Sign in to follow this  
Alpha Blondy

A Pilgramage to Maydh

NGONGE   

nuune;735695 wrote:
^^^ I heard Carragher is going to retire on September, only playing 3 or 2 games in August, maxaa ka jira warkaa niyahow idinkaa daris ahee.

Dee buugaas maxaad magaciisa inoogu sheegi hadaadan inoo heli karin, anigu si wax loo raadiyo ma aqaano ee i caawi aan akhriyee amiirul muqmadkaas

I don't have the book on me dee. This is why I mentioned it to Blessed, maybe she can go to her local public library and scan the important parts for us. ;)

(But the book exists and the letter is part of it).

p.s.

Carraghar is going nowhere.

A_Khadar   

Watch one of the videos Xiin posted in politics section where a prof talks about Somali history before islam which is beyond Hashim.. So I understand if one argues that we are from Ibrahim PUH but somalis and reer Hashim waa sheeeko kale..

Nina Fox   

I was once tempted to visit the tombs of Hassan and Hussein in Syria. Legend (maybe false) has it that Fatima .ra. is also buried there. I like visiting historic places but you can not trust a syrian cabbie who is out there to make a quick buck at your expense, and besides graves and tombs scare me so I opted not to. And there were people breathing down my throat saying WAAA DAMBI QABURAHA LAMA SIYAARTO. Who said anything about it being a religious experience. I wouldn't have beaten my head against their grave and chant mantras, gosh. I would treat it as if it was trip to the Guggenheim. Just curious!

Alpha The blue-ness of the sea is breathtaking. Awesome.

Juxa   

It is danbi to do sheikh hebeloow siyaaro ah but nothing wrong with visiting the resting place of loved ones

I am frequent visitor and find it very calming specially markaan Aduunka isku mashquuliyo. You tend to come back adigoo cabsida ilaahey aad u dareemayo

Blessed   

NGONGE;735675 wrote:
:D

Actually, since we're talking about ancestory, history and the UAE. There is a book written by the ruler of Sharjah about a letter the Somali leaders of 1837 sent to his great grandfather (he prints a copy of the letter). In it, they ask to become part of his kingdom and call him by the title "Ameer Al Mo'meneen".

20.jpg

Interesting. I wonder what the attraction was back then? Will look for this when I get back, InshaAllah.

Juxa,

I was surprised and saddened to see that folks back home still held on to those jahil traditions..