Sign in to follow this  
Alpha Blondy

A Pilgramage to Maydh

Che, Somalis are Africans and have close cultural and linguistic ties with their Oroma cousins and Afars. Did 2 men fathered millions of Somalis, probably not. Could Somalis have some blood ties to Arab Sheikh or settlers, likely. To prove the validity of Somalis direct lineages to PPUH or any specific Sheikh, needs some extensive research that is not here or there. But why bother all that,when it's the least of our today's problems. Let the people believe what they want to, and educate them for their individual betterment.

Somali, it goes both ways isn't? Since there is no any written scripts to prove who came from where or how millions have evolved, people will have beliefs that satisfy them. Same thing can be said about this clan structure we know of today, no? As for your other questions, I think yes there are Somali people who claim to be of European origins and of none Somali Africans, Tanzanian or what not.

In my humble opinion, i think visiting shrines or one claiming of being Norwegian, is the least of things we should focus or pay attention to!

^Abdirahman Jabarti ma awowgaabaa? Dee qofkii dan ka leh inuu siyaarto, ha raadsado :) War dadka qabuurahooda iyo Awliyadooda u daa.

A_Khadar   

Gheelle.T;735506 wrote:
^Abdirahman Jabarti ma awowgaabaa? Dee qofkii dan ka leh inuu siyaarto, ha raadsado
:)
War dadka qabuurahooda iyo Awliyadooda u daa.

:D:D

I think inuuba jiro unless I am mixing these sheekhs awoows up..

Gheele read this book about the Sheikh of Maydh.

Al Casjad Al-Manduum Li-Taariikh Wal-culuum (12 century manuscript) by

Maxamed Xasan Al-Basri ,

Che -Guevara;735503 wrote:
looool@Gheelle.T

Bal waayahe odagii Abdirahman Jabarti ahaa in xabaashiisa la,raadiyo waaye sidii loo siyaarto;)

Sooki Cabdilahi Yusuf ba so heley loool

Jacpher   

Saalax;735344 wrote:
Xaaji Xunjuf is right the tomb existed even longtime ago.

The original photograph of Sheikh Isaac's’s tomb at Maydh taken and issued the stamp by the author Christopher Claxton, British Somaliland in 1957.

di-ZCU5.png

Few inches off the sea shore. No better spot for the Sheikh to be buried. Arxan daraa wuxu.

NGONGE   

Gheelle.T;735500 wrote:
^What do they said about the Sheikhs ya NG? Waar dee soo gal murankan, mise kuwa Sheikha wax ku darsada ma ku jirtid? lol

They talk about his history and travel to Somalia, etc. They quote other books and historians, etc.

There is also a Somali guy who wrote a book in 1955 and talked about all the Somali clans and their origins (using Arab sources again).

It seems to me that the argument about Somalis having Arab origins is one that came from the Arab themselves. However, without proper research, I can not say if it's true or not. Having said that (and because of Q.I.E) I can't do a Che and question the water tight argument of Somalis about the origins of all their ancestors. :D

NGONGE   

Xaaji Xunjuf;735516 wrote:
Sooki Cabdilahi Yusuf ba so heley loool

Dee sawirka o raaci ha ku rumaystay. :D

Khadar....Agah, ma waxaad iloowdey Saint Jabarti.

People check references to reer Hashim and the Prophet(PBUH), what are the chances two large Somali tribes are descendents of the Prophet's tribe?

I guess the only real and true Somalis are southerners.:D

Che who knows ,the Prophets tribes is actually laangaab in arabia now and days there are a few tribes in Yemen and a few tribes in Jordan maybe the rest live in the horn of africa looooool. i remember my grandmother aun say years ago war garan mayno cidanu nahay eeh dad allanu nahay Che awoowo so ziyaaro dee he lives next to Nasir lol