Sign in to follow this  
Aaliyyah

Xeedho

Naxar Nugaaleed;716623 wrote:
A friend of mine told that in certain parts of the south, they have a tradition called sariir saar, lol, is this true and what do they do?

Which Koonfur?

Aaliyyah   

lol bilan k got it. Now I can understand why that lady chose to refuse to have it for her duaghter.. lol..why would u give meat to guests that represents what the groom got on the wedding night. Now that is icky! lol..but regardless of that the muqmad does taste great but what it represents is wrong in every level...

salaam

Aaliyyah   

LOL I said what it represents is wrong. If my mom wants it I will do it for her I wont deprive her of it. but damn why does it have to mean this! yikes

salaam

Aaliyyah   

loool yea man I wont . Ma ogid islaamaha intay isku yimadaan bay muqmada wada diyaariyaan...waa wax ee jecelyihin in ay maanto dhan wada shekeestan gabadhohodana faniyaan..marka wa tee gabadha hoyadeed u diidasa...I would think it would be selfish of me. aint it..

and ur right its what u make of it. We can overlook its meaning and just choose it as a happy event!..

salaam

Aaliyah-Waayahe bal don't

There's nothing with the meaning either as long as it's not explicitly overplayed in which case it becomes tacky

Aaliyyah   

Axmed looool if that is ur dhaqan then u dnt need sariir saar party (im not even sure what one can do in such event lol) but rather get married axmed im sure then u can proceed to the next level and then maybe ull stop writing rubbish on SOL threads lol

The Zack   

Che -Guevara;716654 wrote:
^Oh dear-you ate someone's wife?

Based on the lessons given by Ms. Bilan, yes. In my view, I ate delicious Somali-sytle suqaar.

The Zack   

^^Kids? Waar xishoo dee geel beele!

Anyways, now you have been to Africa, did you see what they call "Suqaar" over there? It is basically kalaankal. The Suqaar you would find in the Somali-owned restaurants in the west is what we used to call muqmad AKA Collab.