Sign in to follow this  
sharma-arke451

campus girls

Malika;743989 wrote:
No wonder, non- Muslims have this assumption that we Muslim women are oppressed, unrespected and above all unvalued as human beings, ileen they read what our Muslim brothers say about us - How we are good for nothings except if we are serving them, how we dishonour them, if not with what is between our legs its..erm in this case by choosing to dress this or that way..ileen waxaan oo kale bee arkeen.

As far as I know , a muslim woman is a human being whom has been given free will by her creator. She like the Muslim man choose how she lives her life, knowingly she will be questioned about it on the day of judgment. All this about how a Muslim woman should be or should not be is really an insult to the Muslim women's intelligence. Waxaa kaa digateen baa ineey xoolo yihiin

Any decent, intelligent woman either be Muslim or non Muslim would know the importance of family - and would trive to build/sustain/maintain that stable family, without having to also neglect their own needs to extend their knowledge by seeking Education or by giving back to the community in the means of working.

Marka naga daya nacnacdaan.

War ileen taano kale. ma wax xun ayaa laga sheegay dumarka wa yaabe?? Maba fahmooyi nooh.

Malika, its good to be in the defensive if you are being attacked, but why now??

To discuss the issues of our sisters, mothers, daughters,aunts and wives is not nacnac as malika is saying but rather enlighting.

Marki horebo ma gaal ayaa axsan iyo wanaag noo haayay, what they think xaa naga galay?

But what still remains a mystery is what makes an insult how a woman should be or not be?? How is this an insult??? I duno

Axmed-InaJaad;743295 wrote:
most somali girls who go to university engage in ziina and partying. i know this. inshallah i will send my daughters to islamic all girls university.

and its not the same for boys, men will be men. its less haram for man to engage in zina than girl

how is it less haram for men to engage in such thing allah asw has forbidden?

Malika   

Sharmarke -If what you have so much contributed on this discussion is 'enlightement' , I would only say this much..enlightement xaal qaado.

ps. I think discussing what encounters Muslim youth in general in secular society would have been more appropriet rather then just targetting the young women - that is what I have a problem with. To just highlights the ills of 'Muslim women' is to me, uncalled for and shows ignorance. As far as I am concern, seeking education, earning a living, owning property, giving charity or even going on Jihad is within a woman's right and equal in Islam. I understand that it concerned you, that 'some' young women seem to have either not got or have neglected their Islamic ways. To those we either do all we can to enlight them through dawah, which is what I urged you to do in my first post.

As for the gaalo or non believers - there is much importance that Islam is shown in the lights it deserves, its wisdom and goodly exhortation highlighted in the bid to call others toward it.

Malika;744048 wrote:
Sharmarke -If what you have so much contributed on this discussion is 'enlightement' , I would only say this much..enlightement xaal qaado.

its not what i contributed that is enlighting, but rather the discussion.

Adiga wax fahan noo malika,

Maxa lakiin malika, its not the old you. What has changed??

Anyway, dhib malahan walalo,

Blessed   

Hear hear@ Malika.

Aaliyah,

Thanks, hun. As for Jamalo, I've read nothing but illogical misogyny. Ban all women from working kulaha....hahahaha.

p.s why do you assume that working mothers are unwilling to sacrfice for their children? For many, the opposit is true.

@malika, raali waan kaa ahay. Thks

the more ethics and morality we invest in our daughters, the more prosporous and shinning our future generation.

The mother moulds the child, to who, he or she is.

since the mother spends more time with the children than the father, the mother has more influence on the child.

Dee waad aragteen, ilmaha yar, markii wax loo dhimo, wuxuu dhahaa '' hoyaan kuusheegi''' as if mom ey askari camal tahay, oo dadka utaliso, lol

Ugghh.. the utter misogny in this thread, I tell you it stinks! So pretentious with the "girls should" and "girls shouldnt." *** off! Guess what? iIt is none of your bussiness! They can wear whatever they please: skinny jeans, bikini or Jalbaab! We can stay home or room with a drunkard. It is called freedom of choice. And no, the West didnt give it, Allah did. Thats why there is a hereafter to account for your actions. Ma fahan taheen. All this nac nac is a classic sexism discussed under "diin."

Everywhere I go men ,wether Muslims or not, want to "discuss" what women should or shouldnt do with themselves. I tell you, some men would locks all up in the house and have us breed like rabbits until the day we die. Oh snaps! They've already done it to us. They called themselves..what-was-that-name-..AL Shabaabs!

To you whiners: Lower your gazes, keep your mouths-shut, and keep moving. At the end of the day, you control NO ONE but yourselves.

Unlike you we have the decency to not dwell on the shortcomings of our brothers.

jamalo   

Another pont worth mentioning is mixture of two sexes at workplace. Women is allowed to work but with some limits and without mixing wit men. In the first Islamic battles, women shared the fight but in clean angelic atmosphere. Both sides were pure, the muslim soldiers and those women who nursed and served them.

Goin far in the mixing would lead two things: stimulating and increasing the sex passion in the two sexes, or on the contrary supressing it. Mixing would lead to attraction og the male & female according to the natural instinct. If there are no limits to this mixing things would be in mess and diseases will spread among people as a result of adultery. In this case, society would be in great disorder and corruption. Much hatred and grudges would among those fathers whose daughters were harmed, the husbands who were wronged by their wives, and those men who were competing for one lover.

