NGONGE

The SSC Predicament!

Taleexi;698104 wrote:
Taasi waa waalidiinii oo aan loo cimaamadin. War tolow colka jooja, tani mid isku madhanaysa bay u egtahay.

taleex hadan kugu imado taleexi maadan i casunteen mise waxad odhan wa somalidiid looool

Liibaan   

Taleexi;698121 wrote:
Somalidiid waad tahay balse martida mansabkeedaan marin lahaa.

Somalidiidku waa kasoo qeyb gali karaan (as observers), Casuumada Somaliweyn ee Magaalada Taleex - Xaruuntii iyo Caasimadii Daraawiish State.

Liibaan   

Naxariis Darada Jamhada SNM ay U Geysteen Raacatada kalshaale, Hagoogane Iyo Maygaagle ( Daawo Qayb Kamida Sawirada)

C/weli oo wiil raacato ah waxaa laga helay isagoo geed ku yuurura sida uu sheegayna uu ku xidhnaa sadex habeen iyo labo maalmood waxaana si naxariis daro ah loogu giijiyay xadhig nooca bunjiga ama cayngeriga ah

sida uu war baahinta u sheegay c/weli wuxuu yiri aniga oo geel la jooga ayaan maqlay sanqadh dagaal meel ku dhaw deegaankla hagoogane oo aan geel ku hayay, ka dib waxaa igu soo baxay gaadhi ah nooca beebeega loo yaqaan oo ay saaranyihiin ciidamada SNM (waxay igu dhigeen gacanta waxayna si naxariis daran iila dheceen qori dabadii kadibna waxay isaareen beebeegii iyagoo dusha iigaga fadhiistay kadib waxaa kusoo dhawaaday dagaalkii waxayna qaateen go’aan kaasoo noqday in geed la igu xidho maan garankarayn inay igu soo laaban lahaayeen iyo in kale laakiin waxaa la Ii dhaafiyay iyaga oo dabada lagaga jiro aniguna sidaas ayaan geedkii ugu noqday wehel. yadoo uu dhuuxayga xadhigu kusii durkayo

waxaana ku xidhnaa mudada intaas leeg waxaana igu soo baxay caruur xoolo la joogta subixii sadexaad kuwaasoo ii noqday badbaado. waxaana kuu muuqda waxyeeladii xadhiga la igaga tagay uu ii gaystay anigoo aan waxba galabsan.

Hadaba muuqaalka ka muuqda c/weli waa mid cadaynaya cadaawada ku jirta jabhada SNM ee uu siilaanyo hogaamiyaha ka yahay iyagoo hore u urursaday dad xoolo dhaqato ahoo ay ku sheegeen maxaabiis dagaal.

Wiilka-Dhalinyarada-ah-Ee-Gacmaha-Iyo-Lu

Wiilka-Shalinyarada-Ah-Ee-Cadowga-SNM-Ga

Wiilka-Shalinyarad-Ah-Ee-Cadowga-SNM-Gac

Wiilka-Dhalinyarada-ah-Ee-Cadowga-SNM-Ga

Wiilka-Shalinyarad-Ah-Ee-Cadowga-SNM-Gac

NGONGE   

You know, for the past few days and after listening to the nonsensical wailings of women from Hargeisa and all the way to Garowe in regards to the current dispute, I have to admit that the sexist in me was whispering some unspeakable mischief in my ears and telling me how useless Somali women were. But then Val and Malika (though not to the same extent) come along and shut him totally up.

At any rate, let me first clarify a couple of points to both. Val says that my analysis as to the reasons for this situation were not sufficient enough. I beg to differ of course. At no point did I address the reasons as to why we found ourselves here. My only comments are about what happens next and not what happened in the past. Furthermore, I am actually in FULL agreement with all that Val wrote there (and most of what Malika said). The only thing I would like to attract Val’s attention to is that the administration in SL has changed and that a new government is in place.

