Sign in to follow this  
Aaliyyah

Xeedho

Aaliyyah   

First though, he must take the upper veil off, just as he would a new bride in her wedding gown, and then process with the untying of the ropes.

is that what u referring to lol..

and I didnt know that fact before reading this article. I always thought it was a nice gesture toward the groom's family. lol...

salaam

A_Khadar   

bilan;716612 wrote:
From what I heard the meaning behind the xeero is not that innocent.

heehe,, Bilan is expert.. she knows subtle irony of Xeedho... Bilan bal soo daa aniga iyo Aliya and the rest nagu akhri.. Hope, Alliya wouldn't hate the Xeedho after that.. As I said, I am not fun of this Xeedho because of it's irony..lol

Aaliyyah   

Yea bilan tell us the full story. But, I dnt think the meaning behind it should matter...guys usually enjoy the muqmad and that is it?...wait does the muqmad also stands for something? LOL..

Aaliyyah   

The groom cannot partake in the opening of the Xeedho

lol ..the article is a bit confusing. If the xeedho is symbolizing the bride why is the guy's male relatives untying it. That just doesnt add up :) ..the groom should be opening it? miyeyna aheen? lol

bilan   

lol yes muqmad stands for something, something that is very important lol...Men enjoy because they have dirty mind(jk).

Aaliyyah   

^lol as was already explained here it is shaash saar..what the hell is sariir saar lol? or is that somein else..as fr the shaash saar thingy..it is just bunch of ladies throwing at the girl shaash (wax masarka oo kale usoo eeg laakin dumarka guursaday uun baa xidha!)...hope that helps

lol tell me what does it stand for bilan? I am serious walahi lol or I will ask my mom. She has like three of them stacked in our living room...oo ay igu talagashay baan is idhi lol..walee waan ka dhaaran maanta..

^ lol, am told its different Aaliyya. another question is whats the difference between malqabad-shaash-masar, my sisters tells me one of them is for old ladies only

Aaliyyah   

lool walahi I can't say! ayeeyday baan u keena mid markasay dhahada kani wa masare ii keen malqamadii lol marka intaan kuwa badan u keeno mid kala baxda! ilaa maanta kuma kala sheegi karo! bal aan so waydiiyo LOL

Showqi   

Naxar Nugaaleed;716625 wrote:
malqabad-shaash-masar,

Naxar, mid kalena way jirtaa oo la yadhaahdo ilyar ama Gambo

bilan   

NN koonfur is big and diverse, I have never heard sariir saar, I think your friend is playing with you, but ask him where in Koonfur do they have this sariir saar?

I have not seen malkhabad long time, actually since ay ayeeyday dhimatay.

malkhabad: waa masar modoow oo duleela yar yar leh(waa ilyar) ama duleela xoogaa waaweyn(ilwayn), waayeelka uun baa xirta.

Shaash: marwooyinka kaliya baa xirta

Masar: is free for all 

A_Khadar   

^^ Reminds me when I visited Miyi a while back and I was walking with two other guys, then lady appeared far away, and they both could tell if she is married or not by saying don't bother she is already taken.. I was like what? how do u guys know, you can't even see her face..

Later they explained to me that you can tell by the hear cover she has.. IF it's malkhabad, she is married, if masar, still AV..lol.

Now tell u the different, malkhabad is the black one with small holes.. like nets.. Masar/shash colorful, me think..

Aaliyyah   

Thanks Bilan for the clarification now I think I know the difference.... Ayeeydaana ilaahay ha u naxaristo yada iyo dhamaan inti umad muslinka dhimatay. Janna alle haka waraabiyo..ubadkay ka tagtayna ilaahay haka dhigo kuwa khyr qaba oo u duceeya marwalba oo ay ku jano tagto inshallah..

salaam

Aaliyyah   

a khadar lol @ that one is available! maalinta ka dib expert baad noqotay soma aha..So, I am assuming it played the same role the ring plays now. Even though some people say wearing ring is haraam. Not sure their sources though...

bilan   

Aaliyyah;716624 wrote:
^

lol tell me what does it stand for bilan? I am serious walahi lol or I will ask my mom. She has like three of them stacked in our living room...oo ay igu talagashay baan is idhi lol..walee waan ka dhaaran maanta..

I do not want to be responsible of dhaqankan nabaad guurkiisa. Laakiin here is what it is in a nutshell :

xeeradu waa gabadhii on her wedding night, ragan soo baxaya ee furfurayana they symbolize the groom, waxan ay furfurayaan waa gabadhii, muqmaduna is what the groom gets on the wedding night. Hadii easily loo furo means gabadhu markeedii hore lama habayn, hadii ay furi waayaana, it means the groom is not good in that department.

I actually know islaan diidday in gabadheeda loo sameeyo, the girl did not care since she grew up in the west, but her paternal aunts were really pissed off.