Sign in to follow this  
Som@li

United States Designates Somalia's al-Shabab as a Terrorist Group

me   

^Too late. You have already been reported. Expect that knock on your door.....horta do they still knock?

Fabregas   

actually I wouldn't mind.....I wuld glady explain to them my views on the situation in Somalia. Most Western sources didn't have a problem with SOmalis campaigning against the occupation, invoking resistance and I.C.U leaders coming to London etc.....But Ceyrow and co are a different case, since He publicly declared love for Osama. Still that doesn't mean that SOmalia is infested by Alqaeda....which actually suits T.F.G, Ethiopia and Americans...since they can say, " Alqaeda is fighting us"( which isn't the case).

Ceyrow and crew just seem to have the biggest mouths they probably want Americans to launch an invasion of Somalia............

What I gathered from my visit to Somalia( in 2002) is that a lot of Somalis think of Osama Bin LADEN as, " Sheikh Galada la dagalama, oo mujahid ah". The allegiance and contact with him in Somalia doesn't go far beyond that......apart from a few hotheads......

Malika   

^Am disappointed yaa Geeljire,why do you need to explain anything..you is the Al Shabaab,the new warriors of Somali resistance,maxaa kenee "explain myself" redface.gif

Where is the burning fire,the determination at any cost gone? icon_razz.gif

Originally posted by J.a.c.a.y.l.b.a.r.o:

Only terrorists can stop terrorists ,,,,,,, xisaabtaasaa soo baxday
:D

Soo eeg adiga,beri dambe,waxaad maqleysaa,C130 Bombers dropping bombs over Mog. Because,they were in persuit of "Tekhokhists".

Personaly,this is boring...

Originally posted by Malika:

^Am disappointed yaa Geeljire,why do you need to explain anything..you is the Al Shabaab,the new warriors of Somali resistance,maxaa kenee "explain myself"
redface.gif

Where is the burning fire,the determination at any cost gone?
icon_razz.gif

what explanation are you talking about ??

I make no excuses for Al-shabaab to some of you they might be terrorists but as North pointed out they are freedom fighters and they enjoy good company in the U.S list of 'terrorism'......... shame to see you people parrot the lines of a country that was bombing us less then 2 weeks ago.

just in case I have not been clear enough Al-shabaab ha noolato !..... Ethiopia and their dabo dhiflif are the terrorists here !

Malika   

^Calm down yakhii,that comment was aimed at Abu-geeljire, too many geeljires in here...nevertheless am impressed with seef labodka!

smile.gif

me   

^wax waalan...I believe you have enough evidence now :D they have confessed.

me   

Ok my opinion on this....Faarax B, this is news. The gameplan has changed. ciyaar cusub ayaa bilaabmaysa maanta ka bacdi.

Juje   

“This group known as al-Shabab has been designated a foreign terrorist organization after a very careful review of information concerning this group. There are documented indications of their close links to al Qaeda, including a number of senior officials in this group who have trained with al Qaeda. They’ve issued statements praising Osama Bin Laden, inviting foreign fighters to come to Somalia. And so for a host of reasons after a very careful review, this group has been designated a foreign organization by the United States,” Swan pointed out.

What were they classified before as I wonder? Was it humanatarian agency?

In a BBC interview today the spokesmen of Al-Shabab said today that he was happy that the US of A has labeled them a foreign terrorist group. That in itself sums it up all that he and his group have at last made a progress to be in the same ranks as their mother-ship Al-Qaeeda. He could not have been more happier.

Al-shabaab were never freedom fighters and will never be . They are the core of the current dilema in Somalia. They are the reason why we have Xabashi as enforced occupants , they are the reason why even C/llahi Yusuf managed to bring his weak and defunct TFG to rule chaos in the streets of Mogadishu . All this is because what many in here term as heroes and freedom fighters brought about an agenda and war that has or had nothing to do with Somalia, but is simply branching out the war led by Al-qaeeda into Somalia.

Today Al-shabaab are victoriues and promoted in their own understanding, but to many it is the beginiing and creation of a battle ground in this corner of Somalia, with a never ending results.

-Lily-   

Freedom fighters do not kill their own, set up road bombs which take innocent lives. I don't think Al shabab are the answer, if anything, they are aggravating the situation even further. They brought beheadings and bombs to Somalia and their particular brand of Islam is questionable. That they are one step above the TFG, a murdering organisation, does not credit them much.

Xidigo   

Me,

So, Do you support the Alshabaab or

Edeero/Tfg/xabashta? Just wondering.

Ps, I know you are for unity.

Originally posted by -Lily-:

Freedom fighters do not kill their own, set up road bombs which take innocent lives. I don't think Al shabab are the answer, if anything, they are aggravating the situation even further. They brought beheadings and bombs to Somalia and their particular brand of Islam is questionable. That they are one step above the TFG, a murdering organisation, does not credit them much.

^ reminds me of a recent court ruling in Italy blaming a women for wearing jeans as proof she could not have been raped ... 'they brought this on themselves' mentality does not work.

Lily I believe you have the best interest of the common somali at heart unlike some SOLers who are unabashedly pro-xabash and pro-dabo-dhilif. our difference is i believe al-shabaab to be doing the honorable thing by fighting this filth and their dabo dhilif we simply disagree on the methods and to what extent.

The success of their tactics is evident as you can see in this post cowering xabash this is evidence the ends justify the means

Faynuus   

I was dissappointed with Al shabaab's spokesman. He could have said better but he choose to give US and all our enemies the green light to bomb every city of Somalia. Illaahoow na bixi.