Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

All Somali's should support the TFG in its war against Godane's Al Shabaab..

Its time we set aside our differences in the face of a common enemy. Al Shabaab have failed in compromising and like the ****** before them exhibited a near vampire thirst for blood. Somali blood that is. They have brought security but turned Somalia into the safe house for terrorists everywhere.

There demise is both eminent and a good thing. However there needs to be a clear plan from Farmaajo and his cabinet in the aftermath of their defeat.

There should be no return and reward for the Warlords of old. A strong military presence in the major cities of the south and the training of a new generation of security personal.

Sharif/Farmaajo have made a bold move thus far and they should be commended for it.

Somalina   

There should be no return and reward for the Warlords of old. A strong military presence in the major cities of the south and the training of a new generation of security personal.

Sharif/Farmaajo have made a bold move thus far and they should be commended for it.

I agree GD!

Jacpher   

All Somalis would have embraced if and only if TFG didn't exist in name and weren't pocketing the little aid the country gets. Unconfirmed reports of one dead man isn't gonna get people cheering for TFG. They should try a bit harder.

ANWAR   

^^how do you sleep at night knowing that your country has not had a well functioning government for over 20 years???

Complete   

Let's not kid ourselves here. The Transitional Federal Government is nothing but a phony puppet government established in a neighboring country, outside of which the country they somehow want to take control of but have a difficult time controlling a 5 mile radius outside of the Presidential Palace let alone run an entire God forsaken country. Not to mention the fact that they're made up of criminals, warlords turned politicians over night and individuals who are not for the best interest of the people. I will definitely not allow myself to support such "government". This is not to say that I support the Al Shabaab. That I sure hell don't. You can't really encounter an evil with an evil and hope to get something right.

Once I see a government of the people, by the people and most definitely for the people will I then support it full heartily without a doubt against any group who intends to harm the citizens of the country. And I pray to Allah that I live to see that day come iA.

^^^You are spot on. But is it not time that we worked with whats there and used our energy to reform it? The Al Shabaab group are no alternative to governance.

What’s truly sad is the breathtaking ignorance and arrogance of these secessionists. To think that they truly believe in their own lies, they forget the war between Egaal & Tuur in this period that was as devastating as any that took place in the whole of Somalia.

They also forget the role Omar Arteh played in the Aydeed vs Ali Mahdi clan clashes. Now we have an armed militia led by Godane & Afghani and with many young and deluded Northern fighters dying in the battlefields of the South. Lets alos not forget the battles in Cayn involving clans from Hargaysa-Burco against those from LA-Buhudle. No my brothers for 20 years you have been part of the overall failure of Somalia and in fact contributed to it greatly.