Sign in to follow this  
Liibaan

Somalia: Ex-Somaliland defense minister says he salvaged soldiers, weapons in retreat

Liibaan   

Somalia: Ex-Somaliland defense minister says he salvaged soldiers, weapons in retreat

HARGEISA, Somalia Apr 17 (Garowe Online) - The former defense minister of the self-declared Republic of Somaliland said on Tuesday that he expected to be praised and awarded for withdrawing troops from Dhahar district after violent clashes last week.

Adan Mire Wakaf, who was sacked on Sunday, argued that other Cabinet ministers in the delegation that visited the district accepted the decision to withdraw the troops.

Mr. Wakaf dismissed allegations cited against him by Dahir Riyale, the breakaway region’s president, including disobeying a presidential order telling then-Defense Minister Wakaf to keep the troops stationed in Dhahar.

“I thought I brought victory, I expected to be awarded a medal…but I didn’t think I warranted criticism and by retreating, I saved the soldiers and the technicals,” Wakaf told Jamhuuriya, a daily published in the Somaliland capital, Hargeisa.

Somali military sources said the decision to retreat might've been influenced by the seasonal rains and concerns that the roads might soon be impassible for the military trucks.

Wakaf was revoked of his post on Sunday, a day after Puntland security forces retook Dhahar town after bloody gun battles with Somaliland soldiers. [ Full story]

Somaliland claims it has legal authority over Dhahar, a district in Sanaag, a region inside the borders of the ex-British Protectorate of Somaliland on which the breakaway region’s leaders base their case for independence.

Puntland’s vice president, Hassan Dahir Afqura, said in the capital Garowe that Somaliland aims to return to the past by claiming the regions of Sool and Sanaag.

The vice president chaired a ministerial meeting, which was primarily focused on the Somaliland border conflict.

VP Afqura, himself from Sool region, accused Somaliland of seeking to destabilize the peaceful Puntland regions as a means of weakening the Somali federal government, which is combating an insurgency in Mogadishu.

The two rival sub-states have fought over their unmarked several times since 2002

Garowe Online News

^^War Garaadow, while the good minster retreated, you seem to be following him to all the way, to Hargeysa :D !

You guys must be enjoying this moment~~

RedSea   

loool...Garaad and the rest of Puntlanders who have demostrated in this act are showing off too much. It seems they have never experience what it's like to be 'the victorious lot' looool..

Anyways, hore loo yidhi doqon kulagadaa kaama kacdo. loool

Cheers Planders, enjoy the moment.

Emperor   

^It is not what Puntlanders say now that is important but what the Somalilanders like you said beforehand.

Now there is another build up, would you lander go on and bubble along similar lines or decide to keep silent and learn from experience, well untill at least everything has cleared up.

Liibaan   

Xiin,

waa mahad Illahay ninkii soo joog laga waayey, soo jiif baa laga helay

Kudos to people of Dhahar

Red,

Sxb woqooyigalbeed (hergeysa/Barbara/burco) haa kagu filnaatu

Geeridu waxey dhibtaa nin daalim ah oo dhoof ku yimi

Illahay ka bacdii, Reer Dharhar waa ku mahaddsanyihiin inay iska celiyeen maleeshiyadii soo duushay

Sayid   

Garaad,

Nimanka soo kaxeeyay ee markii loo baahday xagga kale ka soo jeestay baa geesiyaal ah. Taasi waa wax lagu soo hoday oo waa lagaga gar daran yahay. Imikase, keligood ayay isu soo xawaalayaan ee wax baa soo socda siday u muuqato. Waa iyagoo mudh iyo gacan ah inay xadkii soo taabtaan, taasi suurto gal ma tahay baad is oran?

Garaad,

Nimanka soo kaxeeyay ee markii loo baahday xagga kale ka soo jeestay baa geesiyaal ah. Taasi waa wax lagu soo hoday oo waa lagaga gar daran yahay. Imikase, keligood ayay isu soo xawaalayaan ee wax baa soo socda siday u muuqato. Waa iyagoo mudh iyo gacan ah inay xadkii soo taabtaan, taasi suurto gal ma tahay baad is oran?

