Sign in to follow this  
Cara.

Somalis mark 20 years of war since government fell

Ibtisam   

Unfortunately pirates have not figured out how to hold cyber sites to ransom get, so we can’t get anymore muggers in here for the time being.

Che- hmmmm, waan yaabey when I read your comments but I just assumed wrong side of the report aad qabsatey.

Nothing wrong with JB's intentions- he is just trying to remind "his people/ nation" what they should be remembering and why they are better off alone. It is not at anyone's expense so no harm in my view. I object to it because it must be painful for people who went through this to keep seeing pictures and stuff.

Somalina   

General Duke;691019 wrote:
We need more Muggers and less Mugged ones in these forums. Somalia marking two decades of aboslute madness is a moment that should not be played down...

Long live Somaliweyn.

You are on a roll today! :D

Long live Somaliweyn indeed!

Ibti-January 26 represents 20 years of misery-(not cause for celebration or triumph) that's what came to my mind. The comment was to provoke him not my proudest moment I admit.

Sitting in a Marfish all day, starring at a blue paper bag and making up stories about how ones clan will liberate Buhudle will not get ransom from anyone.

One has to be active, Qad free and able to swim to catch the treasures of the sea.

Thus keep getting Mugged. Attacvking Siyad while clapping for the likes of Siilanyu[ A minister of Barre for 9 years] and Riiyaale who was a spy for Barre.. Nothing changed the same regime was running NW Somalia since the fall of Barre.

There's a lack of self-awareness with most of us here. Those jumping on Stoic, are not exactly free of tribalism in their political views, are they? Not if they really look at themselves. Although, I suspect for the majority of us, we think we are just fighting to protect our ancestral clan lands from other encroaching tribes and/or Ethiopia.

The key problem with Somalis everywhere is this: Waxay iyagu isu quudhaan walaalkood uma quudhaan.

This is represented everwhere: the Somalilanders who want to secede but who can't fathom that other tribes and regions might not want to withdraw with them, the Puntlanders who have enjoyed a semblance of progress and peace and can't or won't offer a helping hand to the southern Somalis, going as far as returning those fleeing from fighting back to the hell they escaped. The marauding pseudo-religious militias in the South who can't understand anything but violence and finaly, finaly the useless TFG, resplendent in redundant titles, such as 'president' and 'Minister' of this or that, whilst utterly incapable of offering any kind of alternative to the misery and doom people live in.

I don't think any of us can point fingers at anyone else.

The cleverest and nobelest ones of us are perhaps those that are actively trying to alleviate the deep problems facing the most vulnerable people back home, either by raising funds and helping to build clinics and orphanages or providing relief and rehabilitation and education on the ground. But these are very small numbers compared to those who fundraise for politicians and maamulada's pockets.

Things might have improved in the 10-15 years since the war for some areas, but if events keep going as they have in the last few years, if the Puntland, Somaliland and TGF leadership continue in their useless posturing, then I fear we might see another 20 years of dark limbo. Something none of us want.

Ibtisam   

Horta why is it calaculated from January 26???

Where JB lives the experience has been differen- 15years of okay- getting by and good moments and 5 misery years (intra clan wars and in fighting). He has a cause (SL) and a reason for celebrating which happens to be marked by the same date. Why is that any less important to mark? Or are we only allowed to mark misery and tally up all that we've lost. As a Somali does it not contribute to 0.05% to the good side of the scale? Add Puntiland and you might have a bit more. Is that not the point of basic building that you slowly increase till the next time you mark 20years it is not misery you mark but progress and celebration for more people than the last time.

Maan fahminin seriously.

This is represented everwhere: the Somalilanders who want to secede but who can't fathom that other tribes and regions might not want to withdraw with them, the Puntlanders who have enjoyed a semblance of progress and peace and can't or won't offer a helping hand to the southern Somalis, going as far as returning those fleeing from fighting back to the hell they escaped. The marauding pseudo-religious militias in the South who can't understand anything but violence and finaly, finaly the useless TFG, resplendent in redundant titles, such as 'president' and 'Minister' of this or that, whilst utterly incapable of offering any kind of alternative to the misery and doom people live in.

Hear Hear. thats the long and short of it

^I can think we all agree with Val or atleast I can!

Ibti-January 26 is the official date the country ceased to exist a State but many miseries preceded that of course 88 and Mudug. As for celebration such event, I thought Jb was making contrast.

Che -Guevara;691022 wrote:
Jb...Aamin but I get it duqa and I'm happy Hargeysa is doing ok but enough with the story history lesson.

I know the history is painful for you dee coz it is something you're a guilty of .... but nothing will make that history forgotten. Those u represent should know and take notes ...

Wow, this threads going fast. Or I write slowly.

General Duke;691031 wrote:
Sitting in a Marfish all day, starring at a blue paper bag and making up stories about how ones clan will liberate Buhudle will not get ransom from anyone.

One has to be active, Qad free and able to swim to catch the treasures of the sea.

That made me laugh.

Somalina   

General Duke;691031 wrote:

:D:D

Jacaylbaro;691035 wrote:
I know the history is painful for you dee coz it is something you're a
guilty
of .... but nothing will make that history forgotten. Those u represent should know and take notes ...

What am I guilty of and who do I represent?

Every good that was achieved in the past 20 years is nothing comparable to what could have been achieved.

It was a sad, historic event, toppling a dicator is one thing, destroying the hopes and aspirations of a generation is another.

Somaliland for all the talk has a bughed of peanuts. They can not build a single road and live on UN handouts. Thats progress?

The Zack   

General Duke is giving some lessons today LOL. Lessons that make more sense than what Jaceylbaro has been uttering since January 26.

Somalia could have been in a much better position today if Somalis worked together. There is nothing to be proud about here that has happened in the last 20 years.