Sign in to follow this  
cynical lady

Troll, Shaah, Cakes and Sheeko

NGONGE   

^^ He's not fifty, Rahima. He's not even Forty. Jb is an old man in a young man's body. :D

What are your reasons for using a gym? (you made it sound like you have exceptional ones). Plus, why would a mother of young children need a gym anyway? Chasing the kids around all day should fix any excercise problems you have (I think).

There is this BBC horizon clip about very short but very intense bouts of exercise (three times 20 sec of maximal effort; thrice a week), ie 3 min a week, being enough for many; generally, you just have to minimise sitting and every movement counts as exercise (hours of gym is not a must normally, use stairs, walk and help around).

Rahima   

Abu-Salman;888567 wrote:
There is this BBC horizon clip about very short but very intense bouts of exercise (three times 20 sec of maximal effort; thrice a week), ie 3 min a week, being enough for many; generally, you just have to minimise sitting and every movement counts as exercise (hours of gym is not a must normally, use stairs, walk and help around).

I've heard/read this also- the short bouts of intensity that is. Not so sure about the time, 3 min a week?

NG,

My list of reasons is as follows:

1. Vanity- i have 5 or so kilos to loose to get back to my ideal weight. Running after the little ones has gotten me this far- plateaued.

2. Vanity- ito tone up.

3. Vanity- i want to be able to fit comfortably into my much loved outfits.

4. Health

5. Endorphines and stress release.

Good enough?

NGONGE   

^^ Heh. Very good reasons there. :D

I've been thinking about doing the same thing for exactly the same reasons but I'm very lazy.

Rahima   

^ Get a gym buddy or a personal trainer. When you know someone is waiting for you, laziness will not be an issue- at least for me anyway.

Let me be original and say- SMOKING KILLS. I've done my bit boys, carry on....

NGONGE   

^^ A gym buddy? A personal trainer? The kids will never let me live it down. They already tell me that "old people" should not have friends. :D

Rahima   

^ Do they ask you to drop them off a block away from the school? "Old people" shouldn't have friends line sounds like the beginning of the end.