Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

Somalilander or Not Somalilander? Part 2

Taleexi   

Som@li;722139 wrote:
JB,

You don't have to bring all those to justify the naked aggression by Somaliland militia in SSC, Maakhir why are you not addressing about the real issue which is in their region of Former BRITISH Somaliland, the clans who live are not all into this project, ignoring and oppressing these people will not make the FACTS go away. You have been trying to keep this under the carpet for over 20 years? how long it is before you address the core issue ? YOU can secede , You can join Israel if you wish, We will not force into union but forcing the people in SOOL and Maakhir into secession is wrong, Denying they exist is wrong. Who gave you the right to determine their life? And don't come with what comes from SL politicians, where are brothers and sh!t! I think in 20 years it is obvious these people don't want anything to do with SL. People in Las Anod don't want occupation and humiliation, SL is taking their basic right of self determination away.

SL has being causing destruction on these region, it is time you let GO!, withdraw your troops, and magaalooyinkiina ku eekada, respect the wishes of the people of SSC, MAAKHIR etc

Trying to outsmart people and force them in secession will not work, ignoring the issue will not work, bribing their clan leaders will not work, dividing them will not work, hijacking and ignoring the core issue and sell and fool the world will not work....

Is that hard to understand?

Salaams

Somali

It is not ONLY hard to understand for some rather Is-aqis need to back to the drawing board and look themselves in the mirror. What is theirs is theirs but them seeking what is not is like habartii dhali wayday aleelo ku waalatay oo kale.

Taleexi   
OdaySomali: Maad saaxiib mawqifkaaga cadaysid. Haddii the reincarnation of United Somalia isn't in your vocabulary and you reject vehemenly the mini clan states ... I personally see there is nothing in between but somehow you seem someone has a third option in mind. Would you please mind sharing?.... Teeda kale, what other username do you use on SOL ? :)

Saalax   

My two cents.

I believe aslong as Somalia comes with the attitude "Somaliland is part of Somalia or shall remain so while trying to deny the existence of Somaliland" or whether Somalia is not up for negotations on a agreed referendrum like that of "South Sudan" not much will change on the ground regarding SSC. As i have said before Somalia can't have both ways wanting Somaliland to leave SSC territories while they are keen on trying to deny the existence of Somaliland, waging a possible future war with Somaliland if they get their feets on the ground since we know they are obsessed with the idea of "central government & Somaliweyn" and being an obstacle to the wishes of more than 3 million people. If Somalia values SSC so much they should come to the table as quick as they get their acts together if their intentions is sincere. So then we can finally make a widespread referendrum in Somaliland where Union & Pro Seccession groups both get to vote in every District/Region they settle on whether to vote for majority Pro Seccession or Pro Union.

Ps I know Some of you will say but Somaliland is doing the same but that is not true. Before 2007 Somaliland was not in the Pro Union SSC areas. And Still TFG/TNG Somalia governments were trying to be a big obstacle to Somaliland's successes.

Taleexi;722242 wrote:
OdaySomali
: Maad saaxiib mawqifkaaga cadaysid. Haddii the reincarnation of United Somalia isn't in your vocabulary and you reject vehemenly the mini clan states ... I personally see there is nothing in between but somehow you seem someone has a third option in mind. Would you please mind sharing?.... Teeda kale, what other username do you use on SOL ?
:)

I have no 'Mawqif', just my opinions. If you're referring to my ab ove comment then that was more of a question than a statement. Anyway, my other username is ......

are you ready?..

"Taleexi"!

But seriously, what makes you think I have another account, I thought everyone was only allowed one (I don't see what the point in have multiple woul be anyway). Iminka waan Shakiyay, i'm wodering how many of you poeple have multiple accounts.

Liibaan   

OdaySomali;722212 wrote:
Good points and well said.

Just to clarify, so you would [only] accept either a united Somalia or clan states? (and nothing else)

I want United Somalia/Somaliweyn that includes Djibouti, Western Somalia/onlf, and NFD, but to be realistic if Somali people want to have 30 mini-clan states like SNM/Somaliland, Puntland, Galmudug, SSC, Maakhir, Azania, etc There is nothing one can do, the problem is our Somali people don’t want to be united and don’t trust each other, and force and wars will not work either.

If Northwest/Togdheer people don’t want to part of Somalia, those of us from Somalia, we should accept the wish of Northwest/Togdheer people. And if Awdal, Maakhir and SSC people don’t to be part of SNM/Somaliland, those from Northwest/Togdheer should accept the wish of Awdal, Maakhir, and SSC people. Respect is a 2-way road

Many Somali unionists argue that Northwest/Togdheer Somalis have legitimate grievances and their needs should be addressed within United Somalia, but still Somali unity is sacred and there is no need for clan secession, and Somaliland is an internal Somalia Issue. Similarly, Secessionists argue that they have right to claim all the territories of Former British Colony, while sometimes they concede that Awdal, Maakhir, and SSC people have legitimate grievances, they insist the unity of the former colony is sacred, and the wishes of Awdal, Maakhir, and SSC people is not important.

If Awdal, Maakhir, SSC, and Northwest/Togdheer cannot share one entity, then it time to part ways, and Awdal, Makhir, SSC and Northwest/Togdheer, every region should go their own separate ways.