On the other hand, it is said over mixing between male and females in so many meetings leads to less interest and less attraction between the two sexes which causes feeble sexual atttraction or diverting that passion to other causes, as some psychologists assume. No wonder you see too many homosexuals among the white middle class. Familiarity with a thing makes it less effective. And on the contrary, a feeble fading sexual appeal is a cause of having weaker offspring with worse characteristics. The man who is accustomed to see feminine charms but is not aroused sexually needs other views and positions which are unfamiliar to him to be aroused. This coldness makes him deprived of the feeling of his manliness which leads to severe pains at the depth of his self. He feels insult and inferiority. This makes him seek sexual relation by meeting and connecting mistresses and ***'z, as well as practicing odd ways and position. Like for instance, bondage n stuff like that. That might lead hm to fall victim to drugs to compesate the loss of pleasure. He might also involve in crime or risky adventure to prove his manliness in another way. Homosexuality may affect men & women as well.

The adverse effect of mixing of two sexes are plain to see above. It results in less interest & attraction leading to other sick alternative or, on the other hand, stimulating and increasing the drive which could inevitably lead to adultery and illicit affairs. Not that we're fingerpointing at our sistaz shortcomings, we're just saying the truth that you ought to follow. When Allah ordered the separation of the sexes, HE knows better. And if Im going to be labelled Shabaab for speaking the truth, then go ahead, nevertheless I shall say the truth whether you like it or not.

<< And should the truth follow their low desires, surely the heavens and the earth and all those therein would have perished. Nay! We have brought to them their reminder, but from the their reminder they turn aside<< Suratil Al Mumenoon, Verse 21.

AYOUB   

*Blessed;743917 wrote:
I think the 'mahram' issue is concerned with travel and safety associated with it but one does not need a mahram to live with them. My younger cousin went to study under a Shiekh in the ME a few years ago and the only issue was that she needed a mahram to take her there. Off course, her experience does not compare to studying in a secular western university but all of the fatwa that I came across with regards to this issue are concerned with the travel aspect.

Are you saying she can live alone or in dormitory? As far as I know, girls who go to Yemen do stay with reputable families.

Personally, I would prefer to stay with my family and my children (irrespective of gender) to do the same but sometimes it becomes a neccesity to study away.

Of course no one deliberately puts their kids in harms way. The question is; as a Muslim parent, is your responsibility for (late teen for *example) sons the same as the daughters? Are there any religious considerations that need to be taken into account when it comes to daughters moving out for studies or work? I might be misinformed so please educate me. I'm prepared to accept or at least do a bit of additional research if am wrong. :)

Val*, there no*"ban" on seeking education. The issue is girls moving out of their parent/guardian's homes to live on their own or in a dorm. As far as I know, girls stay with their parent/guardian because they are supposed to. That's why your sisters moved back. A boy can join the navy if he likes. Compromise and bending the rules is one thing, but that's how I understand things.

Chocolate and Honey;744089 wrote:
Ugghh.. the utter misogny in this thread, I tell you it stinks! So pretentious with the "girls should" and "girls shouldnt." *** off! Guess what? iIt is none of your bussiness! They can wear whatever they please: skinny jeans, bikini or Jalbaab! We can stay home or room with a drunkard. It is called freedom of choice. And no, the West didnt give it, Allah did. Thats why there is a hereafter to account for your actions. Ma fahan taheen. All this nac nac is a classic sexism discussed under "diin."

Everywhere I go men ,wether Muslims or not, want to "discuss" what women should or shouldnt do with themselves.

At the end of the day, you control NO ONE but yourselves.

Hahaha. Doesn't this sis realize, she is also telling the girls what they should do?? I wonder maxaa raga lagu hestaa marka??

Control kulahaa!!!!

by the way, don't you see that, a girl is related to a man. And the two are mutually dependant???

Intee loo kala wadaa

Som@li   

^Waryaa, Ha is xeejin, Meeshan cid wacdigaga dhegaysanaysa waa yar tahaye, Ma maqashay nin ay meeli u cadahay , Meeli ka madow? Mida kale wiilal iyo gabdhoba, ama compus ha joogeen, ama meel kale, xaqa iyo diinta iyo wax u sheega, wax tusmaynta, saxita, waa u simanyihiin. that is why this flawed?

sharma-arke451;744081 wrote:

the more ethics and morality we invest in our daughters, the more prosporous and shinning our future generation.

Habloow, inanku meesha waa ku cusub yahaye, dee ka ku hoobanina!, oo ka qaaleeya, :)

Som@li;744136 wrote:
^Waryaa, Ha is xeejin, Meeshan cid wacdigaga dhegaysanaysa waa yar tahaye, Ma maqashay nin ay meeli u cadahay , Meeli ka madow? Mida kale wiilal iyo gabdhoba, ama compus ha joogeen, ama meel kale, xaqa iyo diinta iyo wax u sheega, wax tusmaynta, saxita, waa u simanyihiin. that is why this flawed?

Habloow, inanku meesha waa ku cusub yahaye, dee ka ku
hoobanina!
, oo ka qaaleeya,
:)

wad iga qoslisay som@li. runti.

the thread tittle is ''campus girls'' i don't think it's fair to complain ''campus boys'' should have also been discussed. i have no problem with discussing campus boys, but this thread is not on campus boys.

p.s. saying the right thing, does't need an approval from anyone.

Faheema.   

One of the things I can never comprehend is why some Somalis feel the need to comment/judge on how others (Somalis) run/live their lives. Whatever happened to the concept of "live and let live"?....far too simple to implement I guess.