Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

All Somali's should support the TFG in its war against Godane's Al Shabaab..

NGONGE   

Duke, I didn't think your topic was about SSC or Somaliland. I thought it was about ALL Somalis supporting the TFG in its war. So, what does the Imam say about that? Ha baxbaxsan adeer, answer the question. :D

^^^lol. The topic is simple, the Somali people must unite with the TFG against the evil Godane and his gang. This is my position as a Somali national, why secessionists are getting all hot and bothered about this issue, and injecting themselves and their loathing for stability in the South is the relevant question which you must answer.

Somalina   

Liqaye;701002 wrote:
^^^

And that is the nub of the issue, when Somalis say a bad government is better than a poor government, it is because a poor government either through very small incremental steps can be improved such as in Kenya from a full blown kleptocratic and dictatorial government in 1992 to a new enlightened constitution in 2010, even in the absence of political development, an environment of security and governmental investment can change the largest slum area in the world to an example of a model city development project in africa i.e Addis Abbaba [tell me that city is not an improvement from the first time I saw it in 1995].

Indeed even the TFG has evolved from a warlord based bloated government in 2004 to a slim technocratic apparatus today I.A in august 2010 we will get another capable technocrat as president.

Or it can be improved with a short sharp shock in terms or revolution even in the most stagnant[Egypt], dictatorial[Tunisia] and divided societies[Lebanon].

But nothing of the sort can happen with al-shabaab, this are just emissaries of jahiliya and cruelty, meting out on Somalis something worse than anything they have ever seen, namely the squashing of dissent, even during the worst war lord years one could stand on the streets of galkacayo and abuse Yusuf yeey or Caydiid at will, and your tongue would not be cut out of your head [if you are lucky enough to keep your head].

Indeed no one parliamentarian in the TFG or in the garowe assembly or in Hargeisa's guurti has ever been shot or family killed for opposing state policy or personalities, the exactly opposite of the reign of abject terror al-shabaab have been practicing now and in the Future.

Ibtisam respectfully sometimes it is a good thing to realize when the situation has moved on from benevolent neutrality, when it moves on from prudence or farsightedness to just pure cowardice to be sitting on a fence when it is stained with blood.

For me your views in this day and age are just fifth columnist rumbling akin to when people ask " did AS really bomb hotel shamo?".

The honest thing is that bad government will and can be improved, and AS will only improve you permanently by giving you a one way ticket to heaven.

P.S I do not mean you personally are a fifth columnist just mean you are putting you as deep in danger as reverend neimoller.

Well put.

Liqaye   

*Ibtisam;701247 wrote:
With respect my dear I am not sitting on the fence, but here is what you and GD asked us to pick from;

1- Al-Shabab: A bunch of kids who are uncompromisingly blood-thirsty with guns and ability to play ghost and melt into the crowd if things get hot, in the process killing and taking everyone down with them in their quest for power.

2- TFG: A politically weak and inept entity which has existed a number of years without any impact, a contributor to the mess and most importantly led by a former Jihadist- the father of Al shabab who is now the puppet of Eithos- The same people we didn’t want in the country as far back as Abdililah Yusuf. The same people who were in here calling the TFG gaalo for inviting foreign troops are now heading the TFG with the same foreign troops and asking for more. How can anyone have faith in that, in him, in the organisation he leads, in foreign troops? How can we accept it from HIM when we rejected it from Abdililah Yusuf? TFG is accountable because they are THE government, but how can people have confidence in former warlords and Jihadist backed by foreign troops? IT shows at once again a desperate man trying to hold on to power and extend his term. It is no coincides this push is coming now, and at the expense of Somali people, the civilians and those too weak to leave the city.

Al shabab is evil, no doubt about that and they have distorted the teaching of Islam for their own gain, but so has Sharif, they are both after power, whatever the cost.

So please don’t patronize me and try to paint one with the bright brush. I understand why Duke feels the need to support TFG after all it would be hypocritical of him not be a supporter now as he was in 2009, laakin I am venomously against any foreign intervention and I believe the more and longer foreign troops pour into Somalia, the bigger support Al shabab will receive both from the young Somalis and outsiders to resist
the invaders.
Without the Ethiopians and foreign troops Al shabab have no relevance or support; with them in the country and a pitiful alternative that is TGF, they have nationalize and fighting invaders to cling on to justify their case. TFG will never win, Al shabab will melt into the background only to resurface again once the push subsides- the country cannot be kept on emergency lock down with foreign military forever.

