Sign in to follow this  
nuune

Turkey expels Israeli ambassador

nuune   

well done Turkey, you have set good example

2 September 2011 Last updated at 10:30 GMT BBC

Turkey expels Israeli ambassador over Gaza flotilla row

Officials in Ankara said it was also suspending all remaining military agreements with Israel.

Turkish Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu said some of the report's findings, leaked to the New York Times, were unacceptable.

Turkey wants Israel to apologise for the raid but it has refused to do so.

MORE, SOURCE

Turkey lowers diplomatic relations with Israel over Gaza

nuune   

UN REPORT DEFENDING THE ISRAELI ACTION, it is time many countries boycott or suspend their UN MEMBERSHIPS.

Istanbul (CNN) -- Turkey is downgrading its military and diplomatic relations with its one-time close ally Israel amid longstanding tensions over the deadly Israeli raid on a flotilla headed to Gaza last year.

Turkish Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu announced on Friday that his government has suspended its military agreements and lowered its diplomatic relationship with the Jewish state.

This comes over a U.N. report to be released on Friday about the raid, in which Israeli commandos clashed with Turks on one of the flotilla ships, the Mavi Marmara, and killed nine people.

The U.N. report, posted by The New York Times website on Friday, said Israel's naval blockage of Gaza was a "legitimate security measure in order to prevent weapons from entering Gaza by sea."

But it criticized Israel's actions on the ship, saying its "decision to board the vessels with such substantial force at a great distance from the blockade zone and with no final warning immediately prior to the boarding was excessive and unreasonable."

The report said "the flotilla acted recklessly in attempting to breach the naval blockade."

nuune   

Ngonge, ha i maqashiin gabadhii isha la'eed, inkaar qabtada jaceelkii yaraa aanu isku heenay xataa wuu dhamaadey, laakin hada waxaan wada joognaa mid kale oo qolyahooda ah, amuurahana ma sahlana, wixii Jinn dhax galaa illeen waa laga samraa, dad badan oon aqaano ayaa xataa markey i arkaan i dhaho kuma naqaano, marka waxaanba is dhahey dadku miyey iska yeel-yeelayaan, laakin xaajiyadaa si fiican iigu sharraxdey oo tiri ibnu aadamka haddaad faraha ka qaado ood u dhaxdo qolyaha kale ee kownka la dago wey ku inkirayaan xataa kuwa kula dhashey ama ku dhaley maadaama dabeecad iyo wada socodkiba la isla fahmeyn, dhaqan ahaana aad wadao kan qaruuma iyo rooxaanta kala gad-gadoonta.

Ps: Kii yaraa ee walaalkaa ahaa mid yaroo kuusan oo uu dhaley wadaadkii gabadhii isha la'eed ayaan u hayaa hadaadan horey u meeleyn, kolleey waxaan filayaa waad is dagaasheen maadaama meeshii aad la rabtey uu daba marey

I think the time for the west along with Isreal going downstream has begun with the rise of the east, BRIC countries and Turkey getting far more emboldened.

Nina Fox   

Israel's attitude towards Foreign policy is often pacified by the US. If the day comes they lose their biggest ally, they will be vulnerable and succeptibe to backlash from the International community. Their "chi" will be disabled permanently, and kudos to Turkey for not bending over backwards and overseeing this.

Mark my words thou, this will not be a long feud. Israel knows how to charm and keep the only Moslem state they have on their side.

~~~kama tadiinu tudaan!! what a wise saying

you can't be powerful enough to do injustice all the time. a time has to come when you fail and fail miserably. it is my hope the worst awaits them.

dee diintuba weey sheegtay in yuhuud nag laga dhigi doono.

~~~kama tadiinu tudaan!! what a wise saying

you can't be powerful enough to do injustice all the time. a time has to come when you fail and fail miserably. it is my hope the worst awaits them.

dee diintuba weey sheegtay in yuhuud nag laga dhigi doono.