:D niman yahoow rag waa kala raayaa ee dhaafa Qaranka soomaliland hasoo ceshtaan xuduudooda.

"loool...Garaad and the rest of Puntlanders who have demostrated in this act are showing off too much. It seems they have never experience what it's like to be 'the victorious lot' looool.."

to the contrary, its always Somaliland, not puntland that runs from Las Anod, Las Qoray, buhoodle, xuddun, taleex and now dhahar!

RedSea   

Emperor,

No one was excited, however everyone was reacting to the news as it came, just like you are reacting to this now. somaliland troops took over Dhahar, Somalilanders saw as big step in the right direction, on the other hand the Planders hid away for a couple days in disarray, however when reports came that Pland had regained control, whohoooo all of sudden you burst out of your hiding places. That is how things work buddy, maalinba mid ayey ku hooraysaa daruur qudhuntay.

As for the build up, I don't have any info on that, and Somaliland news sources haven't reported yet. So we shall just wait and see what happens.

Garaad Canood,

Adeer ha iiga dhigin sida ay Puntland ay xaq ku dirir yihiin. hadii ay Somaliland daalimiin yihiin, dee kuwan kalena waa sidaa in leeg.

Naxar Nugaaleed,

Adhicadeeye was probably the only real conflict that I can recall, there has not been a reall 'decent' battles that took place.

Stop lying though, in Xudun Afqudhac had to go back to Gorowe after the city was sarounded. And in Buuhoodle, Cade Muse cancelled his trip remember?

Maybe an all out war should take place, so that we can all shut up, what do you say lads?

Liibaan   

Sxb, your minister admitted that SL militia were aggressors and invaders (daalimiin),

Mr.Waqaf “ Xataa kuwii aanu lacagta siinaynay ee Tuutaha

(Dirayska ciidanka) gashanaa ayaa ka soo jeestay xagii cadowga”.

I simply posted small article, never made a comment regarding victory let alone showing off

there has not been a reall 'decent' battles that took place.

Few days ago you were very excited and claimed fake victory by manufacturing lies like SL militia is near Boosaaso and Gardho, and now you saying there wasn’t a war

Shame on you

I am really suprsided that is all of sudden happening at once. What is the relations between dhahar situation and Buuhoodle....everything seems to be falling in Somaliland's favor.

NOpe, it's the other way around. After the SL troops captured Dhahar according to very reliable source of mind in the previous day which came without much fight. That was the day the Pland troops simply left Dhahar, for a reason we don't know, but according to Pland sources it was due to being outnumbered and out gunned, so they decided to regroup and build enough reisstance.

On the second day, the Pland troops with little more man power and weaponary attacked the SL troops within two bases in Dhahar, East and West. The Pland attackes were repulsed according to once again my reliable adeero source ( ). That is when the Minister of Defense and Col. who visited dhahar the previous day told the troops to go on. However they went little too far into Pland territory by cutting off the paved road that linked Qardho and Bosaaso , it was in the actual Pland territory.

To transgress beyond their initial plan which was perhaps to take control of Eastern sanaag was not in Riyale's mind, so he ordered the Minister Mr. Waqaf to withdraw immediately. He called the base they say few times, however the minister of defense and the colonel both ignored him and aimed for attacking Bosaaso and other areas outside the Somaliland claimed territory. Well in that very spot, Riyale fired the minister of defense without further delay and told the troops to withdraw fully from the area which they even occupied in fear that another battle would start without them haveing a leader in the field. So the troops pulled out and are now as said or reported Xiingalool which is about dozen KM from Dhahar to the West.

That role is now given to five individuals including the vice President of Somaliland.

2. Cali Waran Cade.

3. Xasan Buuni.

4. Axmed Ducaale.

That is truthful reporting and it doesn't get any better than that.