Now, if we ignore the hyperbole about land grabbing, Siilaanyo being a warlord or all the other various nonsense and, instead, look at what this government achieved in the six months it has been in power we can clearly see that progress is actually being made. This is not about red carpets in Djibouti or Addis (though the symbolism has its own significance). This is about the increase in the salaries of civil servants, the payment of debts and the undertaking of countless projects. If the argument was about starting as they meant to go on, the facts today show that they started really well.

Yes, the Diaspora and the business people are the ones that kept SL going and the government hardly did anything to improve the lot of its people. However, the changes that took place in the past six months show that this new government is taking an active role in improving things and using the money they receive from taxes or International aid to enhance the economic lives of all.

On the International aid point itself, I would assume that most of it will come with conditions attached. For example, here is an extract from the British department for international development (after the visit of the SL president to the UK and that of the British minister to SL):

British aid is making a real difference to the lives of the people of Somaliland and is helping to increase the progress on development within the region.

In the last year in Somaliland, British aid has helped to get 39,000 more children into primary school; train over 300 nurses and midwives; and provided 11,500 people with short term employment opportunities which has helped to maintain roads, build classrooms and conserve land for farming.

The UK Government is currently reviewing its programme in Somaliland and will seek to build on this progress over the next four years, with increased support to programmes that will boost health, education, employment, governance and security and humanitarian assistance.

Working through partners in close cooperation with the Somaliland authorities, and other donors, these programmes will increase the level of staffing at health facilities by qualified health workers and professionals, from 5% to 40%; provide Measles, Polio and Tetanus vaccinations to over one million women and children; provide access to water and sanitation to over 100,000 people; and increase the number of pregnant women visiting Ante Natal Clinics from 15% to 40%; as well improving access to justice and economic opportunities.

Following a visit to Somaliland this week - the first ever by a British Cabinet Minister - International Development Secretary Andrew Mitchell announced that more must be done to improve conditions for the people on the ground if security is to improve and the country stopped from being a source of threat to the UK.

The forthcoming review of all British aid programmes is expected to conclude that the UK will increase efforts to help those devastated by decades of fighting in Somalia, providing water, emergency nutrition, basic health care and the means to keep livestock alive for up to 500,000 people a year.

Alongside this, action will be taken to offer men and women a longer-term alternative to violence and extremism, with up to 45,000 people helped into jobs and more done to establish stronger communities, more effective local government and rule of law.

This will result in 340,000 more people getting jobs and better services because of British aid over the next four years, in addition to over 500,000 people a year who will benefit from emergency humanitarian assistance.

New measures will target more support at women and girls in a country where one in ten die during childbearing years.

Somalia has been devastated by almost two decades of conflict, with 1.4 million people having fled from their homes and 3.5 million living in extreme poverty.

During his visit, Mitchell also announced that Britain will provide emergency aid in response to ongoing drought in Somalia after seeing first hand the effects of the current crisis.

</O:p

NGONGE   

As you can see, that's simply the projection of one donor regarding the aid they’re providing. Would it be farfetched to assume that others would attach similar conditions? The question, of course, is if the SL authorities follow the plan and not misappropriate these funds. Personally, I believe that, on the whole, they will not dare do so. In addition, and because they want to remain in power and gain recognition! To do so, they realise that they will have to play their cards right and show visible signs of progress. In the end, recognition or not, the SL people (including those in SSC) are bound to benefit from these steps. This is the economic advantage I am speaking about.

