up here, I am just looking at your racist reactions, saaxib. Look at XX talking about Siilaanyo's grandfather, look at Val asking about the maids, look at Zack getting upset at first then accepting the argument once he found out that they are not Somalis from the south!

Do it correctly and fairly and I am right behind it. Do it in the Farole style and I will point out your hypocracy, saaxib. Wax fahan.