After 20 years of civil/clan wars, Now is the time for bold moves toward peace, and all Somali groups should be ready for peace, talks, compromise, and major concessions. We need to start a new page/chapter. We cannot be like Israelis & Palestinians. We Somali people share one religion, one ethnicity, one language, one culture, etc. We should be able to find peaceful solutions for our problems.

*Ibtisam;722110 wrote:
JB: People of Somaliland, Somalia, or Somali Speaking nations (nationals)! think wholly being part of a region. the question is what will benefit all?, after all Somaliland does not exist in an empty space and impacts others.

Is Somaliland’s independence detrimental to the people as a whole? inside and outside of Somaliland. What is the reason for objection to Somaliland’s self determination? Is self determination a natural right? If yes what about people who object to Somaliland, IF no, then explain Somaliland!

Pursuing these line of discussion is healthy and needed IF somaliland was to move in either direction. The fact you think it is useless is worrying. It is also more productive than my clan is better yours.
:D

I think you just like playing the devil's advocate. I notice that you like to argue for another side in the debate just to test people positions. You don't say what you say in good faith. Stop the gimmicks Ibs.

Liibaan   

Som@li;722139 wrote:

You don't have to bring all those to justify the naked aggression by Somaliland militia in SSC, Maakhir
why are you not addressing about the real issue which is in their region of Former BRITISH Somaliland, the clans who live are not all into this project, ignoring and oppressing these people will not make the FACTS go away. You have been trying to keep this under the carpet for over 20 years? how long it is before you address the core issue ? YOU can secede , You can join Israel if you wish, We will not force into union but forcing
the people in SOOL and Maakhir into secession is wrong, Denying they exist is wrong. Who gave you the right to determine their life?
And don't come with what comes from SL politicians, where are brothers and sh!t! I think
in 20 years it is obvious these people don't want anything to do with SL. People in Las Anod don't want occupation and humiliation, SL is taking their basic right of self determination away.

SL has being causing destruction on these region, it is time you let GO!, withdraw your troops, and magaalooyinkiina ku eekada, respect the wishes of the people of SSC, MAAKHIR etc

Trying to outsmart people and
force them in secession will not work, ignoring the issue will not work,
bribing their clan leaders will not work, dividing them will not work, hijacking and ignoring the core issue and sell and fool the world will not work....

Is that hard to understand?

Salaams

Somali

Excellent and well said my brother Som@li, is it very hard to understand that Awdal, Maakhir, and SSC people don't want to be part of SNM/Somaliland and they don't support the clan secession. If Northwest/Togdheer want to have their own Clan-State called "Somaliland" and leave United Somalia, that is fine, we wish them Good luck and Bye.

i don't know

Liibaan but back home the people of sool sanaag and awdal seem to support Somaliland why is that if they are against Somaliland why do they celebrate Somalilands independence day

Awdal

Sanaag

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=n1Ymj_z0n9Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

Sool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zaT0u3-vYys#at=13" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

what do we do with these supporters ,, liibaan?

'Liibaan';722266 wrote:
Awdal people don't want to be part of SNM/Somaliland and they don't support the clan secession. If Northwest/Togdheer want to have their own Clan-State called "Somaliland" and leave United Somalia, that is fine, we wish them Good luck and Bye.

How do you figure that awdal wants out? Are you serious with yourself when saying that? Have you not seen the Awdal elders speak about this or the events that took place in Borama last week the 18th of May? Stop being emotional, come to your senses dude.

Liibaan, do you think that becuase someone is from a particular clan he/she is predispositioned to believe in or have a particular political view. Do you think that clans are political parties ?

I am too lazy to make the elaborate point that I would like to make so for those of you who get the question please do answer, those who don't, forget I ever asked.

Liibaan   

OdaySomali;722271 wrote:
Liibaan, do you think that becuase someone is from a particular clan he/she is predispositioned to believe in or have a particular political view. Do you think that clans are political parties ?

I don't think clans are political parties, but the reality on the ground is Somali politics is all about conflict between clans, meaning somali cvil war was clan war. SNM/Somaliland, Puntland, Awdal, SSC, Maakhir, Galmudug, Udub, Kulmiye, and most somali political groups are basically Clan based entities. Only Shabaab is not based on clan.

Saalax   

Xaaji Xunjuf;722269 wrote:
i don't know

Liibaan but back home the people of sool sanaag and awdal seem to support Somaliland why is that if they are against Somaliland why do they celebrate Somalilands independence day

Awdal

Sanaag

" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

Sool

" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

Excellent videos. That is much of the reality backhome.

'Liibaan';722273 wrote:
SNM/Somaliland, Puntland, Awdal, SSC, Maakhir, Galmudug, Udub, Kulmiye, and most somali political groups are basically Clan based entities. Only Shabaab is not based on clan.

^^^ This is who we are arguing with folks. Ibti wants the "trolls" to dedicate essay to this stuff.

oday Somali the videos are there to make a point you know what they say one picture says more than a thousand words

Liibaan so if alshabaab is not based on clan do you think the Somali People should Support Al shabaab?