Sign in to follow this  
Taleexi

Silanyo’s Darfur in the making

NGONGE   

Much better than the NSUM stuff. A touch of truth, a sprinkle of fiction and an overall steady pace. Shame about the title though. :D

A somewhat emotional write-up but I believe the author highlights the core issues of the conflict. The people of SSC do perceive the actions of SL as evidence of a land-grabbing agenda. The Somaliland army is much better organised, trained and equiped than the SSC groups. There is the potential for a great deal of bloodshed if cooler heads don't intervene and stop this conflict from escalating into clan war.

Unfortunately, bad leadership seems to be a common plague that affects Somalis everywhere, and the leadership of Somaliland are very close to losing the plot and the peace the population have worked for for so long. No one will benefit from this conflict and it's about time some form of dab-damis was engaged.

NG - Yes, the title is pretty naff.

RedSea   

Good solid article and I do tend to agree with the assertions of ng and Val. La Is ma xaasidee authorku seems to have made his points without the usual talking points I.e. Somal diid,snm, etc...

I do have to say that president of somaliland needs to hault any military action and not give in to the call of violence echoing all around.

It is more like SL waterloo. Who lost the SSC people for good? Two sub-clans fight which is pretty normal for Somalis and then Siilaanyo uses the state power to grab the land for his subclan. What a monomental mistake.

Never understood these clowns who write such nonsense and those who post them. How is silly Siilanyu and his little clan compared to Sudan's Al Bashir?

Come on..

Taleexi   

SNM-tii baa nabad raadinaysa waa arrin qosol mudan, oo ugub ku ah geyiga Soomaaliyeed balse the piece addressed the epicenter of the conflict and, made some recommendations in order an all-out-war be avoided at all cost. The question remains though, are the aggressors listening?

Valenteenah: After someone has lost so much material wealth and human life, being a bit emotional can be excused or no?

caydarus   

[quote name=The Somaliland army is much better organised' date=' trained and equiped than the SSC groups.

QUOTE]

Have you ask your self where is that army much better organised, trained and equiped than the SSC?

they really disappeared and run away and there nowhere at the moment.

walee baaba baatahey.

Cambaro   

Taleexi;694281 wrote:
Cambaro bal horta sow dhowow daasada garaacu ha kuu danbeeyee!,
Allow Alle maba dhalane dhowrtaysan ogaa

Thank you Taleexi for Welcoming me in this forum. But I still feel that the author of this article is playing the victime card while we all know the reality on the ground.

A_Khadar   

Halt it for a second.. Many of you read the words literarily rather getting the underline reasoning. He did not compare Dafur's and what is happening in North of Somalia right but suggested that if it continue this way, it may lead to similar path of what happened in Darfur.

Facts are as he started the article with this line "Ragow kibirka waa lagu kufaa, kaa ha la ogaado– Arrogance destroys men" Silanyo and his supporters have tendency of arrogance an they want force another people to accept their own project. Why this is so hard to understand that these people don’t want to be part of this project and they want you to leave them alone. Is that too much to ask?<O:p