Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Sex Abuse, Blackmail Victim Speaks Out

A brave Somali sex abuse and blackmail victim is breaking her silence by speaking with FOX 9 News about her struggle in an attempt to save other women from sharing her experiences.

“My culture and my country -- (it’s a) very shameful thing,” she said.

The victim -- whose identity will remain concealed -- has shown herself to be a woman of enormous courage, and shared her painful story about a man she met, fell in love with and then fell victim to.

She told FOX 9 News reporter Tom Lyden that she met her attacker three months ago, but ended the relationship when he drugged and raped her.

“He raped me and then I called and asked him why he did that, and he said, ‘If you talk, I will show everyone your video tape,’” she recounted.

She said he also took pictures of her naked, and soon after, she discovered he was married with three children.

When she refused to continue the relationship, she said he began circulating pictures of her at a local Somali mall where she works. Before long, he would e-mail hundreds of copies for a price of $5.

“One night, he (brought) a friend over to my home and said, “If you don’t have sex with him, I will send your picture,’” she said.

READ MORE: http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/dpp/news/minnesota/sex-abuse,-blackmail-victim-speaks-out-mar-21-2011

Cara.   

This is completely fabricated. A "strong and brave" woman who is speaking out to highlight the atrocities committed against and yet still remains anonymous. No arrests, no police investigation of a number of serious crimes.

Even if the story is true, what does being Somali have to do with anything? Don't similar sex scandal and blackmail schemes happen to US senators and church leaders?

^The story i heard from a friend of hers is different.(When she wanted to commit suicide)

the boy is a bonifide naca-s. wuxuu istaahilaa in la karbaasho...the girl is obviously mentally unstable and of course the lawyers are being lawyers. Ilaahey haa u fududey...ilahow ceebtena astur

Ibtisam   

IT should be more like ilaho ceebta kashiif in this case nooh^^ These people need to be shamed and named and bullied and treated like the diseased outcasts they are. All of them.

I dont see why it is important to point out SHE is somali though- unless there is a specific policy towards somalis it should be treated like any other nationality witht he same criminal activities.

Jacpher   

^I too heard a slightly different version, one that sort of explains why the police haven't arrested the guy or aren't conducting investigation, according to waxaa la yiri. But it's already posted here. Either way, it's another shameful episode the community is facing.

http://www.somaliaonline.com/community/showthread.php/54141-Sex-Abuse-Blackmail-Victim-Speaks-Out

*Ibtisam;704731 wrote:
IT should be more like ilaho ceebta kashiif in this case nooh^^ These people need to be shamed and named and bullied and treated like the diseased outcasts they are. All of them.

I dont see why it is important to point out SHE is somali though- unless there is a specific policy towards somalis it should be treated like any other nationality witht he same criminal activities.

I think it is important to mention somali so that the community is made aware of these kind of ugly lessons. we bury our heads in the sand(or snow in this case)

Doesn't she have a family around? If yes, then heck with the police restraint order shitty and settle it in old fashion way, break this azz's bones into pieces. If the story is true that is.

Som@li   

There is a similar case over here where a girl is drugged and then raped by teenage boys, but her family faced a pressure to make it low profile,and to save the " family honor" ....anyway, the good news , family chose to press charges, and the case is still ongoing.

Hope those bast@rds get justice.

Samafal   

La xawla wala quwata ilaa bilaah! Islamicly speaking we can not believe whatever we hear until its certain beyond doubt that the allegation is true. So we need to be careful here.

The allegation this lady is making is huge, it even engulfs the community as a whole when she says that he was selling her pics in front of her store as if Somali are bunch of perverts craving for pics of naked women!!

But why the police and the court sytem will not do anything? since it will be easy to prove the blackmail if not the rape?

Sensei   

Allow na samata bixi.

Nimanyahow & gabdhayahow: we should take her for her story- i.e drugged & raped. We will probably never know the entire story, but some serious pain must have driven her to come forth. Has she ever shared this with family & friends before going public ? I hope she recovers in time from all the agony she has been put through.

As for the offender, he should be deported to Kismayu with a label that says "American spy".

Aaliyyah   

I doubt this story is fabricated. What girl in her right mind would tell reporters a fake story abt her personal life and make herself social outcast in the somali community??

Bottom line we can take this as a lesson....And, I do hope justice is served. The man was married on top of it all..Shame!

Som@li   

^Marriage does not stop criminality.

I think this case is true, and genuine, Some Somalis usually like to keep under the carpet these kind of crimes.

Aaliyyah   

^^ I agree that marriage does not stop criminality. It is just the fact that one would have better regard for a man who is married and it makes one shiver to know that theres men out there who are married who are manipulating young innocent women...subhanalah!!...

Also, this is a good lesson for any girls out there......I do have to point out that she made a mistake when she invited him over to her house. A big no-no something that could have been avoided if she practiced islam. But, somalis are known to be cultural rather than religious....Inshallah may allah swt guide us and may somali girls know their worth and know that no man should enter their house unless shes married to him period!!!And, also dont trust every random person you meet...walahi it explains why our parents are always saying qof layaqaan keena..it saves u all this headache..hadii ay qofkan garan laheed waxbadan bay ogaan laheed...he couldnt have been able to hide he was married..my heart goes out to this lady when I was watching the video tears were flowing down my cheeks..the man doesnt deserve to live...This story also sheds a light that not every somali man out there single or married is nice and all that..we do have our psychos..ladies learn a lesson frm this n dnt trust too easily......!!!