On the political front and the whole representation hullaballoo, that will only come with full participation. Now you may disagree and say that clan politics will not allow it but I would strongly disagree with that argument and counter it by stating that because of clan politics the chances of the SSC clan playing a big part in SL politics are much higher than doing so in PL. It is also the reason that Riyaale lasted for eight long years. The clan is everything mantra applies across the board. However, it changes and adjusts according to the arena its being played in. So, in Somali wide politics, the beloved H of the PL & SSC collective comes into play but in PL politics waa la kala baxa and envious talk of the MJ trinity comes into play instead (however, the parts that make up the MJ trinity don’t seem big enough or loud enough to have dreams of being “stand alones” in that entity or demand that power be given to them – this is not a dig on the famous saying about black headed goats by the way). In SL’s case and when the arena is SL politics, the three ladies stand out as clear and definable blocks that would contest power in their own right. The support of an SSC or an Awdal region would tip the balance in one direction or another. An astute politician (such as Riyaale) can (and did) easily win the presidency by playing on, taking advantage of and employing such a power struggle to fulfill his own needs. When all three parties (or any new that may be formed) need all the support they can get, marginalisation becomes a luxury that nobody can afford. All that is needed are able politicians that can spot and make use of opportunities.

Taleexi, rag reer SL oo dagaalka iyo muranka jecel meeshani way ka buuxan, saaxib. Markay cadha yar ku qabsato kuwaa ku ciil bax. Anigu nabaddoon ban ahay nin weyn na wan ahay. Hadaan wax kaa diido xooga kaftan iyo dicaayad ayaan cadhadaydi ku qariya, hanjabaad iyo maagis wakhti o ma hayo (unless ay khasab igu noqoto); marka, ceelkan aad had iyo goor iga hor qodaysid iga daa warya. Caadi iska dhig. ;)

p.s.

Che, Cumar Suliman was not trying to "close" his borders. :P

N.O.R.F   

look at what this government achieved in the six months it has been in power we can clearly see that progress is actually being made. This is not about red carpets in Djibouti or Addis (though the symbolism has its own significance). This is about the increase in the salaries of civil servants, the payment of debts and the undertaking of countless projects. If the argument was about starting as they meant to go on, the facts today show that they started really well.

^^^Africaown, read the above :D

sorry off topic

LoL..Glad to know we are not all useless after all, NG.

Yes, I agree SL has been making very good progress. Desperately needed financial avenues are opening up and hopefully the administration will take full advantage for the betterment of the people.

I mentioned the past because it has a direct and significant impact on what happens next. This isn’t just about what’s economically and politically beneficial for the SSC. It’s about what the people actually want and what they don’t want. In the past the regions weren’t put under any pressure to choose allegiance, SL may have thought they already had the allegiance due to geographical proximity but the question was never put to the people and the answer never given by the people.

However, the bold rhetoric we have been hearing from SL in recent years has inadvertently put that question to the people and the people in turn have answered unintentionally. SL has managed to achieve what I thought was the impossible – an almost unanimous consensus in the region. Unfortunately for SL, the consensus is against the state’s singular vision – independence from Somalia. This was why I highlighted the causes that brought us to where we are today because these, along with the inherent tribal distrust that exists in Somali society, ensured the SSC’s rejection of the SL cause. I think this was bound to happen once any pressure was applied, and if it hadn’t happened now, it would have down the road.

I think we can really only talk about economic and political incentives if SSC is meaningfully part and parcel of Somaliland. At the moment that’s not the case. The question is, will the administration listen to the resolve of the people or will it continue either burying its head in the sand as was the case in the past or waxing philosophical about international borders as it is doing now?

In 2009 I had the chance to chat to an old friend of my grandfather's (Allah Yarxama) in New Zealand. I was mainly questioning him about the history and struggle of OG’nia but we got to discussing about Somaliland and I asked what he thought about the struggle for independence there. He said “Allah gave us all the right for self determination. If the people want to be independent, no one can deny them”. And I agreed with him because it made sense to me. The unity and determination the people of SL have displayed in fostering peace and actively seeking to control their own destiny is truly admirable. Whatever the future holds, that’s a legacy they can be proud of.

In conclusion, Somaliland is already in the driving seat, seeking its own path to the future. The same consideration needs to be given to SSC, and SL shouldn’t be surprised if SSC doesn’t want to ride shotgun in the passenger seat.

