Sign in to follow this  
Br CD0000

Revert Br, Somalian Sr.

Aaliyyah   

lol pucca run baa sheegtay ilaa xad yet a lil harsh :P..but yeah I guess as much as the truth hurts trust takes years..anyhw missy how are u ..I havent seen u in Sol for like ages! I actually missed reading ur posts!..

Pucca;703657 wrote:
i get a headache every time i hear the old "parents say no cuz im a convert"...honestly, why dont converts marry converts? aint there a community of them out there? I mean its all good and mashallah that they've accepted islam but lets be honest, you don't a person...you marry a family. And they dont like you, ka soco...plenty of women out there. I'm not anti converts, but all these men who convert and suddenly think they can have any practicing since birth sister is just bloody annoying. dude, go build your iman and after YEARS of being a muslim....then maybe you can be accepted. lakiin a muslim for a month and i want to get married? sheeko...start fasting baan ku iri.

ps. you should have asked the father permission to speak to his daughter first...woulda saved you plenty of time.

1. I have been Muslim for YEARS. Several years. Convert does not mean 'New Muslim'. First assumption.

2. Who on Earth are you to judge my Emaan?

3. I have nothing against marrying a convert, but why keep looking when I've found someone I'm interested in mutually? And there's zero reason for the whole thing not to go ahead, speaking from a reasonable and Islamic perspective. (Please guys, don't be annoyed by this.)

4. A Muslim is a Muslim. Muslim first, nationality/culture wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy later, if at all. Nationalism is haraam, some people really need to get their priorities straight. I'm your brother, not your "brother" in Islam. Respect that, or duct tape your mouth from fear of Allah. Simple.

5. What's done, is done. And why are you assuming it was me to approach her?*

6. I have never expected 'Oohs' or 'Aahs' at being a convert, in fact, when people think it's right to give me "MashaAllah! MashaAllah!" and act like I'm so good, I feel sick to my stomach. I hate such attention. But again, you assume I'm some kind of egomaniac...I guess any non-Somali intent on in 'taking a beautiful Somali woman' (refer to Jacphers post on page one) must be a terrible person.

7. I don't feel I can have 'any born Muslim girl', but convert/born Muslim is irrelevant. The fact of the matter is, this sister wants to marry me. This is a fact, and I want to marry her as well.

8. I'm not *****ing and moaning about being a convert no one wants, even if I was told recently by someone very respected in the community to expect such (he also called attitudes like those rampant on this forum 'diseases of the heart', and he's right. Go back and read what you guys have written.)

9. I worry for the Ummah, a lot. I hope none of you profess any kind of Islamic expertise.

10. Converts have our own community? Really? So it's okay for this kind of segregation in the Muslim community? Instead of sitting here posting nonsense, I do believe it'd benefit you to read ONE book, go to ONE class, or talk to ONE Sheikh in regards to this topic. Last time I checked, the Muslim Ummah was meant to be a united Ummah. No wonder we're in such disarray right now. Your opinion is the problem, sending us further from the solution.

*It seems like all anyone on this forum has assumed everything about the story, and even at times ignored anything I've said before responding.

Now, please, can someone with basic skills in comprehention read this thread? It'd be a Godsend. Honestly would be.

Malika;703724 wrote:
Subhanallah, some of the responses here are just down right wrong - absolutely shocking!

So much anger in people, its blinding their logic.

Subhanallah.

May Allah protect you, sister. Ameen.

These people need some serious naseeha elbow grease.

Glad to see a voice of reason here, though.

"Okay, okay, okay!

I'm not Somali.

But I'm still cool, right?"

Maybe your signature is what's annoying. I hope this wasn't on your forehead when you approached her folks.

Aaliyah....Alla hakula garab galo.

No, that was for this forum purely so people know what to expect from me.

I love how you've just given up on relevant dialogue here. Really.

Guys, five pages later and I'm still waiting for even an iota of daleel. At this point I'll even partially willing to accept weak daleel...I guess daleel doesn't matter when you're speaking from a totally secular and cultural view point, though.

Che -Guevara;703767 wrote:
^I think you came to the wrong place?

I think you're a bit late to the party...

Post #37:

"So many ridiculous replies, from people who seemingly know nothing about human relations...Very sad state of affairs indeed.

Have fun sucking at life you guys, I'm logging out. :)

I was looking for intelligent life on the internet. But how underwhelming this experience was... "

Post #52:

"I probably should have known better than to try and participate in a cultural forum to begin with, when looking for practical religious advice."

Surely there's a Spam/General Chat thread somewhere for your banter, Che (among others).

Why polute this one? From memory there's been two posters who actually gave decent answers, with care for the Deen. Even if their answers were no longer than two sentences.

^I was lured by something else and skipped many posts. Well, look at this way, at-least you know and understand somethings about Somalis :)

If you want a serious advice, go to the Islamic Section and Brother Nur will give you some guidance or ask someone with some authority on Islam.

N word of advice, if you are pissed by us, you probably don't wanna marry into Somali family unless you intend to isolate her from everything that's Somali and don't be such stickler about religion.