Sign in to follow this  
genius pauper.

marriage while schooling!!

If you're using the term 'school' in the usual sense, am I right in supposing that you're asking whether it's al-right for 16/17/18 year olds to marry? That's a preposterous and thoughtless suggestion! Even if you're using the term 'school' in the America sense, I would still say it's pointless and counterproductive thing to do. I know many postgraduate students at my university, one of whom got engaged recently to another fellow student, and most of us raised eyebrows when we heard that.

Here's a simple suggestion for those who view marriage as a thing of sanctity. Go through school and undergraduate studies, and possibly postgraduate studies too, manage to get hold of a good job; it's only then you should even think about marrying.

@mulug, please go a step a head and explain why you think its not fine to marry at this age. I can see you dont buy the idea. @ che, nice said. @aaliyyah, dont you think the issue needs the attention of the parents to intervene? Ofcourse we should accept, the need to marriage is equal to the need for food and drinks, atleast to some degree it is, so dont you think we should mould it perfect and accept the will of the 'needy' siblings of ours? Or are we saying, its must to hold your horses and should wait? Lol

Malika   

Stoic said it all, it's do able - its can be done if both parties are trully into it. It requires adventerous, realistic people - no dreamers, because they will soon find it hard, challenging and only to go and quit halfway.

For the super human, whom have their little lives well planned , I say kudos but lord thats so boring. Nothing beats the sense of pure contentment of being with someone you love, care for even if your home consists of a mattress, beat up tv etc. Life is not always about ticking some boxes ... So if you find someone that rocks your world at a young age - lucky you! Some will grow old never to have experienced that sense of freedom to be, that is brought by being young and in love...Alright am bias here. To each and his/her own, I say.

nuune   
Malika, I don't think love discriminates being young or being old, I know this odey, he is around 83 now, hal cirro ah kuma taalo, bidaarna malahan, laakin jaceel baa silciyey, even up until now, the only sicknes he has is jaceyl, wuxuu ku oranayaa, basteey baan jaceyl la'ahey, oo meedey taad jecleyd baad oran, markaasuu orani, maba eysan dhalan wali

genius pauper.;720398 wrote:
@mulug, please go a step a head and explain why you think its not fine to marry at this age. I can see you dont buy the idea.

Wait, you want me to tell you why it isn't good for teenagers to marry? Well, hold it there for a minute. I'll get back at you, right after I explain to my neighbour that the sky is blue, and the Earth is in the Solar System.

Malika   

:D, nuune walaal - taasi oo kale islamahaa wexee yiradaan waa inkaar..Lol, saying that oday awoowo ii hay baa 80 and is married to a 20yr old, he is very happy, but not sure if the girl is happy - dee waad oogtahay how things roll back home.

genius, be realistic and know its for the long haul, there will be pleanty of challenges - rise above them, as long as it doesnt jeapordise your well being. One can study, work and be married at a young age - in this day and age, one doesnt need to have children straight away. As I said, its for each and his/her own.

Malika;720442 wrote:
Lol, saying that oday awoowo ii hay baa 80 and is married to a 20yr old, he is very happy.

I bet he is. I shall not even ask whether she is happy too, though.

Malika;720448 wrote:
^Thats for her to know..

Are you in anyway suggesting that she might be happy for being married to an 80 year old man?

Blessed   

A career involves double the workload of studies. If you think it's impossible to study and be in a full time relatiobship then you should give yourself completly to your career. The arguments against student marriage here sound silly to me. IMHO off course.

~~~blessed, then thats ok. you say, if you can, get on, if not leave. that simple.

@mulu, waqti mahaayo kulaha;)

@ malika, challenges is what life is all about, just the form differs. being realistic is taking the real life ahead, and atleast starting abit earlier.

*Blessed;720483 wrote:
A career involves double the workload of studies. If you think it's impossible to study and be in a full time relatiobship then you should give yourself completly to your career. The arguments against student marriage here sound silly to me. IMHO off course.

Nonsense! People studying at any half-decent university get assigned more workload daily than most jobs would involve. If by 'career', you mean a dead-end job, which ironically is the kind of a job that early marriage helps one usually land on, then maybe you are right. To be honest, I find the way Somalis underrate education and over sanctify marriage disgusting. Explains how it was that a computer science graduate happened to not know what Turing Machine is that one time!

Aaliyyah   

Lol genius I am not saying one should wait, haday rabaan ha guursadan. It is not my place to order anyone...I already said the better alternative and my opinion

Many ppl here such as stioc and Malika are on the same boat as you..

waa caadi aduunku dadku isku wax ma arkaan

ee orad dee hadad guursanasid guuro bariiska iyo xalwadan qaar no soo tuur :P

@ nuune lol@ wali ma dhalan!

salaam