Sign in to follow this  
Aaliyyah

Hair tips..

Aaliyyah   

I was actually planning to go to sallys. I wanted to get magnetic rollers and giovani (sp)leave in conditioner. I'll add these two to my list. Thanks narniah

Narniah;869658 wrote:
My two new found Love. AhhMayzing!

PCcWDl.jpg

ipGAEl.jpg

I've been using that Nourishing Coconut Milk for some time now and it does exactly what it promises. The only thing I use for my hair is coconut oil it does a better job then all those expensive products out there (tried them all) never had any split or dry ends or breakage or dry hair in general. The only thing in my hairline products that is not coconut oil are my shampoo and conditioner and the occasional castor oil I use in my hair I usually save that for the winter since at that time there is no sunlight so our hair grows slow.

Aaliyyah You should definitely try out the Nourishing Coconut Milk it might work for you aswell since coconut oil products always guaranteed work on your hair since it's the only oil that does penetrate deep in the hair. About your curly hair tutorial video it makes me miss my curlies. Curly hair is beautiful so much better then straight hair. I used to have curly/wavy hair in my childhood my hair structure changed in my early teenage years now i've to deal with straight hair but then again my mom has straight hair guess I inherited from her.

Ps for anybody who's trying to grow their hair expose your hair to sunlight as that speeds up the growth cycle of your hair. Even noticed that from my own hair I don't do much about my hair in summer leave it as much as natural as possible and it still grows hard on it's own because of the sunlight and gives me an extra 2 inch growth then I normally would have.

Aaliyyah   

Blue you are absolutely right abt coconut oil I have always loved that oil. Castor oil is another great oil.

Thanks for your input abt the coconut milk I will definitely try it

As for your hair structure changing is it possible that you relaxed it in the past.If thats the case shave your hair you might get your real texture back.

PS it is true that sunlight helps with hair growth as a hijabi I doubt my hair gets much of it

Aaliyyah;869791 wrote:
Blue you are absolutely right abt coconut oil I have always loved that oil. Castor oil is another great oil.

Thanks for your input abt the coconut milk I will definitely try it

As for your hair structure changing is it possible that you relaxed it in the past.If thats the case shave your hair you might get your real texture back.

PS it is true that sunlight helps with hair growth as a hijabi I doubt my hair gets much of it

No I never relaxed my hair I believe that's too extreme and damaging for any hair to undergo such procedure. Overprocessing your hair can change your hair i'm aware of that but I don't straighten my hair that often either maybe once a week I try to have it as natural as possible. A friend of mine used to have orange hair in her childhood and when she got older her hair changed to black so it is possible to undergo changes in your hair it all depends on your genes.

If you have a garden or a balcony you can sit there without scarf since it's your house and let your hair and skin get some 30 mins of sun. You don't need to sit or spend hours outdoors even 30 mins is enough and will get you results, watch out too much sun exposure can also damage your hair. You can sit out in the sun for a whole hour without protection if your brown skinned whether you are light or dark after that you need SPF protection on your skin.

Narniah   

Blue! Don't you just LoOoOve how it smells? (The organix coconut nourishing milk). It's almost smells like it has a touch of vanilla too.

I love how it makes my hair shine/ leaves it so silk, leaves my ends unbelievably smooth ohh it does everything lol (cut)! I would be the perfect hair model for this.

Sunlight also lightens the hair.

Narniah;869812 wrote:
Blue! Don't you just LoOoOve how it smells? (The organix coconut nourishing milk). It's almost smells like it has a touch of vanilla too.

I love how it makes my hair shine/ leaves it so silk, leaves my ends unbelievably smooth ohh it does everything lol (cut)! I would be the perfect hair model for this.

Sunlight also lightens the hair.

Tell me about it the smell is heavenly yum. Love products that do not only work well but also smell nice and are a pleasure to your senses, the shine and smoothness you are right I experienced the same thing which is also one of the reasons why I love it and find a top product. Lol Narniah maybe you should try it out, have you seen those L'oreal hair commercials some of them are so overreacting it's funny. You would think hair commercials should be about promoting natural hair but sometimes you see people like Beyonce doing a hair commerical when you know she has a weave on. Oh yeah you get brown highlights if you have black hair which is beautiful but that's temporary it doesn't last that long.

Guzel   

I use shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie on my wet hair to make it curly then I gently dry it, at night time I put castor oil on my ends. Chime Edwards from youtube is my hair idol because of the thickness and lenght of her hair.