*Waves to Spadez*...Definitely a long time. Hope all is well with you and your family!

Malika   

^Nicely put dear.

Lol Ngonge – saxib you want me to give you the minutes of the meetings, the agenda for the long and short term plans of SSC? Dee maa hayo! Lakiin waxaan kuu hayaa is the first hand observations of the momentum within the community. I believe this latest incident has truly re awaken the community to take responsibility not only on military basis but that of seeking its own self determination in all matters of governing within its own territories. They refuse to continue being the “disputed over” region between SL and PL – but strongly and rightly so desire to self governor. SSC self determination process isn’t going to be a smooth sailing[folks know that], as those ‘claiming’ these territories have had twenty years to the claim entitlement to these territories – despite the non consent of the territories residents . I personally would like to see a diplomatic means to solving these conflicts - but again can SL afford to tar its image as " Africans secret democracy" ? By actually addressing the issue of dispute to the UN and other International Organisations? Will the international community see SL in the same eye, if known that its holding a gun barrel on some of those they share the region/land so to achieve its own self determination?

Hmmm.

A_Khadar   

Scars of war indeed.. Alle ha caafiyo.

NG,

Taleexi, rag reer SL oo dagaalka iyo muranka jecel meeshani way ka buuxan, saaxib. Markay cadha yar ku qabsato kuwaa ku ciil bax. Anigu nabaddoon ban ahay nin weyn na wan ahay. Hadaan wax kaa diido xooga kaftan iyo dicaayad ayaan cadhadaydi ku qariya, hanjabaad iyo maagis wakhti o ma hayo (unless ay khasab igu noqoto); marka, ceelkan aad had iyo goor iga hor qodaysid iga daa warya. Caadi iska dhig.
wink.png

;););) I can only say, Many people wish Silanyo's having a cool head like urs..

Liibaan   

Malika;698515 wrote:
^Nicely put dear.

Lol Ngonge – saxib you want me to give you the minutes of the meetings, the agenda for the long and short term plans of SSC? Dee maa hayo! Lakiin waxaan kuu hayaa is the first hand observations of the momentum within the community. I believe this latest incident has truly re awaken the community to take responsibility not only on military basis but that of seeking its own self determination in all matters of governing within its own territories. They refuse to continue being the “disputed over” region between SL and PL – but strongly and rightly so desire to self governor. SSC self determination process isn’t going to be a smooth sailing[folks know that], as those ‘claiming’ these territories have had twenty years to the claim entitlement to these territories – despite the non consent of the territories residents . I personally would like to see a diplomatic means to solving these conflicts - but again can SL afford to tar its image as " Africans secret democracy" ? By actually addressing the issue of dispute to the UN and other International Organisations? Will the international community see SL in the same eye, if known that its holding a gun barrel on some of those they share the region/land so to achieve its own self determination?

Hmmm.

Well said sister malika, Warlord Siilaanyo and his clan cheerleaders/clan secessionists like NG, must understand the simple truth that if SOMALIA is divisible, the territories of the irrelevant former British Somali colony are as well divisible. The point the Somalidiid-landers who are seeking self-determination for their clan, should first respect the right of self-determination of other regions and clans of North Somalia. Warlord Siilaanyo and his Somalidiid-land clan faction have to stop hypocrisy, the war on SSC people, the ethnic cleansing in Kalshaale, etc. People of SSC will liberate their SSCland by any means, it is non-negotiable. If Warlord Siilaanyo and his clan militia really want peace they should leave all SSC regions immediately without any conditions. For the last 4 years, People of SSC were calling for peace and were seeking to convince snm clan militia to leave SSC territories peacefully. Sadly SSC calls for peace have fallen on deaf ears, and it became obvious that SNM clan militia is NOT interested in peace and to coexist peacefully with other regions/clans in North Somalia like the SSC State, SSC Leadership and SSC people.