So tell me now what is the use in backing TFG, when I know as well as I know my own name that TFG will once again be chased back to the 5km they use to control taking casualties that exceed that of the hotel and students, if people died one at a time by a bullet, does it make their death any less important, far more people died in the recent bombing and push than in the hotel.

So you go and support the TFG, put your faith and your keyboard and your voice behind them, I am going to support something worth supporting when I see that alternative, but for now I am with the people and the civilians and I will do what I can for them.

Hayee thank you for the civil tone of your response.

We agree it would seem and I would assume amongst the midst of the many prevarications in your post, that al-shabaab is not an alternative! You say they are evil and violent and malicious and small minded and beyond placing Somalia in a medieval cul de sac in ideas as well as society, fragmenting into even smaller and more inept bantustans.

So fundamentally they are not the answer.

Walashiis when it comes to the TFG and the morass of hypocrisy it is infected with we are in agreement, if you might have noticed the gist of my postings they are against al-shabaab and consequently in support of the TFG not the other way around.

The problem with so many on this boards is there urge to fight yesterdays wars, and spew out yesterdays calumnies, we know what Sheikh Sharif is, as well as so many other hypcorites that coalesced around him such as Sheikh Janaqow et al, and frankly these somalis whose opinion you seem to be so in confident sync with do not care anymore, these mens venality pales in comparison with the clear, nonsensical and endless violence and slaughter of al-shabaab.

To those actually on the ground this decision to support the lesser evil that you have the luxury of avoiding has already been done.

To digress for a moment, I would like to clear up some points that it is obvious you are repeating with out be sure of, namely the military push happened now because this was the only time in the past year and a half that the proper convergence of military, financial and logistical support has happened, both in the number of AMISOM troop as well as TFG troop numbers as well as financing being provided to the TFG, and the creation of an improved civil service.

As for whether the TFG will be chased back to 5km of the their headquaters in mogadishu.... by whom? a Financially strapped, ideologically bankrupt organisation?

The TFG might yet snatch defeat from the jaws of victory lakiin so what is your suggestion/s to avoid that happening? I assure you, your views will only be aired in TFG controlled areas and not vice versa.

The premise of 2006 that foreign intervention will increase support for al-shabaab is SO SO wrong ibtisam, fadlan ask some one walaal nobody gives a damn about them in somalia anymore, people would support gog and magog, if it would get them out.

And that is why you are wrong.

So no need to go around in circles we will come back to this point soon enough.

P.S and if you think being with "the people and civilians" is what you are doing, then very tentatively and respectfully you are putting the cart before the donkey.

P.P.S since your implications is that voice and keyboard is all we are putting behind the TFG, and by extension not the "People" ask and I will extend privately in your inbox. all the information you need on what Liqaye is doing to help beyond voice and keyboard the people or TFG, but with the addendum that you must do the same.

[pardon for my disjointed answer I was in a rush].

ANWAR   

Liqaye;701361 wrote:
The premise of 2006 that foreign intervention will increase support for al-shabaab is SO SO wrong ibtisam, fadlan ask some one walaal nobody gives a damn about them in somalia anymore, people would support gog and magog, if it would get them out.

And that is why you are wrong.

So no need to go around in circles we will come back to this point soon enough.

[pardon for my disjointed answer I was in a rush].

I agree 100% It was just as if, I writing it myself

The secessionists are always on the wrong side of Somali history... Like in 1960 when there was a union, one flag and one capita. Till today there is only one Somalia, and an unrecognised "Somaliland" now run by a blood thirsty warlord.

General Duke;701304 wrote:
^^^Better Imaam Faroole, than Warlord
"I will invade Cayn"
Siilanyu..
:D

Stop crying about it. Man up, brings your gun out and face the Man.

Ps. And this other stuff about working together you're on- take a hike, ain't no one is willing to work with you garowe.

Bashiir   

Mad_Mullah;701324 wrote:
You're all a bunch of Qabeelists.

XX: Somaliland = your tribe, SSC = Are not.

Gen Duke: SSC = Your tribe = Somaliland is not

Lol. Sheekh waalan.....

The people from southern Somalia and those from Somaliland have evolved, with different thinking. The people of Somaliland voice their opinions and wishes through the ballet box and only those they have voted for can represent them. Those from Somaliland who choose to earn their living in the south do not represent the people of Somaliland and we are not responsible for anything they do, negative or positive. The primitive mindset of southerners is to support any warlord that shares qabil with them, we dont think like this. Riyaale was not of the majority qabil and he represented all Somaliland tribes not just his.

as for SSC that Siilanyos home constituency.lol