Sign in to follow this  
Cara.

Somalis mark 20 years of war since government fell

Blessed   

TBH. There are folks who talk out of their behinds in all camps. This shouldn't determin your political views. At the end of the day, everyone is concerned with the politician or political idea which benefits them most. Why it offends others is beyond me..?

Che -Guevara;690919 wrote:
Ironically enough some of the least things people talk in regards to the collapse of Somali State is the economic deprivation and lack of social development.Would the reign of Barre been any different if he modernized Somalia like Mahathir for Malaysia and will democracy without economic and social development last?

What good does an election for illiterate, unemployed, hungry man?

Having a peaceful and stable political climate which allows for elections (or similar process) opens the doors for economic and structural developments. Here, the poor, illiterate man (the majority in all Somali regions) is worried only about where the next bit of cash is coming from -- not if he'll be blown to pieces whilst searching for it.

Hopefully the last 20 years would have thought us to appreciate the little blessings of this dunya.. Insha Allah khayr bey noqon.

the last 20 years have been terrible for all Somali's. Our brothers in NW Somalia had a mini war after the fall in which thousands died, they had an iron rule of Riiyaale who stole millions from poor taxpayers and aid agencies. Development of peace has prevailed in much of the Northern regions of Somalia and for the last few years even the central region of lower Mudug has had peace and stability.

Thus there is nothing unique about Somaliland, they are poor Somali's, they have had their own little clan war Tuur Vs Egaal, their ssyetm is built on clan. In fact they are as delusional as the Al Shabaab clowns in the South. Al Shabaab want to liberate Alaska, and Somaliland wants to be a seperate nation a new nation that of the Land of Somalis.:D

Its time to develop our capacity to think beyond these things. The Arab street is awakening and the Somali coffe shops should follow

Ibtisam   

JB they only represent themselves, not all Somalis- much like you dont speak for the whole SLers. ;) Plus how you put Che in the same group as Ducanqabiin. :eek:

Promethues...Some said Lipset was being too optimistic but I guess time has proven him right at least upto an extent and you are right Siyaad Barre was simply not equipped to have long-term vision. As far as Somaliland concerned, I agree it's far from being liberal society in the political sense and people view government the same way as they did in the Somali republic. It's cash cow since it's the only thing generating income.

GoldCoast-Perhaps I could phrased differently but we do have affinity to ancestral and would wann see develop.

Ibti-JB is still pissed that I questioned his motive in the other thread ( Hargeysa 91).

Blessed....I welcome stability in whatever form. Realistically, in Somalia that's all you could ask for and expect from Somalis.

Ibtisam   

Lets not get into fathers iyo waxs, ceeb calakey JB.

This forum has lost the ability for memebers to post something in one thread and people read JUSt that only. Here Stoic identity and personalitiy is questioned not the content of that post, JB is apparently still pissed by the other thread and Che is dragging the other thread with him.

We need strangers whose positions and points of view we dont know- :D

We need more Muggers and less Mugged ones in these forums. Somalia marking two decades of aboslute madness is a moment that should not be played down...

Long live Somaliweyn.

LoooooooooooL@Ibti-I admit I was little insensitive in the other thread but I think was on point about Jb's motive.

Jb...Aamin but I get it duqa and I'm happy Hargeysa is doing ok but enough with the story history lesson.