Sign in to follow this  
cynical lady

Troll, Shaah, Cakes and Sheeko

NGONGE   

^^ :D... I don't need to relate to any of these subjects to know that Somali women are mad. Wax fahan.

Malika,

You know and I know how a Somali woman's brain works. Most of the time, they don't go to these protests/parties/gatherings for the actual cause but for company/xan/ha la i arko or just pure camal la'aan. Somali women are mad. You know it, I know it. :D

N.O.R.F   

Down down qaad!

Afternoon all.

Its a scorcher. Thought I would walk to the mosque but was drenched by the time I got there.

Eid ma la sheegay? Ngonge, anthing on the Arab wires? :D

those long tahajjud nights drenched in pious tears for some (was Ngonge spotted among his devout brethens :D) are fleeting as time do lately.

though Ciid abroad doesn't sounds like the real deal, how do you go about it guys (salat and family visits apart)?

Does a Solers dinner or something sounds right (anything that do not involve hyena meat)?

Malika   

^Why dear?

Eid Mubarak! - May the blessing of Allah fill your heart with peace..amiin

Vitamin D , Vitamin D...or intee qoraxduu jirto, folks need to soak as much sun as possible. I keep hearing it being recommended to many people now days..illeen we were not meant to be in 'frozen lands'..lol

Ibtisam   

Loool @ frozen lands. I hear UK is very hot recently- brits complain all the time- it is too hot, too rainy, too windy, too snowy- we are never happy. lol

Malika- it is mising the Eid spirit- so many poor people and beggars, few places to go and too many people to pay. You end up broke and hiding in your house by the end of the day- :D a far cry from fancy restaurants, night outs and cakes with friends. :(

AYOUB   

Malika;857716 wrote:

Jummah Mubarak - May the strength of Eeman stays in our heart this last friday of Ramadan!...amiin

This Friday only? Sounds like you've plans for the coming Fridays. Amiin btw. :)

Well, the sun is not marketable unlike all the products piling up in pharmacies with little use if any.

"few places to go and too many people to pay."

it's maybe due to their perception of you (the well-off locals either blend in or live apart).

this friend says that salat and praising Allah should be the eid program, the other added that cinemas are dens of fisq.

Hargeysa has many nice restaurants though, eg the yemeni one.

Malika   

Lol@Ayoub - allahu ya allam of the many fridays to come - yesterdays friday I was alive, kuwa soo socdaa illahi uun baa oog..nevertheless, May the strength of eeman we had during ramadaan stay with us always..amiin.

Ibti - I hear you, laakiin ajaarka aad helisiid eeg. Instead of paying individuals why not hold a lunch feast for the poor - one or two camel alabarii uu samee dee..I miss Eid in Africa, halka you beg folks to come to yours for Eid breakfast, I would be by the masjid door tomorrow morning Insha'allah grabbing relatives/friends by their cabayaas to at least come for a cuppa! ..Lool

Ibtisam   

Lol MAlika why do you want people to come over? It creates a lot of work, cooking and cleaning for you! Too much hard work for a fun and relaxing day. :D my ideal is take out and good junk food, alone (max 2 (silent) other ppl) raining heavy outside and a good movie. That right there is a perfect Eid.

Lool @ kill a camel- you are kidding right?

Abu- yes nice places- but the Eid crowd is huge and them few places cannot accommodate- plus it is summer so all the tourist are here- we are out of capacity. As for perceptions- you can never blend in- everyone knows everyone and their business.

Malika   

^Lol..I grew up with Eid mornings being hectic with all sorts of activities in the home - Eid preparations started the night before, from Henna, anjeera qoyiis,buur dubiis, to onion and veg preparation - with a goat or two tied at the back. The curtains changed, house cleaned from top to bottom - the day before Eid was all about preparation. The morning of Eid, started before dawn - food preparation, baths, dressing up for masjid - the house gets another go through - new bed covers on, uunsi on ...food of all sort spreaded on the table..plates to give to neighbours prepared, waiting for us kids to start our Eid morning ritual of taking plates of food to neighbours,w hilst ofcourse collecting our Eid pay...When we come from the masjid the eating starts, house full of people... - the goat gets slaughtered - half of the meat is given to the poor , some to the neighbours, the rest is lunch for the elders as us kids by that time we are full of the rubbish our Eid money can afford...we would be off to the cinema or beach...Marka I cant have a quiet Eid, it depresses me honestly. I have tried to recreate same Eid in my home, but its not the same.. I dont mind the cooking or the cleaning as long as Eid is not quiet...looool

that is why those who grew up in africa gets homesick;

we used to get new games, clothes, bed covers etc (usually from France, for the cousins too) and a kid party hosted after salat for us and the cousins, replete with robots and items to assemble, kids computers or video games.

A visit to the port and all its different boats, pic nic to Arta's greener wilderness just outside town etc completed the idylle; one of the reason happiness rhymed with cousins and greener, wilder or "exotic" places such as summers to Hargeysa (with all its stories, weapons and ammunitions everywhere in the 90s).

But the big and varied "community" both indoors and outdoors and cousins in particular were the real highlights even more than video games etc.