Sign in to follow this  
Br CD0000

Revert Br, Somalian Sr.

if you know your parents will totally freak out for bringing home a non-Somali, it's probably not a good idea to search for one online.

LooooooooooooooooL

@5 - Thanks.

But what I find annoying is that you obviously only just read this thread and it's clear you haven't even looked at recent entries. I haven't been rejected (in fact, they have made it public to family and friends they've accepted me), and I have been embraced.

Annoying? Self confident? And...? While we're at criticising one another, while I have nothing against you as I don't know you (nor do you know me) I find you to be annoying, holier than thou, quick to judge (a book by it's cover: being my online handle, that is.) and a little daft, based on what your post has made public to all of us. :)

You're welcome.

Actually I read every single one of them. That's why I said you're not the first to be rejected nor embraced. Also I didn't say you were annoying, I said you come across annoying, which, believe it or not, is not the same thing. And you're calling me daft...? :) Not that I mind it, or am insulted by it - as Ngonge says: "it's only words on a screen, words on a screen!"

I wish you and your fiancee the best of luck, iA. I actually have a sibling who's married to a revert. The kids are pretty, mA.

Aaliyyah   

lol@ the kids are pretty..haa walahi intaas uun ku jeclahay revert, laakin nafteeda lama rabeen qof somali aheen. But, I agree the kids are adorable.

inshallah I pray for all those who are married to reverts or ppl from other races. It is not easy! bt inshallah khyr!

I once told my ayeeyo as a teenager that I would marry a revert, and she told me "niman somaliyeed miya aduunka ka dhamaday?" wise words! marka maalintay ka dhamadaan maybe ill settle for a revert..otherwise maxa igu khasbaya..lol

You know, to be honest, I don't think my sibling could've gotten a better spouse. So I wouldn't necessarily use the word "settle". They've been married for 8 years and going strong, whilst 2 of my other siblings have divorced from Somali spouses after only a few years of marriage. Marka waxaan abaa waa calaf. Don't degrade a Muslim being by using the word "settle". I'd understand if the case was an alchoholic or drug addict, but a perfectly practising Muslim? C'mon, sister :)

Having said that, I prefer Somalis too.

Aaliyyah   

^^lol yeah thats what I meant settle that I prefer Somalis I wasn't degrading them in anyway ....and im really happy for your sibling....and my heart goes out to ur other siblings who are divorced...I hate that (Referring to divorcing).....especially in our community it is beginning to be the norm nowadays sadly!..

salaam