Sign in to follow this  
Alpha Blondy

A Pilgramage to Maydh

Hashemi (Arabic: هاشمي‎; also transliterated as Hashimi, Hashmi, or Al Hashim) is a clan of the Quraysh tribe, to which the Prophet Muhammad belonged. The surname "Hashemi", and its variants, signifies Arab ancestry from the Middle East (especially from Iraq). They are also found in Iran and in South Asia due to Arab immigration. Many people claim to be Hashemi by fraudulently using the family name, linages and documents to gain respect and authority. :D;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banu_Hashim

XX....We will go with ayeeyo and say dad Alle baanu nahey but reer Hashim noh:-)

^ I dont know where you getting with the descendents of the Prophet thing? Not all Arab are Hashims, you know :) lol @ real.. If like Southerners are distinctive tribe :) South may have more ties to Arab heritage than to the North, at least in mid-modern history of Somalis.

Jacpher   

Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan ha ku maqlaan. Sixteen life term baa lagugu xukumi Che.

But in all seriously, Somalis aren't the only ones here. All these linkages go almost every continent.

Gheelle.T...I know not all Arabs are Hashims but listen and read about D-folks and I-folks, their lineage is traced back to reer Hashim and so do many people in pursuit of honor, respect and authority.

p.s. Saamaale never claimed to be Arab descent, of course Arabs came to the south and settled along the coastal line.

Jacpher.....They too are fraud.

Che, one of my classmate back in Punjab would claim to be direct descendant of the PPUH. He looked more like Tenkuldar than Ali Baba, but why deny his claims, knowing the Arab influence and rule in that part of the world. Muhamad bin Qasim and his conquest in Indian continent, taught in college level in Pakistani study, comes to mind. And Sufi Ghazzi and what not..

Che, never heard of the D-block and any Hashimis claims, I thought the old hunk was from Yemen! All in all, Somalis issue and conflicts are not based on these claims, but rather access to resource, power, and politics.

There are many world leaders and Political party leaders and freedom fighters who claimed to be descendants of the Prophet Muhammad csw

Some people say the last war will be between the holy bloodline of the prophet, against the blood line of the Ancient Egyptians Pharaohs. Now the funny thing is Somalis claim Both i have seen Somalis who claim to be descendant Pharoah tutankhamun

Muhammad Ahmad bin AbduAllah the Mahdi of Sudan claimed to be descendant of the prophet Muhammad

Xassan athani of Morocco claimed to be descendant of the Prophet Muhammad.

Muhammad al baashe the egyptian governor claimed to be descendant of Prophet Muhammad.

Muhammad abdullah Hassan leader of the dervish state claimed to be descendant of the Prophet Muhamad

Abdullah athani of Jordan claims to be a descendant of the prophet Muhammad

Faisal Ali Hussein Ilmi Waraabe leader of the ucid party Claims to be descendant of the Prophet Muhammad

Yahya Muhammad al wareeth of yemen claimed to be a descendant of the prophet Muhammad.

Ismail Hayd Aflow Claimed to be descendant of the Prophet Muhammad.

Ayatollah Ali Al sistani Claimed to be descendant of the Prophet Muhammad.

Taleexi   

Classical identical crisis at its finest in regards to the corrupted D and I blocks' mythical believe systems. Well done to the Samaale folks.

Blessed   

Waryaa JB. Adiga kuma dhegeysteen, sowdigii ii sheegi waayay in ay shaqooyinkii la xayasiin jiray bug ahaayeen. :(

Ng,

Apparently 'adeero' sheekadaa ma yaqaano 'la yidhi'. Laakin, if the need arises 'dawlada sare' ayaa loo mari karaa, waa bilaa abtirsi . Wax fahan. :P:D

Anyway, SL waa sheeko dheer. My sights are set on ADEC now, bal waasta ii soo hel, yaa Emirati..

As for ancestory debate. Sheikh Abdullah Hakim Quick has done some interesting research on Islam in the Horn and while he does not address this issue directly, he describes the manner in which Islamic society was organised at the time. I found it fascinating as each area had their own lead sheikh - I could see how that eventually became reer sheikh fulan but Allahu yaclam. Whatever the case, Somali have benefited from the Arab link. Particularly, in the Khaleej.

