Sign in to follow this  
Br CD0000

Revert Br, Somalian Sr.

Don't be a stickler for religion? Well, that pretty much sums up your attitude towards the deen and explains your utter disreagrd to all that Islam teaches us on this issue. Why are you even responding to this thread?

Culture first, deen somewhere after that. It was obvious from the second you started posting. May Allah guide you and us all.

Pissed by you? I'm not pissed by anyone here, I'm pissed at what's been written by people who claim to be Muslim brothers and sisters, actively supporting contempoary PROBLEMS in the Muslim world.

I can tell you now, this sister has told me straight out she has little interest in culture, and that's good. She is Muslim first alhamdulillah. I won't isolate her from the halal, but will from the haraam as I expect her to for me. Like practising people inshaAllah.

I have asked someone with authority, just yesterday. Who said "AstaghfiruAllah" in response to attitudes on this forum I told him of. That was his first word, though people have indeed disputed that there has to be an Islamic reason for rejection, amongst Muslims.

You skipped many posts? I got from you, and many others, the second I realised you have no clue what you are talking about. I'm not as ****** as many here seem to think.

Jacpher   

The more you fuss and moan about this girl and Somalis, the more I tend you agree with Ngonge. Go away you imposter. A real convert won't be such a drama queen. Go away imposter. And for the last time, stop telling us you could marry this girl in accordance with the deen without her parents acceptance.

Jacpher;703771 wrote:
The more you fuss and moan about this girl and Somalis, the more I tend you agree with Ngonge. Go away you imposter. A real convert won't be such a drama queen. Go away imposter. And for the last time, stop telling us you could marry this girl in accordance with the deen without her parents acceptance.

I apologise (Well, actually I don't.) for posting the authentic Islamic position. It clearly offends you.

Don't like what I have to say, don't read it. Simpler that it sounds, really.

Drama queen? How? Looking for advice?

Alright, I'll accept that?

Imposter? Pretty comical! You essentially make takfeer in your post, and call me an imposter ('convert') Muslim. AstaghfiruAllah. The irony is absolutely delicious. (That is, you calling me an imposted but outwardly, actively and seemingly proudly going against Islamic teachings, that is.)

Funny kid. Again, still eagerly awaiting your daleel. As Muslims, authenticity in positions is a fardh, just some advice.

^No need for name-calling or are you one of over-enthusiastic and over-zealous converts? Take down a notch!

So if you are both happy and people who actually know and understand the religion says OK, what's problem? I think you are indecisive and the family is convenient scapegoat for you.

Say Bismillah, calm down and I still recommend you to Nur!

I'm fully decisive. How many more assumptions do you need to make?

The fact that I posted this thread should go to show I'm fully decisive and if the family were a scapegoat, I would have said 'see ya later' already, I also would not have spoken to a Sheikh about the issue. Still skipping posts?

Over zealous converts, 'stickler for the religion'. Am I expected to apologise that my deen is my way of life, all of a sudden? Just, wow.

Name calling? I was called an imposter...I don't remember calling Jacpher anything, though I do remember writing a summary on his attitude, based on what he's shown us and never denied...

Oh, he also called me a 'drama queen'.

Che -Guevara;703775 wrote:
Say Bismillah, calm down and I still recommend you to Nur!

Oh, I am going to Nur inshaAllah. :)

JazakhAllahu kheyr.

Are you saying your deen is the ONLY right way?

By way, since you are following the deen to the letter, I don't think a Muslim should react like you did!

Che -Guevara;703780 wrote:
Are you saying your deen is the ONLY right way?

By way, since you are following the deen to the letter, I don't think a Muslim should react like you did!

How did I react?

By responding?

Whoops?

When did I claim to follow the deen to the letter? I'd like to say so, but I never did. That's not my place to assess, I try and would love to say I do but of course I cannot. But no matter how good we are there's always room for improvement.

I'm saying THE Deen is the only right way. Correct.

Jacpher   

CHE: He's gonna accuse you of making takfeer statement if you say 'convert' instead of 'revert'. Playing with English words. :D

Look my friend. I didn't ask you to apologize but I asked you to get real or go away. What you asked us is not 'authentic Islamic position' at all. It's an opinion and you got it however positive or negative. We went beyond that and told you you embracing Islam is not guarantee license to marry Somali girl.

Jacpher;703782 wrote:
CHE: He's gonna accuse you of making takfeer statement if you say 'convert' instead of 'revert'. Playing with English words.
:D

Look my friend. I didn't ask you to apologize but I asked you to get real or go away. What you asked us is not 'authentic Islamic position' at all. It's an opinion and you got it however positive or negative. We went beyond that and told you you embracing Islam is not guarantee license to marry Somali girl.

So basically you worded my posts as convenient for your position? Fair enough, I think?

I never said it was a guarenteed license. I embraced Islam many years before even considering marriage as an option. I'm ready, this sister's ready, we're Muslim, we both wish to get married to one another. In accordance to our deen, there's nothing wrong with it. In fact, it's a good thing for both of us. So where is any kind of issue here? Besides that of nationalism, racism or cultural toying?

You say 'get real' to my view, well I not only say 'get real' to yours, but also 'wake up'.

I didn't accuse you of takfeer for saying convert either, I don't mind either way. Not fussed at all.

You called me an 'imposter convert'. That is where the warning to be careful of making takfeer on someone came from, why must you twist things like that? I mean, if anyone is playing with words here, by omission at least, it's you. Go back and read it. Everyone can see what you wrote.

Br CDOOO...I think for one you are paraded us instead of calmly telling us where we have erred.

"I'm saying THE Deen is the only right way. Correct."

We can agree on that in principle.

Jacpher...I'm AS supporter, I doubt he could get away with that.

Take it easy CD. You're being needled because you're responding to the needling. As you've said, you've sought religious opinion and you're gonna take another crack at the parents. Alright then. What's the problem? If it's the general Somali opinion you see here, you ought to know we can be pretty racist to Non-Somalis. If you marry into the community this is something you'll be facing at some point if not most of the time. You need to get used to it and stop getting hot under the collar. Somalis are not the only culturalists, most Muslim societies are whether we like it or not.