Sign in to follow this  
cynical lady

Troll, Shaah, Cakes and Sheeko

Exactely, Norf; it's all about occasional treats.

Mashallah, fit siblings and family moments are unique moments.

You got life secrets figured out :D

I just meant focusing on winning, drama and refusing beginners in foot sessions too much to bear.

we use skype for family etc to have multiple reunions or when free voip call is not practical Maaddeey.

NGONGE   

never bothered with what food was on the table at iftar time to be honest. never been one for suxoor either.

Norf, no matter how you try to fight it, time is eventually going to catch up with you warya. Fittness or no fittness. Wax fahan.

Malika   

W.salaam@ Maaddeey

Abu, indeed. I look forward to being in London this ramadan with all the family - its been years since we have all had aftar at one place - its going to be mad, as each sibling with their families all together...ready with my whip!..lol [probably go bankrupt with all the bribing]

Hey Ngonge !

Talking about Peter Pan and nostalgia; while often serious, I do joke, talk and play litterally like the excited teen I once was whenever comfortable (say with a visiting cousin when we pass in review all the 90s mad moments) and find myself even playing video games with others.

It must be that the kid has just more experience but is still very much the same inside (enjoy playing with the same people or curiosity).

Alas, we must put on adult masks more often after teen years; life is a theater said a litterature teacher.

So how do elders overcome aging, as the teen golden years nostalgia increases with time?

N.O.R.F   

^thats what being with old friends is about.

Morning all.

Surprised JB hasn't started a Ramadan Kareem thread a week early :D

loooooooooool@Norf ,,, Seems no one else is ready to take up the job :D

I have an idea today ..... how about we invest in this:

555654_505264632833298_878645370_n.jpg

My saving grace this Ramadan = two weeks of the Olympics = two weeks of working from home.

I dont think fasting 17-18 hour days continously while getting on with travel and work is possible for me.... waan suuxi!

Ramadan Kariim ya SOL. I hope you all have a wonderful Ramadan filled with cibaada, family, friends and feasts :)

NGONGE   

^^ Same to you dear. :)

p.s.

Tapping away at a computer from home is NOT work. The rest of us still have to fight our way through traffic and tourists and, in my case, when I get to work, I still have to deal with the madman! I really don't know if I'll have any pataince this coming month. I'm dreading a breakdown of sorts. :(

ramadan Kareem all

Just discovered mother went to Xamar around 83, shocked of lights off (cockroaches) at night etc in the home of the Dr and nurse who used to visit us in Jabuuti; they were also first fervent kacaan enthusiasts before the wadaads step in.

As there was no state paid rents etc there, people were thriftier there ("ilbax" too in Xamar).

Lots of serious or interesting stuff also told now that we are grown up, as if discovering the whole family.

So JB and Norf have you not kept few nostalgia "Guulwade" shirts? :D

NGONGE   

^^ Norf? War Norf was either drinking Al Maraaci milk in Saudi or wearing shellsuits in England at that time. 83 you say? He might have not even been born back then. :D

Adigu you need to sit mother down and take notes (written ones) instead of these random stories you keep telling us every now and then. Sounds like there is some interesting history to record there.