Sign in to follow this  
Br CD0000

Revert Br, Somalian Sr.

I'm sorry, I have not read the responses here, but I wanted to post a quick reply because this post kinda hits home (not my experience but a very close friend's).

If it doesn't work out buddy, just let it go. Don't make her choose. Because if she chooses you against her families wishes, maybe you guys inshallah will be happpy and stay together til death. But what if, like 50% of marriages, it doesn't work out? Who is she going to run home to?

It's not worth it.

My friend is still paying for her decision years later and it's not something I would wish upon anyone.

Good luck and remember - there is no such thing as a soulmate. Dust yourself off and try again.

Bashiir   

Boom Boom;705178 wrote:
Why in the world would any one who is not Somali want to marry a Somali? Do you understand that you're marrying the worst and savage culture in the world. Save your future kids the embarrassment of being half pirate, half terrorist, half criminal and half welfare scumbag in the world.

The only people who would marry into this cursed ethnic group are those from it and are forced to.

Boom are you alright? ,,,

Aaliyyah   

Parents met me.

They like me.

Khalas, it just took meeting once.

see all it took for you was to show them that you are a decent brother and worthy of marrying their precious daughter. Alhamdulilah, I am really happy for you. Wishing you the best!

Pucca   

Pucca....Long time, horta assalamu calaykum dheh

assalamu calaykum che...how have you been huuno?

lol pucca run baa sheegtay ilaa xad yet a lil harsh
:P
..but yeah I guess as much as the truth hurts trust takes years..anyhw missy how are u ..I havent seen u in Sol for like ages! I actually missed reading ur posts!..

i've been good huuno, how have you been?, na heedheh, we live in the same city...why havent i ever met you? this matter needs fixing, check your inbox shortly.

1. I have been Muslim for YEARS. Several years. Convert does not mean 'New Muslim'. First assumption.

2. Who on Earth are you to judge my Emaan?

3. I have nothing against marrying a convert, but why keep looking when I've found someone I'm interested in mutually? And there's zero reason for the whole thing not to go ahead, speaking from a reasonable and Islamic perspective. (Please guys, don't be annoyed by this.)

4. A Muslim is a Muslim. Muslim first, nationality/culture wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy later, if at all. Nationalism is haraam, some people really need to get their priorities straight. I'm your brother, not your "brother" in Islam. Respect that, or duct tape your mouth from fear of Allah. Simple.

5. What's done, is done. And why are you assuming it was me to approach her?*

6. I have never expected 'Oohs' or 'Aahs' at being a convert, in fact, when people think it's right to give me "MashaAllah! MashaAllah!" and act like I'm so good, I feel sick to my stomach. I hate such attention. But again, you assume I'm some kind of egomaniac...I guess any non-Somali intent on in 'taking a beautiful Somali woman' (refer to Jacphers post on page one) must be a terrible person.

7. I don't feel I can have 'any born Muslim girl', but convert/born Muslim is irrelevant. The fact of the matter is, this sister wants to marry me. This is a fact, and I want to marry her as well.

8. I'm not *****ing and moaning about being a convert no one wants, even if I was told recently by someone very respected in the community to expect such (he also called attitudes like those rampant on this forum 'diseases of the heart', and he's right. Go back and read what you guys have written.)

9. I worry for the Ummah, a lot. I hope none of you profess any kind of Islamic expertise.

10. Converts have our own community? Really? So it's okay for this kind of segregation in the Muslim community? Instead of sitting here posting nonsense, I do believe it'd benefit you to read ONE book, go to ONE class, or talk to ONE Sheikh in regards to this topic. Last time I checked, the Muslim Ummah was meant to be a united Ummah. No wonder we're in such disarray right now. Your opinion is the problem, sending us further from the solution.

*It seems like all anyone on this forum has assumed everything about the story, and even at times ignored anything I've said before responding.

Now, please, can someone with basic skills in comprehention read this thread? It'd be a Godsend. Honestly would be.

1. Mashallah, that’s good for you. Really, it is. Perhaps next time you introduce yourself as being the “new convert on the block” you should add a few sentences about how long you have been in the deen. Would definitely curb any and all assumptions.

2. Me? Judge you? Never! Heavens, judging your iman is so not the sort of the thing I would ever think to do. That is a matter between you and Allah.

3. Why keep looking you ask? Well I could give a number of reasons but how bout I just give you? Cool? Okay…the family does not accept you and you are only creating problems between the girl and her family. Be a good muslim and don’t break up a good family.

4. Whoa, did you just say nationalism is haram? Did you just take on the rule of law maker here and just make something HARAM? Where’s your proof? Correct me if i’m wrong but did Allah not clearly say that he has made us into nations? So if he has created us into nations, why then would it be haram for us to claim the nation we belong to? Do take a minute to do some quick thinking before you make that which is not haram, haram. And its never a good idea to play god. Never. And let me correct you here, you are my brother in ISLAM. Alhamdulilah I have plenty of blood brothers and those are the men I call my brothers.

5. Now aint that just a real shocker, are you saying SHE approached you? Heavens! I never was a fan of this whole new era for women thing…but really, do keep from puffing out your chest as if you have won some great thing. A miracle it seems happens at unexpected times…or perhaps its insanity and not a miracle at all. But anyway, good for you.

6. Did you just call Jacphers a ‘terrible person’? are you not passing judgements now? Even insulting the person? I really do not like people who accuse me of something they themselves do.

7. You should have known there might be problems when you set out on this path.

8. From all the posts you’ve written, pardon me for saying this but they sound like you are doing a whole lot of moaning and complaining.

9. You worry for the ummah? Why? And are you yet again passing judgement? Hypocrisy is a serious offence in Islam oh-brother-of-mine-in-Islam.

10. Let’s not get in over ourselves here, I didn’t just tell you to create your own community of fellow converts or that said group of people should be cast out and forced to form their own community. And honestly, if my posts are such nonsense …pray tell me what your posts are like?

Do not question my comprehension skills or my intelligence.

Now be a good brother in Islam and be less judgmental and do not expect things to go your way simply because you want them to. somali men have difficulties marrying their own fellow somali sisters....what makes you think the process would be easy for you, a complete stranger!? sheeko.

Juxa   

Pucca in the house, say it as it is, khlaas!

my personal opinion is somali-guys rock, so i say waa iyaga, 'THEM' anytime and everytime.

maasha allah dheh

Pucca   

juxa! how are you huuno?

aaliyyah, ee heedheh..it seems i cant pm you so how bout you save me the trouble of trying to do the impossible and send me a pm of just where in the city you've been hiding in. sounds good? awesome.

Pucca, I think you need to reread this thread.

You've missed/ignored a lot.

You've also brought up a post from before the apology, post-apology and made some very clear errors in comprehending it (I didn't call anyone a terrible person, for starters).

I have nothig against anyone here, just to make that clear. And I hope no one here has anything against me. There have been some very strong words thrown from either side. Can we please just say khalas and move on?

The update now is, despite things that were said before, there's been a lot of acceptance on both sides between me and this whole family.

The sister and I couldn't ask for things to be going any better. Alhamdulillah.

It was all just fear from their side (and mine). I guess her parents, and myself let our heads spin a bit out of control for a while there just before our encouter. But, honestly, I love them to death now, they've been nothing but great to me ever since mashaAllah. Her father and I have really began a great friendship. :D