P.S, I called my sister inlaws relatives who live in Ceerigabo which provided me with this news so I thought I shared it with you. Stay tune for the latest news and anaylzes from Sanaag.

Bada Cas reporting.

Out.

Liibaan   

Sayid,

Hada waa u cadaatay nimanka duulaanka ahaa in xad la soo xidhayo uunan jirin,

reer dhahar nimanka waxey u sheegeen inay deegaankooda ku noqdeen hadii ee rabaan inay maalmo sii noolaadaan

Xoogsade   

^ Garaad, Can you condemn the TFG the same way and call them Daalimiin? That is when your words carry a weight. You will look good if you are consistent in seeking justice for all, haddii kale Dulmiga aad dadka kale ku heysato yaad gacmaha kula jirtaa.

Red Sea

Best option for Somalilanders(those who truly consider themselves Somalilanders anyway) is to avoid war and never transgress. Soomaalida qola walba teeda inay ka tashataa u fiican intii walaaltinimo guud soo noqoneyso. Dadkaan hadda Somaliland dusha ka saaran, ee feestada ka bixi la', wax sax ah haba ku doodaan maal mahaan, Uma arkaan Dadka Muqdisho in dhibaato heysato waana ku faraxsan yihiin intooda A/Y qabiilka daraadii ku taageersan. Aw-garaad waa ka mid dadkaas(I will take this back if he denies his blind support to the TFG). Hadalkooda waxba yuusan caadifad ku galinin bro. Waa la iska indha tiraa waxay qoraan.

The winner in this conflict is the man who retreated in my view. Not only did he avoid bloodshed, he saved both sides of the clan devide. A wise choice he made and he should be applauded for that. Hadday caqli leeyihiin, feesto meelaha lagama qabteen laakiin ilaahaa na dhaafiyay dhibaato ay dhihi lahaayeen. Dadkaan geesiyaasha iska dhigaayo, Geesinimadooda Zenawi markuu Soomaaliya qabsaday yay soo if baxday(Dhahar sons not included), intii ka horeeysay, they were champions of peace and settled conflicts peacful ways. That should tell you something. Haddana madaafiicda haluga garaaco iyo inteen ku duulnaa yaa sheekadooda u badan.

waar is dhaafa!! ma gaabdow baa tihiin oo waa iso ureysaan!!

this what my dad use to tell us when my brothas fight...! and we use to just freeze.

this war was the most stupidest war that ever happend. i guess somali lifes aint worth selig these days. Blame it on really bad leaders.

Liibaan   

Xoogsade,

Sheeekadaadu waa the enemy of my enemy is my friend

You give your support those I call daalimiin, let alone condemning them, and you requesting from Garaad to condemn those you refer daalimiin

Your words as well carry zero weight, because you don't follow the thing you preach

Don’t talk about consistency, since yourself not seeking justice for all, few days ago you were defending ubaahne evil comments, markaa aduu maad joojisid dadka aad dulmiga ku taageerisid

You blindly supported ICU/indhacadde for tribal reasons, and now in this conflict you sided with one side against the other for reasons we all know

Dadkaan hadda Somaliland dusha ka saaran,

waxaad aaminsantahay in Somaliland dusha laga saaranyahay interesting, when it’s the opposite

SOO MAAL   

Like Che said

LoooooL@people this time Garaad waa lagu goobtay.

ninka haa iska feesteeye daaya

Soomaalida qola walba teeda inay ka tashataa u fiican intii walaaltinimo guud soo noqoneyso.

Xoogsade,

intaa soomaali waa loogu taagwaayey, anuu waxaan qabaa dhiba maanta somalia kama jiri laheen hadii qolo kasta deegaankooda ku eekaan lahaayeen, cidii is rabta ee wax wada qabsandaan lna qashqashin

Deegaanada raba inay wax wada qabsadaan ama midoobaan, ayaga ayeey u taalaa hadii ee wax kuwada qabsanayaan muslimnimo, somalinimo, qabyaaladnimo, ama taariikh uu isticmaarku ka tagay