Sign in to follow this  
cynical lady

Troll, Shaah, Cakes and Sheeko

Malika   

^ uu sheeg - he only need to secure a good source for his milk, generator, some chairs/benches under some trees, a mobile ice cream van - voila! A good source of income, just there!

NGONGE;849969 wrote:
Chat like a woman? Gossip like a woman? I think you're mistaking me for you warya!
:D

awful awful imposter.

It's time you moved on feminine man instead of acting like a childish elementary school kid who makes things up to be in the spotlight and bullies. I must have had such a big impact on you that you seem to be dwelling on the past and crying out your wounds.

Translation of your ''man'' accusation: ouch i'm wounded and i'm suffering. Lmao.

Chimera - Trouble follows me everywhere. Even when i'm not part of it I get sucked into it. I'm sure some people can relate to that.

wyre   

JB Look Over Here

1341752276205284500.jpg

Two young entrepreneurs who started an award-winning international ice-cream business from scratch are urging talented Italians not to abandon their recession-hit country.

Friends Guido Martinetti and Federico Grom started their Grom ice-cream company in 2003, when the pair, in their twenties and with little capital, set out to revolutionize Italian gelato despite knowing nothing about it.

Inspired by Italy’s gourmet and eco-friendly Slow Food movement, the ice cream was a hit and there are now 58 Grom parlors across France, Italy, Japan and the United States, with booming profits despite the crisis.

“Neither of us knew how to make ice-cream, that was the first problem. Worse than that, we didn’t have any money,” joked Federico Grom, 39, who confessed that the initial business plan was “not very sound at all.”

But Martinetti — inspired to act by Slow Food founder Carlo Petrini’s comments that it was no longer possible to find “ice-cream made with excellent ingredients” — refused to give up on his plan to plug the gap in the market.

He took out a loan of 32,500 euros ($40,860) and, with Grom’s savings, they opened their first shop in Turin, the Italian city that is home to the Slow Food movement, which strives to boost local cuisines and respect the environment.

The pair say that despite a sense of resignation and frustration among Italy’s young, who have been hit hard by the economic crisis and recession that followed, the answer is not to flee the country but to become innovators.

According to Confimprese Italia business association, around 120,000 Italian youths went abroad in 2008 and 2009, 70 percent of them graduates.

The economic outlook has since worsened, with Italy re-entering recession in 2011 and youth employment reaching a new record high in May.

The country’s young must disregard “the myth that everything is easier abroad” and instead seek out the “great opportunities” at home, the pair say.

Martinetti and Grom, committed at first to recreating the traditional nut and chocolate gelatos of the region with pre-industrial methods, began sourcing ingredients such as coffee beans and pistachios from small farmers globally.

Determined to use only fresh seasonal fruit, they bought a 15-hectare (37-acre) farm in the Piedmont region in 2007. They named it “Mura Mura,” which means “slowly” in Madagascar, as homage to the Slow Food philosophy.

From dark chocolate to pistachio or their ice creams are made with organic eggs and cocoa and coffee from central America, while fig, mandarin and apple-flavored sorbets are made with Italian mineral water.

“We grow certain fruits so as to be able to control how they are grown and have the best quality ingredients to make excellent sorbets,” Martinetti said as he showed off the organic farm in Costigliole d’Asti in the Piedmont hills.

The mixtures are shipped frozen to Grom parlors abroad from the farm and factory outside Turin, and are then churned on location.

Despite the economic crisis, Grom’s turnover has jumped from 250,000 euros in 2003 to 30 million euros today, and the company has sold five percent to Italian coffee maker Illy and another five percent to a partner in Japan.

Martinetti and Grom say they hope their success can inspire some of the 36 percent of 15 to 24-year-olds now unemployed in the country to have faith in themselves.

“Italy is one of the most beautiful countries in the world. It still offers great opportunities and is rich in talent,” Grom said.

“I hope that lots of young people still believe in themselves because they can turn their dreams into reality.”

When Are You Going To Start Your Ice Cream Bussiness :D

Calling now again aabo et al at Arabsiyo from gmail (very convenient, as Skype), I'm wondering how I could ever reconciliate my two identities of being second generation Djibouti citizen yet very Somali or "Somalilander".

It's like we have complicated things for no reason: I've always seen myself as a Muslim Somali as we were raised (pan-Somalist cherishing my Northern area and people).

Why do Somalis feel the urge to categorise: you are "qaldan", "jabuutiyaan" etc?

In Djibouti, despite informal political quotas, nobody really cares about your ancestral hometown but it is mostly other Somalis that see you as not being "real Somalilander" etc when we probably have more direct links and stakes there than many abroad.

N.O.R.F   

Afternoon all.

Went into E London Mosque last night for the first time. Quite impressed. The whole area seems to be experiencing some kind of revival with restaurants poppoing up here and there. Word of advice, don't buy arabic food from Bengalis.

When Are You Going To Start Your Ice Cream Bussiness

I'm exploring a new area sxb ..... that ice cream thing has already its market.

That is my problem ,,, I want a new invention and still thinking which one :D

Faheema.   

Have you seen the transformation? Ibti won't be able to recognise her old neighbourhood :D

It's a good day today, sun is shinning and i am getting better negotiating ....Woohoo Alhamdulilah :)

Good day all...

N.O.R.F   

Hi Faheema, its weird seeing so many gaalo around there :D

Negotiating a new job/contract?

JB, I know the feeling. I know what you mean. You want a lightbulb moment for a new business :D

Faheema.   

Lol@babes, I didn't know we had that kind of relationship Blondy :)

Norf, yeah inshallah Khair...and there's always Qatar :)

N.O.R.F   

Get that roadster you wanted :)

Enjoy ramadan. I'm missing on the build up and excitement.

JB, spill the beans. How is that other venture going?