Sign in to follow this  
Aaliyyah

Xeedho

Ms MoOns   

I only know the southern version, which is why ''xeedho'' wasn't ringing any bells lol.

I love the shaash saar, it's my favourite part! :D

Can't wait for my own. ^^

Aaliyyah   

I love the shaash saar, it's my favourite part!

Can't wait for my own. ^^

most girls dnt like to be put on the spot with all these ladies throwing shaash on them..but I am glad u think it is fun :)..insha'Allah your shaash saar party will turn out great. Hope for u all the best :)..

I only know the southern version, which is why ''xeedho'' wasn't ringing any bells lol.

As for me as u can see frm my posts I hardly know the difference btw xeedho or shaash saar...lol..

Ms MoOns   

most girls dnt like to be put on the spot with all these ladies throwing shaash on them..but I am glad u think it is fun ..insha'Allah your shaash saar party will turn out great. Hope for u all the best ..

Thanks walaalo macaan. It's probably really different when you're actually sitting there rather then watching.

I actually do not like to be put on the spot, but it's not really something you do regularly, so might as well enjoy it! lol

As for me as u can see frm my posts I hardly know the difference btw xeedho or shaash saar...lol..

I didn't even know what xeedho was. Learnt something new here! :P

A_Khadar   

^^^ Xeedho is only fun when asking people questions like "which is heavier 1kg of cotton and 1kg of rocks...".. lol.. Many answer, the 1kg of rocks is heavier..lol..

I asked to open it once because askariyada knew me.. darn it.. embarrassing when u never got that close to the thing.. then later asked me to sing when I couldn't untie it.. lol.. Ceebay taacaal...

Shaash saar is strickly for ladies where Xeedho is for men mostly. I even heard and saw when the Xeedho is opened, only men eat the "Muqumada" and other snacks/macmacaan is provide for wemen in the event. Plus there are additional Xeedhos beside the opened one, and those are given to the married women who are related to the groom like his siters, ant, cousins etc.

A_Khadar   

I will put together workshop sessions about these tradditions (shaash saar, xeedho, diiqo,baroosimoo, madaxshub,etc) online!Comming soon, anyone interested...lol..

Aaliyyah   

I asked to open it once because askariyada knew me.. darn it.. embarrassing when u never got that close to the thing.. then later asked me to sing when I couldn't untie it.. lol.. Ceebay taacaal...

I thought it was the groom and his family who have to untie it?

by the way when she told u to sing what did u sing? lol just curious..

and yea I would be interested in those workshops..waxad nugu dhaantid so bandhig :)

A_Khadar   

^^ lol.. Yp, you are right, groom's family open the xeedho. That one, wasn't related to either, just friend of the groom and happened to be there know the askariyad, xaasid nimo ayey ii soo kicisay..

Workshops will cost u, so soo ururi arday badan..

A_Khadar   

ooh about the song, It was Shooli's song..

Sida laaga roob helay

Casarkii Ka lagac yidhi

Lala raacay indhahee

Arooskiinu Laacee

Ladnaan Ladnaan

Ladnaan ku waara

Labadii Is dooree.....

Aaliyyah   

^^ lol you actually sang that front of the whole crowd. You got some guts :)

and I thought they were free workshops..aad umada wax ugu tarasid see weeye ..lol