Sign in to follow this  
Boom Boom

A Community That Loves Scandal and Media Attention

BOB   

Salam *Blessed,

Being geel jire is the blueprint of being Somali but nowadays waxaa jidha Somalis being born in London, NY, Milan, Paris and every other place where Camels are only seen on TV marka waa inaan kula hadalnaa luuqad ay fahmi karaan oo ka duwan kii aan miyiga ku niqiinay marka inantu yeysan inoo arkin inaan nahay dad aan sensitive aheyn oo aan xanuunkeeda grasp gareen kadhin.:D

PS. Xaajiga beryahan lama arage xaguu ku lumay? :) I pray all is well with you guys over there Insha Allah.

Peace, Love & Unity.

Paragon   

Ninkii raggaa la caayaa, ee xiniinyo isku yeel. Mise wuxu waa bilcaan, boomboomtan la soo hindhisay.

Baroor iyo ba'ayeey wallee meelna kuu cubi mayso.

NGONGE   

^^ I took a holiday from work to prove a point to some Somalis. Now that I have fully proved it, I am contemplating a change of career (long story). Heh.

BOB   

:D I thought you were done with proving people wrong dee.

Peace, Love & Unity.

Taleexi   

Tani dhakhtar uma baahna Abwaan. Waa cantarabaqash. Kumase diganayo yarka ee Alla karaamada qof ahaaneed ee uu leeyahay Alle ha tuso.

This blogger explains everything I wanted to say:

Somalia.

The place I'll never know. The place I can never call home. The place that I tell people I from when in reality I'm not because I've never been there.

So, what does Somalia hold for me? What is it's meaning if I don't know anything about it? I mean sure I know the clothes, the foods, I vaguely speak the language but can fully comprehend it.

Does this make me a Somali?

To be honest with you; I can't stand my people anymore. I don't know what's been happening but lately their's a certain common typicalness of behaviour and aqlaaq that I've noticed in Somali's that is just puting me off.

Last Friday my sister and I joined my father on a trip to a mosque. There was a lecture that was to be held there that day and my father told us it was going to be very interesting. The mosque is owned and runned by Somali people making it a very common mosque for well----Somali's.

Anyway my sister and I agreed but by Allah I will never go back to that place again. It's a mosque, but to someone who didn't know any better they would think it's a community center, a gym, and a mall.

First off the place was hot and stuffy since there were so many female bodies around. We were supposed to go into the various classrooms so we could sit down and hear the lecture through the speakers. There was no screen or anything to see the sheikh's speaking or the brother's side. You had to just sit down and listen.

But did these crazy animals do that? HELL NO.

All the girls appeared to my age or older yet watching them you'd think they were 10 years old. Or caged animals let out on the loose. Or maybe both.

Anyway, my sister and I couldn't hear one word. The girls around us were all chatting so loudly I had to strain my ears just to make sure the sheikh was speaking.

He spoke in a low quiet voice naturally and in a matter of minutes his voice was lost amongst the high pitched chatter of these crazy girls.

"Omg..I hate Hawa. You know what she did to me the other day?" one girl next to me said to her friend.

My sister and I looked at each other almost ready to laugh. Ironically my name is Hawa for those of you who don't know. At first to be honest I was thinking "What the hell did I do to you? I don't even know you?!"

But probably what I found most ironic is the fact that the minute in my mind I think "I hate Somali's." The sheikh's voice comes through and says "Allah says do not hate one another."

My jaw dropped and my sister and I sat there staring at each other saying nothing. Believe it or not that was the one thing I had learned throughout the entire 3 hour lecture.

Everyone in that room was either gossiping, talking about fashion or showing each other text-messages or pictures on their blackberry's. I noticed how Somali's are big trend hoppers. The minute blackberry' were considered "in" they all jumped on the boat so to speak and sailed away with it.

And anyone who does not or has never been with that trend their cast off as well--outcasts.

Would you believe me if I told you, that two Somali girl's broke out into a fight? Yes. You read it. A fight. In the mosque. One minute these two girls are talking the next there yelling, but it didn't appear to be yelling until their voices were louder than everybody elses (which was very loud). Mind you, by the end of all this I had a serious headache.

