Sign in to follow this  
cynical lady

Troll, Shaah, Cakes and Sheeko

Ibtisam   

Howdy and SalamAlikum from Burco, Im experiencing Somaliland all over again, things have changed so much even in few months (last I was here in November for the elections) 2 days in Burco, 2 days in Shikh, 2 days in Berbera, 1 day in Biyo Kuuleye and then back to hot and humid Hargeysa for the weekend. Who said work can't be fun!

wcs Ibtisam, yeah its great to be there, hope change is coming slowly, heard about the BR thing businesswise too, it can help local traders...

Abu-Salman;923622 wrote:
:D
lol the smaller the spanner

yeah, being naturally kind/considering public interest is seen as weakness and ethics as foolishness...the reason why things are as they are.

mind you, they called us "yaakhii" during summer breaks from jabuuti back in the 90s
:D
, but somalis everywhere think alike though...

waar yaakhigu wa caanoboodhe....these yaakhi's are the dhaqan celiska laa sheego...their softness, their laissez faire attitudes, the way they speak af-Somali.....everything about them, based on my observations, seem to indicate 2'' spanner would easily slice them open......:D:p

ibti, someone I trust liked it on FB, so did I, nothing more;

hope things are getting slowly better from the state/civil society side too: corruption, basic services, terrible traffic/mini roads etc...

A-B, that is a sweeping one bro, besides locals seem now more "reer magaal" with all those expats, stories, parties videos etc...a case of "laga baray laga badi"? :D...while we may be assimilated to Al Qaeda these days for requesting change :D

nuune   

^^ Ma JB baa kubad cayaarey, waligiis ma uusan cayaarin, the closest he accidently pllayed was at at Jaziira and he was just spectator lugaha kor u taag-taagayey.

Abu Salman, recently I was assking about hal kiilo oo malab ah, that was in Mecca, I wass told it is around $380 dollar, woow, marka don't you think there is a market for it, and back home it is much cheaper like the price you mentioned

Nuune, it may be sidr (jujuba) honey, its expensive (around 200 against $50 for the usual honey in Yemen); it's harder to find reliable supplies among somalis (easier in Ethiopia) but an established lucrative industry in Yemen.

I'll buy few kilos if you find some, but with lil discount :D .

ps: Somalia is the ideal, year round, bees-killer chemical free place for honey; it's potentially worth billions, straight into peasants hands rather than corporates or elites: A Market Analysis for Honey Production in Somalia.

Hassan Duude from Somali Economic Forum said Dubai authorities were organising soon an investment/partnerships forum for Somalis (besides the Nairobi one in June etc) but the intensification/modern beekeeping has been disastrous elsewhere after a while (plus, the honey is imperfect).

Is it not happening already? trying not to keep up after few sleepless nights...the gulf is often huge between the have and the have not so I can understand the resentment, it's just that I don't want ayeeyo caught up in this so-called liberation... :D

^

political disobedience in the yaakhi land is as rare as IOG losing weight....ma istidhi inaar? :D

are you a political spin-doctor or what Abuooow? what do you do in that terrible place....?

and is your ayeeyo running for office? kulaha..... liberation.....

djibouti is the most vile and as close as you can get to hell on earth walahi....i've never seen socio-economic disparities of that magnitude. obviously, i was staying at the kempsinki and having a tropical juice by the pool but my few interactions with the ordinary folks of djibouti....left me somewhat dumbfounded as to how they tolerate their condition and how it became the norm......i support your ayeeyo 100%.....plenty of grannies have changed the world before like rosa parks (she would've been 100 this year) and ellen johnson sirleaf of libera....LOOOOOOL