NGONGE

The SSC Predicament!

Liibaan   

Session Cannot Be Forced On The People of SSC

Resolve Oga den Coalition advocates for the rights of the Somali people in the disputed Og den region of Eastern Ethiopia. As advocates for human rights, we feel it is equally our responsibility to voice our concerns over the inhumane brutality of Somaliland forces that for the last two weeks have carried out extensive military operations in the regions of Sool, Sanaag, and Cayn (SSC) against a pro-Somali unity movement and the civilian population in those regions. The attempt by the Administration in Hargeisa to suppress the people of SSC by force while claiming to be struggling to achieve independence and secession from Somalia is very hypocritical and politically immature. Situated in northeastern Somalia, Somaliland declared its independence from the rest of Somalia after the fall of the Somali government in 1991. However Somaliland has failed to gain international recognition as a sovereign state.

Nevertheless, news reports from the SSC regions of northwestern Somalia have detailed massive strikes against SSC residents, particularly in the city of Buhodle, where pro-Somali unity forces have carried out military operations against Somaliland forces that have forcefully sought to govern the region.

The Somaliland administration bases its borders on antiquated colonial-era boundaries drawn by the British colonial forces, Italians, and French who partitioned Somali inhabited regions among themselves. Shortly after obtaining independence in 1960, British Somaliland and Italian Somaliland joined together to form the Somali Republic. However, the inhabitants of northwestern Somalia (Sool, Sanaag, and Cayn) desire very much to safeguard Somali unity and have on numerous occasions voiced concern over the forceful division and occupation of the SSC regions by Somaliland forces, who seek to secede from Somalia. The attempt by pro-Somaliland clans to force the other clans that want to stay with their Somali brothers has no legal or moral basis and must be condemned by the rest of the Somali people in Somalia.

As stated in the past, Resolve Og den Coalition advocates for the right to self-determination for the Somalis of the Og den region of eastern Ethiopia. We also strongly advocate for the rights of oppressed people and nations throughout the Horn of Africa. In that same manner we strongly support the universal rights of the Somalis of SSC, which includes the right of assembly, free speech, and the ability of the people of SSC to determine their own destiny. These are human rights, and they cannot be denied through violence or suppression. Furthermore, it must be noted that the forceful expansion into the regions of SSC clearly violates the basic rights of the residents of SSC, who have made it clear that they want no part in Somaliland’s ideology of secession.

The Somaliland administration must recognize that unity through force cannot and will not bring about peace and stability in the region and will certainly not lead to Somaliland recognition. Furthermore, the people of SSC are entitled to their right to remain with the Republic of Somalia. Somaliland is urged to halt its military operations in the region and to adopt peaceful and democratic measures to resolve the conflict in the SSC regions.

Finally, trying to use the Ethiopian card by claiming that people from the Og den are involved in that fight is pathetic, shortsighted, and baseless. Such ill-though utterances will further exacerbate an already murky situation. Therefore, RESOLVE strongly recommends to the Administration in Hargeisa to stop widening the circle of hatred among the Somali people and deal with the issue that is facing it, instead of looking for scapegoats elsewhere. ROC will continue to monitor the situation.

Abdul Ali

External Affairs

Resolve Og den Coalition

Liibaan   

The history of the Blessed and Sacred Land of Sool,Sanaag and Cayn represents the history of Somalis and Muslims.It is a holy land where thousands of Muslim Holy Warriors who fought against British imperialism and colonialism are buried.It is the home of the blessed leaders of the Somali Muslim faithfull,Sayyid Muhammad Abdulla Hassan and Ismail Mire,who waged a a long and protracted holy war against the British invaders and their ***** lackeys and who are honoured by virtue of their faith and belief in Somaliness and refusal to tolerate subjugation and humiliation.

Now we see our brothers and children in blessed land of SSC sacrificing their blood, giving their souls willingly in the way of Allah,to protect their sacred land against the tribal,secessionist enclave of Somaliland. It is illegal to surrender even a hand-span of SSC land to an administration that seeks to divide the land of the Somalis and to humiliate and dishonor the great name of the martyred Dervish soldiers of SSC,and to wipe out their glorious and heroic history of resitance to British colonialism

Allah provides life and death and cognizant of this, the Dervishes would not humble themselves to other creatures. The courageous people of Buuhoodle have been undergoing trials and hardships throughout history and are now undergoing great hardships affecting their persons, wealth, homes and livelihoods.