I remember a bunch of people chanting Mariam! Mariam! My sister and I stayed put while everyone in the room, gets up to run to the fight to get a closer look. Even the girls who appeared to be quiet like my sister and I got up and ran to see it. I don't blame them though, I mean who doesn't like to see a full out brawl? What bothered me though the most was the fact they fought in a mosque. A mosque! A place where your supposed to remember Allah, and Islam and what it stands for. Fighting is not recommended in Islam unless your doing Jihaad, and I don't think our religion was being threatened in anyway because Mariam did not like the other chick.

It was so disgusting to watch them all. My sister and I sat next to an Afghan Family, and wallah the expression on the afghan women's faces would make you laugh and feel embarrassed at the same time. Their eyes were wide open in shock like they were watching some gross animals on the Discovery Channel.

One of the Afghan women sitting next to us started yelling something angrily in her language as she pointed towards all the Somali girl's running and screaming. I was completely embarrassed and ashamed, and in the deepest corner of my heart hoped that maybe if she saw me and my sister sitting quietly she would think that not all of the people in my race are the same.

One of the leaders who was female asked the girls to finally sit down and be quiet. And instead of listening to her reason, they mimicked her and made fun of her. They called her ugly under their breath and their was no doubt that she hadn't heard their rude comments. Why do they have to be such *****es? Why can't they just act like normal human beings? Were they not taught any manners when they were young?

And that's when I realized they weren't. Remember the afghans who sat next to us? I began comparing their children and the Somali children to see differences. And I saw them. Huge ones.

A ten year old Somali girl and a 5 year old Afghan differ not only age, but intelligence. The afghan mother told her daughter to sit down. Without a word the Afghan girl sits down and says nothing. Mean while the Somali mother is screaming at her daughter to stop RUNNING, SCREAMING, and sit down. The ten year old continues to run and scream ignoring her mother's pleas.

I couldn't take seeing them anymore and since I wasn't gaining any more knowledge other than prom dresses (the girls next to me spent an hour describing prom clothes and accessories) my sister and I decided to head back to our car that was parked outside of the masjid. We sat there waiting for my father and brothers to return. When they did, my father began talking to us about how amazing the lecture was and how, we missed out. I was so mad I began telling my father everything. He seemed sad and disgusted too about how the Somali girls had been acting. I told him I never wanted to go back to that mosque again. There were other masjids that I can learn and gain that feeling of peace that I wanted. Masjids where behaviour like that is clearly not tolerated. Masjids where everyone is much more respectful and kind. These people didn't treat the house of Allah like one at all; and I couldn't go back to see that. It was much to horrifying.

Somali boys are a totally different story. Pants riding their ***, days are spent smoking pot, weed or whatever other things are illegally inhale-able. Majority of them around my area have dropped out of high school or graduated without continuing on to post-secondary (university/college). Thus there days are spent lounging about smoking or finding ways of getting themselves arrested. The worst part is that they flaunt the fact that they're bums as if there cool.

I just wonder what's going to happen when they finally wake up from the deep slumber. It will sadly be a really rude awakening. And all these hoes and whores they're running after will eventually leave them because let's face it: whores want a husband. Or the Somali boys themselves will come to realize that they want to get married but will find no decent girl who will want them because they are in fact wastes.

Of course to all these stereotypes there are exceptions. Rare occasions have I found Somali's who against all these things. I've gone to the States a couple of times and the Somali's here in Canada and in the U.S are literally identical in character.

A friend of mine told me in London England as well, that the people are the same there as well.

You don't even have to look in England, or Canada or U.S to see the barbaric acts of Somalis. In fact just go straight to the homeland where they fight on land for tribal purposes and on water for gaining materials (pirates.)

Some may argue that other cultures have these kind of people as well. News flash: I'm not from another culture. I'm Somali. And I'm sick and tired of seeing my people behave like animals.

Grow up you damn Somali's. Cause honestly I'm tired of having to tell people I'm Somali and cringe at the faces they make.

http://xxitsahugeworldoutherexx.blogspot.com/2011/04/somalia.html