Sign in to follow this  
Br CD0000

Revert Br, Somalian Sr.

Juxa   

I will not be joining your ducas. did you not hear siduu uga hadley her family?

Just because he is a convert does not mean we should all do the oohs and aahs expected. Her parents have every right to worry about her wellbeing, whether or not she may deserve it.

I actually think they are very reasonable in inviting to have a word. intaas ka badan muxuu rabaa? To be honest some somali guys dont even get invited for a chat, just outright rejection based on the size of dacaskiisa.

If poster wants to truely get married to the girl, he will make it happen, assure her family etc.

ps: did anyone notice how he seems to understand somaliga lasoo qorey? wuuba ka xanaaqay

let the buufis commence

Blessed   

I sense buufis too, Juxa.

Just to clarify to the misinformed many; family background is an acceptable consideration in Islamin regards to Marriage. Respect is pretty important and it's my opinion that the poster (from what he's written) lacks for the girls family..

I came back just to let you know of what I was told by a Sheikh I saw today, guys...Then I see that I lack respect, I'm weak blah blah blah. Whatever. I have no idea what about choosing deen over culture has made you all so bitter. Honestly.

When I mentioned the opinions posted here (and quoted, many posts), he immediately (FIRST thing he said was) "AstaghfiruAllah". I hope that is a good indication for some you guys inshaAllah. He told me, if the sister and I both wish to get married (which we both do) and there is no reason in the sharia for it to not go ahead, then don't listen to such cultural nonsense. Also, that a Muslim family have no say unless there is an Islamic reason. What the sister and I knew all along, yet the more cultural among us here (and only here on this forum) wanted to dispute.

So, no, I can wear my cool red shoes all I wish, thank you very much.

If this sister and I were weak, we'd blindly nod along. But as I said before, neither of us are the kind of roll over and die, and alhamdulillah neither of us turn the other cheek when culture is diseasing our deen. That's just how it is.

I probably should have known better than to try and participate in a cultural forum to begin with, when looking for practical religious advice. So I do apologise for disturbing you guys, I guess I came here to learn from respect I do have for her family (whether you guys wish to see that or not, I couldn't give a rats ***. As far as I'm concerned, this is the internet and everyone on it, including me, is just some random creeper.)

Have fun living under your rock, children.

But do know, there is a world outside. And it's waiting for you. Just so you know it's there.

Pucca   

i get a headache every time i hear the old "parents say no cuz im a convert"...honestly, why dont converts marry converts? aint there a community of them out there? I mean its all good and mashallah that they've accepted islam but lets be honest, you don't a person...you marry a family. And they dont like you, ka soco...plenty of women out there. I'm not anti converts, but all these men who convert and suddenly think they can have any practicing since birth sister is just bloody annoying. dude, go build your iman and after YEARS of being a muslim....then maybe you can be accepted. lakiin a muslim for a month and i want to get married? sheeko...start fasting baan ku iri.

ps. you should have asked the father permission to speak to his daughter first...woulda saved you plenty of time.

Malika   

Subhanallah, some of the responses here are just down right wrong - absolutely shocking!

So much anger in people, its blinding their logic.

Subhanallah.