They are being tested by the worst and most evil of creatures who neither respect kinship nor covenants and who seek recognition,honour and might at the expense of the people of SSC.But they will never attain this because they are a people who will face the wrath of Allah they will be cast down and humiliated if they persist in spilling innocent blood.The people of SSC need to continue their struggle and to equip themselves selves with perseverance and endurance, because they are the foundation and pillars of of Somalihood and the last bastion of Somali Unity.

What is happening to the SSC people represents the worst type of oppression, transgression and tyranny that could happen to any nation. Somaliland covers up its crime under the guise of securing its fictional borders and preserving its make believe statehood.The tyranny of Silanyo manifests itself in the form of invading people’s lands,depopulating and killing the inhabitants,stangling the economic life of the region,closing it from all outside help and now attacking the sacred town of Buuhoodle,the birthplace of the father of the Somali Nation,Sayyid Muhamad Abdullah Hassan. People’s blood on this blessed land is being spilt, people are being murdered and their bodies mutilated.We ask the Almighty to terminate this aggression against Buuhoodle and the Somali identity and give victory to the blessed defenders of the land.

SSC doesnt not belong to Somaliland.It is not the property of Silanyo.

The people of SSC say to you,take your hands off SSC, you don’t represent anyone except yourselves! SSC, the blessed land, is not a property of you or your fathers. The steps taken by Somaliland against the people of Buuhoodle does not represent the interests the people of SSC,their lives and their religion but instead it represents the interests of their colonial masters,who ,as in the days of old,continue to support their lackeys against the freedom fighters of SSC.

The reign of Somaliland in the SSC regions has been marked by the grinding poverty of the people, the invasion of SSC lands by the *****, the crippling of all economic activities in the region,the suppression of basic freedoms,political repressionoo4444 ,the establishment of garrison towns,the imprisonmentand torture of hundreds of civilians and the slow but steady annihilation of a people.But today,the people of SSC have awoken ,their consciousness has stirred. They have begun to the long and bloody struggle to free themselves from the oppression of Somaliland.The forces of freedom are advancing on all fronts and the oppressive forces are retreating in defeat and disarray. The day has come when truth and justice will prevail.

We do not want Somaliland to impose their anti-Somali system of misrule on SSC.Somaliland’s invasion of the sacred lands of SSC defies every principle for which the United Nations stands.The Somaliland law of the jungle cannot be allowed to prevail in SSC.It is the people of SSC who stand on who are on the side of justice, of the rule of law and of freedom and who will choose to write their own history. The people of Buuhoodle themselves are standing up and saying what they want to happen in their region.The security and prosperity of this region can only be guaranteed when the indigenous people of SSC establish their own regional government,under the umbrella of the Somali State to which they belong.

As for Buuhoodle ,the home of the brave,who gave their blood to save Somalia,it will forever remain the symbol of Somali unity.It is the home of all Somali patriots,the bastion of Somalihood.It is the heart and light of Somalia,the soul of Somalis and a beacon of hope,the very essence of Somaliness.All Somalis are obliged to defend this symbol of Somalia,the birthplace of the Dervishes,the home of Somali freedom fighters.

Mohamoud Jama

Ibtisam   

'Liibaan' is bloody troll who copies and pasts the views for people on drugs.!!!!

Val, I feel inaad in misunderstood my point- I didn’t say they would come haadi carrot la siyo, my point is that whatever funding is being used for this security keep, troops and so on can be used to do something useful for that area, like providing sufficient water and minimizing conflict. This will ultimately lead to better relations (well better than wax hada socda.) Aside from that I think you have presented a very good over view.

All in all, force does not work, never has worked and there is nothing more precious than peace and safety. I really think dhaadka iin la iska daaf and la ignore gareyo. Repressing their views and the military presences just aggravates the locals forcing people to take sides in a conflict they would not otherwise care two shids about.

Perhaps if SL succeeds in their project and the incentive is bigger economically and otherwise, you won’t need to bully them into joining you and less people will be sitting on the fence. Ngonge and Co need to work out a better way of getting people off the fence instead of trying to push them off and if they refuse shooting at them or over their heads. Ngonge of all people should understand this sentiment as he use to sit on the fence for so long.

