Sign in to follow this  
Somalina

The UK Government says NOOOOOOOOOOOO

Blessed   

OdaySomali,

Well said, walaal. Si nin oday ah ayaad u hadashay. Political disagreements waa mid and I personally like the fact that there is a foray of differeing opinions on this forum, but when people ay xad dhafaan oo hooyooyinka cayaan oo cayaan dadnimada ummad dhan oo Islam ah, Somaalinimaday u doodayaan inay iska haystaan baa la qaatay. This lack of respect and failure to see a fellow Somaali as someone on the same level as you is the problem ina haysata.

Africanown,

Sisterly advise- you do provoke a lot of the insults, tone it down walaalo.

A_Khadar   

Originally Posted by
OdaySomali

... If we are looking at the facts, is that Somaliland wants recognition and Somalia wants Somaliland re remain part of Somalia. Both are in difficult situations but one more so than the other. IMO, in this case the burden of convincing Somaliland is on Somalia. Let alone doing this but Somalia itself is divided, in turmoil and fragmented. If one adds, on top of that, insults, threats and other such behaviour then the aim to convince Somaliland will fail. My point is that Somaliland is not trying to convince Somalia. Secondly, if you go to the person you're trying to convince/negotiate with, with assertions and preconditions that that reek of arrogance when your shoulder-deep in shit yourself, fundamentally challenge the person and everything he stands for and lastly add to this insults and humiliation, it simply is not going to

OdaySomal, the story is not how you put it, rather different. The issue isnt only s/l vs somalia, but regions within the land that s/l claims to be hers are not for this succession.. So do little digging before you try posting suggestions.

A_Khadar   

*Blessed;721490 wrote:
OdaySomali,

Well said, walaal. Si nin oday ah ayaad u hadashay. Political disagreements waa mid and I personally like the fact that there is a foray of differeing opinions on this forum, but when people ay xad dhafaan oo hooyooyinka cayaan oo cayaan dadnimada ummad dhan oo Islam ah, Somaalinimaday u doodayaan inay iska haystaan baa la qaatay. This lack of respect and failure to see a fellow Somaali as someone on the same level as you is the problem ina haysata.

Africanown,

Sisterly advise- you do provoke a lot of the insults, tone it down walaalo.

Bless, I can agree with you more... And the blames is both isles..

Dervish my friend your people could not demand anything of the British government for the simple fact you demand something from a position of strength, but since your making the request from a position of weakness it's closer to begging.

Now that we have that out the way, do you think the British will be to concerned about the wishes of the people who were against 100 years ago begging them today for help.

You either hate the whiteman in both, when in need and when not. Makes no sense to create some phantom history of hating the whiteman if today your standing outside their government offices, crying.

Somalina;721167 wrote:
Wales Online

Thursday, May 19, 2011

THE UK Government was yesterday urged to recognise Somaliland, as Welsh campaigners descended on Westminster to celebrate the 20th anniversary of its separation from Somalia.

Plaid Cymru MP Hywel Williams MP said: “Somalis have long been part of the fabric of Welsh society, and, of course, Cardiff is particularly famous for its Somali community.

“It is always good when smaller countries come into being through the democratic choice of their peoples and Somaliland should now be fully recognised internationally and play its role in the wider world.”

Labour Cardiff South & Penarth MP tabled an early day motion which described the former British protectorate as a “beacon of peace and stability within one of the world’s more turbulent regional environments”.

However, a Foreign Office spokeswoman said:
“We do not recognise Somaliland as an independent state; neither does the rest of the international community.”

But Eid Ali Ahmed, one of about 10,000 Somalis living in South Wales, said: “Now is the time for the UK to lead the world.”

Source: Wales Online

Nothing suprising about this.

Jacpher   

Abokor: Your bitterness suggest as if Somalia has ruined your dream chances of serving your gumeysi masters proudly. Abokoroow second time is a charm miyaa sheekadu. By all means, Somalia says no to enslavement of one of their own.

Dervish   

Abokor you are not my friend and no one that supports a government that kills innocent human beings will ever be my friend. The irony of your people amaze me, they base their secession solely on the brutality of a former dictator while they at the same time brutally do the same at this present time. The SSC demonstration in London and Washington D.C was more symbolic then anything. To show the people back home and the entire diaspora we support the cause. You say we are begging? i dont know how you can come up with that conclusion we have land we have a country and we have enough land to share amongst us all, and some. Awdal, Sool, Sanaag and Cayn support somalia give it up.

Jacpher you are playing the same tired old tune, it will fall on death ears. The whiteman is not my master has never been, contrary to your imagination. The man came to Somalia be it British or Italian with the aim of imposing themselves on the indeginose people. Some worked with them others died fighting them but your memory of history is selective. For one the British did not colonise the north compared to the Italians in the south who even had some of you working on their plantations as modern day slaves. Let's be honest about history the whiteman had no better friend in Sonalia as a whole then those who scream loudest today that there ancestors died fighting the whiteman.

The hypocrisy has no shame you have the modern day pirates of today who's ancestors were the most obedient Somalis to the Italians and british in the horn calling there footsoldiers, the Darwish brigade..WTF.

^^^Its you who is calling for recognition and getting rejected by your old masters.

We are all just watching and biding our time. Secessionisam has lost.

Dervish   

Abokor id be ignorant and absolutely wrong if i stood here and say no Isqs fought against the British that would be irresponsible and hurtful knowing many somalis from all clans sacrificed their lives. But im not talking about the south, nor am i talking about pirates who have nothing to do with the SSC region. lets focus on this issue before you go off track for a second. The Dervish resistance though not exclusively a Dulbahante movement it did contain the majority of the Dulbnte clan. i will also point out that subclans in our greater tribe also contributed to the colonizers ranks, so let that be clear. The sacrifice my Darwiish forefathers paid for the unity of my people will not be in vein.

A_Khadar;721500 wrote:
OdaySomal, the story is not how you put it, rather different.
The issue isnt only s/l vs somalia, but regions within the land that s/l
claims to be hers are not for this succession.. So do little digging before you try posting suggestions.

One should not try to argue about everything; even when there is no argument to be had. Is SSC group not with the 'Somalia' camp? (at least that is the impression I got)