Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

Somalilander or Not Somalilander? Part 2

N.O.R.F   

Before I could reply to my friend Sayid, the previous thread was, in my opinion unnecessarily closed.

The only thread that has got people to have a 'discussion' in the politics forums for many moons shouldn't have been closed for minor rule infringments. The healthy debate taking place far outweighs the mentioning of tribal names on a few occasions.

Sayid:

first of all - south or mogadishu to be specific, is not all of somalia - albeit it being an important part.

secondly - i whole agree with you and the people who raise the valid point of not wanting to join a chaos only to get affected by it.

thirdly - the alternatives to current somaliland predicament are many (which can all be done - without having to secede autonomy) - such as

- managing the chaos to it is advantage - i.e. muck in and support like minded groups vying for control of the south with view to influencing the long term outcomes.

- Claim Somali government (think ROC more commonly known as Taiwan - which sat on the UN seat as China until late 1970s)

- espouse Somali unity whilst maintaining your own de facto independence

- etc etc iwm.

Saxib, these are good points that SOMALIA needs to work on. The onus is on SOMALIA to show itself as a viable alternative to going it alone. We are not anywhere near that at the moment and the longer the status quo continues the further away SL will be from having union tendencies.

The Zack   

N.O.R.F;722017 wrote:
Before I could reply to my friend Sayid, the previous thread was, in my opinion unnecessarily closed.

The only thread that has got people to have a 'discussion' in the politics forums for many moons shouldn't have been closed for minor rule infringments. The healthy debate taking place far outweighs the mentioning of tribal names on a few occasions.

I agree with NORF. This thread had one of the healthiest political debates at SOL for ages. Though I understand MMA's frustrations with the rules broken, I think that thread shouldn't have been closed.

Ibtisam   

Otherwise the same old guards just hijack the thread and like the other one it just becomes my clan is mighty and will crash your village and you will never leave iyo catch me if you can.

P.s. I would've liked to see meeshey isla gaadan North and Sayid, and Ngonge to stop hiding behind the jokes and smiles.

The Zack   

LOL@Ibtisam.

Seriously people let's have a reasonable debate for once without insulting each other's qabiil. We all wonder why Somalia has been in the state it is in for 2 decades, well, I wonder why SOL Politics Section members have been in the state they are in for years. Let me be clear, there is no single Somali qabiil that is mightier than other qabiils so please chill with my qabiil is greater crap! In the normal world, that is called ethnocentrism, I think in our world it would be Clanocentrism.

For once, let's put ourselves on other people's shoes and see how this will end up. If you are a die hard Somalilander, for once think outside the box and remember that your entity can NOT move forward if others are not on board, if you are a die hard SSCer, for once imagine how it would be to be with Somaliland., ask yourself, is it really that bad.

Hate, hate, hate won't get anybody anywhere.

For all others this is kinda a peace negotiation for SSCer and Somalilanders, contribute positive things.

Ibtisam   

I just read the list again and it looks like I've excluded everyone :D:o I would've liked to see a debate with the following components and opponents.

Pro-SL: North, Ngonge

Pro-SSC interest: Taleex, Val, Malika

On sideline Puntiland; NN iyo Sayid

on sideline- ONLF: Zack and the other dude- the half wadaad one

Pro- Somalia: OdySomali, Adam, Sayid and the smart newbie

They could have a decent discussion and with the exception of maybe Ngonge and NN are willing to accept others view or be persuaded. At worst they could agree a nice compromise which suits them all. All the others wye iis shiidi!

Okay I think I have caused enough trouble in this thread already, so relegated myself to the side line. :D

Salamah

The Zack   

LOOOOOOOOOOOOL@your list. Just watch, you will be attacked up and down soon. :D :D@the half wadaad dude, who is that dude tolow?

I think everybody should participate as long as they can keep their emotions to certain levels. My clan is better/stronger than your clan is the wackiest argument in this world.

P.s. Exclude NGONGE, he is in denial ama u sheeg adeer SSC is real dheh :D. Also, I think some of the newbies actually make more sense than some of the veterans.

Ibtisam   

JB: You are a troll and you never write more than 2lines unless you are quoting someone- so maxa lagaal haadla? Also Somaliland baa madax ka gashey, as nice and smiley you are to everyone (I have to say you dont resort to open insults) laakin you are not willing to look beyond your box- probably because you believe Somaliland is earth and there is nothing beyond it but space :P:D so what could you possible add to this discussion? Waad duushey already! Tell me if I am lying or being unfair

The Zack: I already knew I was going to be attacked, waan uu badadey! Its okay though, waxaba maleh.

Tell the truth and shame the shaydan, ciidna kuman geefin beena kaman sheegin.

Of course i believe Somaliland is the earth and there is nothing beyond it dee ....... Xamar ?? ... No thank you.

And yes i don't write more than two lines coz this is not the real politics, even if I read Quran i can't convince Zack and GD to believe Somaliland. So what is the point inaan xiiqo ??? That is how it works in SOL. Since you joined SOL, I'm sure there is no one changed his view simply he/she was convinced by a fellow member.

Caadi iska dhiga markaa ,,, Healthy debate yeah ,,, but still it will have the same result. :D

Liibaan   

This is a public forum, and it is called SOMALIA Online forum, Only Admin and moderators can exclude or ban members in this website.

p.s. Odeysomali is Pro-SL and he was insulting SSC.

Som@li   

OdeySomali is a die hard secessionists, I could spot him miles aways, Taleexi almost believed this a genuine with unbiased views.

Liibaan   

Som@li;722091 wrote:
OdeySomali is a die hard secessionists, I could spot him miles aways, Taleexi almost believed this a genuine with unbiased views.

I think Odey somali is X Xunjef

Ibtisam   

^^I didnot say ban dude.

OdySomali CANNOT be XX, that is just absurd, XX only writes in aff Somali and I dont think he can hide his insults and general absurd ideas. Pluz his favorite word "Konfuurs" would've slipped out already if it were him. I think OdySomali is PRo-Somalia in the long term.

JB: Not true, Since I joined SOL, one of the biggest supporters of Somaliland (Ngonge) has progressed from where is Somaliland to there is only Somaliland. Libaan and Xoogsaad and most of the SSC nomads as well as the more neutral clan in that region has switched sides from SL, PL to forming their own Makhir or SSC or something else at one point or another. This of course was not always as result of a health discussion on SOL, but it probably helped them see things one way or another. Ngonge as a case study has most certainly progressed as a direct results of his interaction on SOL.

P.s. Well done you wrote 5lines!!! :P:D