NGONGE   

*Ibtisam;698604 wrote:
Perhaps if SL succeeds in their project and the incentive is bigger economically and otherwise, you won’t need to bully them into joining you and less people will be sitting on the fence.
Ngonge and Co
need to work out a better way of getting people off the fence instead of trying to push them off and if they refuse shooting at them or over their heads.
Ngonge of all people should understand this sentiment as he use to sit on the fence for so long

Dadka ha igu dirin dee. The only force I'm using here is that of my words. When faced with such a situation, one has to ask questions and wander as to the best way of dealing with things. Since I am in support of the SL project I have to try and sell it to others. So, sit back and watch me make Malika squirm as I insist that she weigh up and question the viability of the SSC project. You never know, I may just be the nudge she (and Val) needed to join the struggle and finally write up the blueprint for a better future. On the other hand, my drip, drip, drips of logic may eventually convince them all and get them to sing the SL national anthem (which you'll be happy to find that I don't actually know). :D

Ibtisam   

Loool @ I don’t actually know :eek: I'm surprised Oodewyne did not make you learn it!!! :eek:

I think we in the west are quite detached from the situation and we analysis it as moving blocks or fitting together little puzzles, but the nature of Somali clan conflicts are more complicated than that and not necessarily sustainable to logic or length arguments. Also people who are impacted by this situation don’t necessarily want to sit around and wait for logic.

You are just using words, but your words are defending an army. The same goes for the other side.

NGONGE   

^^ The army thing is happening today and what happens today (unless it's some crazy mass murder) is not my worry dee. I am looking to the future and inviting you and others to do the same too.

By the way, what takes place back home no matter how complicated or fluid it still follows some sort of logic. There are reasons for it and these reasons could either be removed or circumvented. However, just because emotions might be running high (on either side) does not mean that calm discussions shouldn't take place.

Ibtisam   

You are able to look into the future because you have no direct involvement in it, it is not your goats or kids or villages or your house which is subject to curfews or silly farahs with guns mar ba dinic iisu ereyanay, particularly on the back of a severe draught. So yes we have the comfort to look beyond today, but you need to give others (on both sides) the space and safety to look beyond today so that calm discussions and debates can take place. So yes it does follow logic, but the logic is as simple as how can I prolong my life and protect myself today, while the other is how do I protect myself against hit and runs iyo people switching sides as fast as I am breathing.

NGONGE   

^^ That's no argument, Ibti. Even if it were my actual goats or kids that were subject to curfews or whatever it is you're talking about there, I would still expect others to think of the future. Being in a bad situation is no excuse for not planning for the future. Don't get caught up in the emotion of it all dee.

nuune   

I am actually concerned of if Sool, Sanaag, and Ceyn becomes a regional autonomy of their own, then I expect Sanaag & Ceyn to seek breaking away from Sool, we will have 3 autonomous regions with each having functioning government, each competing economically and militarily, not bad, but the final result is brothers fighting against each other, that is my greatest fear, not sure many of you are looking from this angle!!

Ibtisam   

Ngonge, SNM was an emotional response, it was only AFTER they did whatever they set out to do that they sat down to consider the future. It is human nature to consider the future when you certain you will have one worth planning. :cool:

NGONGE   

SNM had it easy when compared to the position SSC finds itself in. Whilst the SNM was fighting one government, the SSC have to fight everybody. If they don't have a future plan, they'll only risk ending up like the Islamic Courts. Wax fahan.

nuune   
Ngonge, how about from this angle: if Puntland & Somaliland leave SSC, then I guess SSC will find no one to fight against, maybe iyagaa is dagaali, which is why my earlier post was a major concern, so according to you, and everyone in greater Somalia will favor the current situation of SSC, that is, having Puntland & Somaliland from every angle, bahasho baro niyahow

NGONGE   

^^ War bahasha cid kale ba kama hadlayso aniga moyaan (hada adaa yara iska la bixiyaay) marka maxaan barta oo ii hadhay? :D

If PL & SL leave SSC alone only god knows what will happen next (dee waa waxan ka hadlayay). If it becomes a Mamul Gobolyeed it will have to create some sort of income out of somewhere to pay their police, civil servants, etc. They'll probably get that from taxes but if these taxes are not as competitive as those of SL & PL then what would stop people (once the dust settles) from choosing to class themselves as part of those entities once more?

Malika   

^Your making the assumption that PL and SL have been funding SSC areas the last two decades - as if their life line is these entitites. These entities started from scratch and so will SSC - Anyways for the time being it is just determining its right to exist as a separate state - Nothing else. It will be foolish to say it will exists without having to interact at some level with its neighbours - after all waxaa laa guu jira globalisation era :D - jokes aside, socio-economical interaction will be inevetable at some point, but meanwhile the quest is to secure its rights to choose and decide where its future is.