Sign in to follow this  
Br CD0000

Revert Br, Somalian Sr.

Malika   

^:D at SOL tradition..hayee, how would you prove the person on the picture is the same person that has posted here? He could easily get someone to pose for him..

NGONGE   

^^Two people can't be that foolish. :D

And it IS a SOL tradition as our very own pioneer would testify. Where is he these days by the way? Last I knew he was still striking outside his work place.

nuune   

^^ lool he could hold a SOL logo on a piece of paper with a photo shot then post it here.

Malika,smileys.gif the guy and the girl needs Quraan saar, only after that I can provide advice, which is doing an online-nikaax session, meherkooda ha ahaado markab masago ah iyo mukulaal ukkunteed

Malika   

^:D -Come on Sheikh Khameez, dont be mean.

Ngonge - it seems everyone is an imposter here, especially in the politic section - weird and strange people are there. Our friend has abandoned us by the look of things..Loool

You people will not be seeing a photo of me.

Like, cha, I know I'm clearly hot as. But you will all have to keep imagining what I look like behind the screen.

Ibtisam   

SalamAlikum;

Why don’t you just find another girl who is cool with what you are and whose family is easy going and happy to adopt a son or a girl who is strong enough to say, this is what I want, so deal with it.

I don’t see the point of YOU fighting her battle with her family; she should've known her family's position and if she was not going to be stubborn about her choice and insistent on it then she should never have started this relationship.

With that said, chances are her family will say yes and make you learn broke Somali and if you are a nice person they will warm to you in no time- if you are not a nice person they will all be quick to tell her we told you to marry someone known with a known family. :D

May Allah give you that which has khyire for you- pray your istikhara.

Aaliyyah   

Brother CD, why do you think it doesn't make sense that they want to have you over? they simply said no because of what they heard of your family being non muslims and you being a revert (many people dnt fully trust a revert right away and think that who knows maybe down the road that person will go back to their original religion).

With that been said, there is still room for u to change her family's mind alhamdulilah that they want to have you over and give you the benefit of the doubt I doubt my parents would do that lol so count yourself lucky and stop complaining... this is ur time to shine ie show them that you are a good man who is worth it...and this is not just somalis its across cultures most families regardless of ethnicity discourage their kids from marrying into other races, and that doesn't mean that a revert is worse than a Somali guy in this case its just a general belief to stick with their own ethnicity. so make the best out of the situation and make the family see that you are more than your skin color....and this remind me of the movie "our family wedding" the funniest part being when the grandmother who was so excited for her latino grandaughter's wedding faints at the sight of a black man..looool.. best of luck !]

edit - I read the all the posts now and I see that u kept emphasizing that her family has no problem with yur race but rather that you have a non muslim family. All I can say is it is still your chance to show them that you are a muslim and a man who will take care of their daughter and that your family doesn't define you...but somalis dnt marry a person they marry into the family (even if a somali man comes for their daughter's hand whose family doesnt practice religion they are still a bit negative abt it..a while back one of my cousins wanted to marry this brother and his whole family was not practicing the deen and the family was dead against it..so I can understand where the family is coming from. Inshallah give it a shot and if it doesnt work out then allah swt will have in store for you for something better. Put your faith in Allah swt...allah ma3ak! (May Allah be with you)

salaam

Beyond the lack of sensitivity or irrationality of commoners, it is natural to feel cautious about non-muslim or too different a family one want their daughter/son to marry into (islamically, physical proximity to believers rather than non-believers is critical too).

You can try and gain credit by presenting your plans to make hijrah into a Muslim country, if you have them of course (ideally, close to your in-laws).

All the best and don't make it a life or death issue, this is a recurrent theme...

bilan   

I just do not understand why people want to marry someone whose family do not want them, there are plenty of girls whose family will accept you, I do not see why they have to care so much about your family if they see you as a nice person, in my opinion this is just an excuse, they do not want to say on your face that they do not want you.

PS I know a girl who was going to marry a revert her family said no, they gave her their reasons and she accepted them, she did not want to marry someone her mother was not happy with, she went on vacation few months ago to somewhere in Africa and decided not to come back, as far as I know the guy does not know that she is not coming back, for your own sake I hope you are not that man.

Ibtisam   

^^^^^LOOOOOOOL bilan that is beyond heartless and waad qarxisey! lol walahi thats sad, he might be better off after the intial shock wares off.

Why bombard us with this sh1t i ask? SOL isn’t an agony aunt corner-anyhow grow a pair and get on with it. p.s if she wanted your sorry self she would have married you by now. P.s.s your not being rejected for being a convert, the truth is your not somali and that is a fact of life, so live with it.

Kii soo Muslimaba gabar Soomaali kusoo boodooyaa. Gabdhaha Soomaalida kaligood maa Muslinimo lagu sheegay bas? Wah.

She even told me about dreams she has had about marrying a Muslim revert brother (not goals, actual sleep style dreams. A recurring dream at that), and that she has a definite preference for a revert brother herself.

shakehead.gif

Ms MoOns   

If it is meant to be, you'll end up together insha Allah kheyr.

If not, you will soon find out, and there is nothing much to it than accepting it, and move on.

Have some faith in yourself and Allah (swt) brother.

I wish you all the luck.