Sign in to follow this  
Dhagax-Tuur

How do you motivate yourself (Mr/Mrs Student)?

Assl All Wr Wb

How do you motivate yourself?

What makes you keep going, with all distractions around you?

What is your secret ingredient, do you care to share?

Please share your valuable secrets with your bros and sis.

Thank you.

pearl   

pressure,pressure, and more pressure...

i have noticed that am super productive when under pressure whether its school, work, and when its comes to my iman…

though i wouldnt recommend u to try mine, so try different things and see what works for u....unless

mine motivation is more like a natural balancing effect. one hand you have procrasination on the other the side fear of failure, which gets a lot heavier when deadlines get closer.

My motivation comes from my parents.

First of all, you can't keep going unless you really have a reason to go on....(whatever it maybe, a reason to live and be able to see the sun up, or a reason to breath, or a reason to smile the next morning, WE ALL HAVE GOT THEM)

I have set up goals for myself as long as I can remember, and I want to achieve every each one, and at times I feel like quitting, but whenever I think back on my parents and the life they provided for me. I think back on all the things they did for me and the good they did for others, I dwell on that whenever I feel like quitting....(I gotta tell ya folks, it works like magic, because that makes me want to go on forever and never quit and the fact that I am strong minded individual who just hates to lose helps. By losing, I mean losing focus on ya goals)

Asalamu caleykum wr. wb.

How do I motivate my selv? I think I'll find the answer by looking back 2my goals from the first place, which is 2contrepute something back to Somalia in the future. Secondly, my kids keep me motivated and the Somali youth future.

When I think of the many single mothers and their kids who are "agoon aabahood noolyahay" I think of the future of this generation that my kids are one of.I don't want my children to be another statistic, I want them to have a strong mother who doesn't let anything stop her from studying, even being "single mother", since children learn from us by looking at what we're doing and taking us as examples.

Third is knowing this "refugeeness" is not gonna last. I want to take advantage of these opputuneties of educations, that many Somalians back home have not and I want to be prepared to go back home, be4 they say "we are sick & tired of U, go back where U come from".

Good luck to all of us.

Iffah   

I always think to myself, you've made it this far...why stop now? Along with many other reasons I can't get into here.

Stay strong.

i get motivated by others!!

like my friends wife! she did mis in grad school while she was pregnant with 2nd baby!

and the farax who won the lotto, moved back home and was air left a yr later unconsciously! with no penny in his pocket! where is the money? :mad:

and also get a very deep motivation from dhalinyaro who diz their culture, who think Ruben of American Idol is sexy! ( r u blind),

e.g:

now correct me if i am wrong! this dude is like over 300lbs and let us say Valerie is like 120lbs

so god forbid, if this guy slips and falls on top of her! lil Val could be history! so dont mess with Ruben! :confused:

Abdinuur   

Dang Socrates....looooloool...that's one way to motivate yourself.

Have a some good time management, and then you'd be more motivated to do whatever that might pleases you. Never try to give yourself some "free time" cuz that will lead to more "procrastination" which is uncureable!

Assl all wr wb

Rudy, what on earth where you on about? damn! didnt get a word!

What did the pregnant lady do? MIS graduate?

Ok, i know. I need to go to Ghetto school. No problemo.

By the way, manay people here are contributing some good points. But not really what I wanted to hear. I wanted to hear some personal staff. Something unique.Something increadible that touches one's heart in a moment of doubt. Something that you and I, the Somali, could share and associate with. I didnt want to hear general stuff.

You really just have to ask yourself: How badly do you want it?

How long? I mean how long can one ask him/herself to ask this?

Ilhaam M, thanks. You have been true to our current lives and May Allah help you with your fine tries.

P.S. Rudy, I like you. You are one funny, fine brother, but take it easy with your style of writing. Most of us, certainly MOI, dont get it, sometimes.

Sophist   

This perhaps would sound extremely superficial; but I have this castle picture affixed opposite my learning table! whenever I looked at it i feel driven to read. Oh well whatever energises our minds!

N.O.R.F   

What motivates one?

Having the ability to look after ones self ie being self sufficient and not relying on others all yr life. You know what happens when u rely on others and you dont want to do that for life. Therefore gaining yr quals will help you in achieving the goal of being able to look after yrself and yr future family ia.

During the 1st 2 years of study, it was hard to get motivated, but during the final year it was alot easier as my priorities were different (when yr on the edge of achievment). I would say my placement year motivated me the most. Just seeing things happen in real time and not out of books made me become alot more interested in my field of work.

So all in all, diff ppl have diff motivational requirements/needs/wants, so depending on what one is looking to achieve and how much they want to achieve it, then the more influences the better. Hope i made sense.

PS stay away from bad influences,,,,,,,,