ElPunto   

Urban legends this descent from Arabs. According to wikipedia:

According to Y chromosome studies by Sanchez et al. (2005) and Cruciani et al. (2004), the Somalis are paternally closely related to certain Ethiopian groups, particularly Cushitic speakers:[38][39]

"The data suggest that the male Somali population is a branch of the East African population − closely related to the Oromos in Ethiopia and North Kenya − with predominant E3b1 [E1b1b1] cluster lineages that were introduced into the Somali population 4000−5000 years ago, and that the Somali male population has approximately 15% Y chromosomes from Eurasia and approximately 5% from sub-Saharan Africa."[38]

NGONGE   

*Blessed;735561 wrote:
Waryaa JB. Adiga kuma dhegeysteen, sowdigii ii sheegi waayay in ay shaqooyinkii la xayasiin jiray bug ahaayeen.
:(

Ng,

Apparently 'adeero' sheekadaa ma yaqaano 'la yidhi'. Laakin, if the need arises 'dawlada sare' ayaa loo mari karaa, waa bilaa abtirsi . Wax fahan.
:P:D

Anyway, SL waa sheeko dheer. My sights are set on ADEC now, bal waasta ii soo hel, yaa Emirati..

As for ancestory debate. Sheikh Abdullah Hakim Quick has done some interesting research on Islam in the Horn and while he does not address this issue directly, he describes the manner in which Islamic society was organised at the time. I found it fascinating as each area had their own lead sheikh - I could see how that eventually became reer sheikh fulan but Allahu yaclam. Whatever the case, Somali have benefited from the Arab link. Particularly, in the Khaleej.

:D

Actually, since we're talking about ancestory, history and the UAE. There is a book written by the ruler of Sharjah about a letter the Somali leaders of 1837 sent to his great grandfather (he prints a copy of the letter). In it, they ask to become part of his kingdom and call him by the title "Ameer Al Mo'meneen".

20.jpg

nuune   

^^^ Aawey Risaalada, ma icon-kaas baa warqad ah, war ama na dheh qaala Suyuudhi fi Tadriibi ama naga daa dee, sxb, adiguna identity crisis baa kugu dhacdey, naw.

Ps: I hate anyone who associates Somalis with Arabs, war Soomaalidu waa Qowmiyad gooni u taagan, not from any other race, war illeen anagaa wax aragney, waligiin un dhaha Carab baan ka soo jeednaa iyo Africaan baan ka soo jeednaa, honestly, Masaarida xageee ka soo jeedaa, soo Qowmiyad gooni u soo taagneyd ma ahan waligeed iyo walaasheed, Itoobiyaanku iyaguna soo Qowmiyad gooni u soo taagnaa ma ahan waligood iyo isirkood, Hindidu soo iyaguna saa la mida ma ahan, indhayartu haba sheegin, maxaa Soomaalideena madax yaraanta ku ridey oo had iyo goor un u dhahaan waxaan ka soo jeednaa Suuriya Ismaaciil iyo yemen Carab Saalax, war Ilaah intaad ka baqdaan taariikhdiina xifdiya oo iska daayaa hebel baan ka soo jeednaa, marka aad saas dhahdaan waxaad un leedihiin waxaanu wada nahey wulida fil musqul aan la aqoon meel ay ka soo jeedaan, yaa naga qabsado dadkan, xageen u cararnaa hadii dadkii la rabey iney ku faantamaan qowmiyada ay yihiin iney hal-heys ka dhigtaan qolooyin iyo kashiitooyin kalaan wax wadaagnaa.

nuune   

^^^ I heard Carragher is going to retire on September, only playing 3 or 2 games in August, maxaa ka jira warkaa niyahow idinkaa daris ahee.

Dee buugaas maxaad magaciisa inoogu sheegi hadaadan inoo heli karin, anigu si wax loo raadiyo ma aqaano ee i caawi aan akhriyee amiirul muqmadkaas

Does it matter where we originate from? From what I hear aduunkan inagaa duufsanayna - by the time the world ends, everyone will be brown. We will be the inheritors of earth. Heh.