Sign in to follow this  
Som@li

United States Designates Somalia's al-Shabab as a Terrorist Group

Good luck to them now that they are offically recgonised by the US and the rest of the international will follow shortly is taking notice of the Shabaabs, soon they will termed 'armed wing' of the the ICU.

as they say is better top be lepelled than be ingnored altogether

Fabregas   

Originally posted by Malika:

^Am disappointed yaa Geeljire,why do you need to explain anything..you is the Al Shabaab,the new warriors of Somali resistance,maxaa kenee "explain myself"
redface.gif

Where is the burning fire,the determination at any cost gone?
icon_razz.gif

Firstly, sis I don't belong to any particular group. Don't get me in trouble know! I disagree with some of tactics of the ALshabaab. There is no benefit for the Muslim world to follow the path of Alqaeda and their likeminded people. Iraq, Algeria and various other places are enough to teach us that. This an literal, black and white version of Islam whereby a person who is watching movies can be shot point blank point in the head........

Shabaab or dhalinyaro Soomaaliyeed was a created for young Somali Islamists to free the country from warlords( which they did succesfully). They stood on the necks of the beloved clan warrior of ours Somali tribalist; made them run all to Adiss Ababa; and succeded in humilating the toughest warlords of the past 16 years. Unfortunately, some of their leaders are now trying to take them in a different direction. So we can say some people are trying very hard to monopolize and hijack this name for a different agenda.

That is to say they are trying very hard to mimick the global war of Zarqawi and co. These leaders are in the in the minority and of course the T.f.g stooges, Ethiopians and their fellow associates will try their utmost to imply that Osama Bin Laden( or at least his footsoldiers) are leading the war in Somalia. This is very far from the case and the bulk of the mainstream movement of the Islamic Courts still exists. The young men who are taking on Meles Zenawi's genocidal policies in the horn are not terrorists nor are they working for Osama Bin Laden.

As for the American adminstration: I would have thought that their policy in the horn( supporting Meles Zenawi and his likes) was enough to create another generation of Alshabaabs for the next 30 years?

Fabregas   

Originally posted by Juje:

quote:

. They are the reason why we have Xabashi as enforced occupants , they are the reason why even C/llahi Yusuf managed to bring his weak and defunct TFG to rule chaos in the streets of Mogadishu .
Xabashi baa timi iyo Abullahi Yusuf maxaad ugu marmarsiyoon? Don't remember farxaadi ka dhacaysey, when you though your Ethiopian freinds and the T.F.G(legitimate government to you) defeated and destroyed the Islamic Courts? I don't particularly remember you being concerned at all with Somalia being invaded or Abdullahi Yusuf coming to Muqdisho on Ethiopians Tanks? In fact, you and your likeminded chaps told us it was time to get on board with the T.F.G agenda! Where was all the concern and tears for Somali and Somalis during that time? Mise hadaad hurdada ka kacday?

Juje   

Originally posted by Abu_Geeljire:

Mise hadaad hurdada ka kacday?

Adiga weli waa jifta ka waran.!

Which part of that Al-Shabab are the core reason to current fiasco did you not understand sxb?

^^^Its a setback for Abdiqasin, Ahmd Diriye and the clowns who use the name of the clan and then send children to bomb innocents.

Its a setback for the groups who wanted Nur Cade to legitimise the Al-kebaab.

Its a good move, this group needs to be destroyed, and they will be.

^^^No just the the armed gangs and their institutions. Al-Kebaab, Clan courts, Looters Inc and any group that stands in the way of governance.

I would not want any attacks on the secessionist enclave or any other political group.

This just preempts good Nur Cadde’s effort to draw al shabaab youths into some sort of negotiation! Alas, both the designees and the designator seem to be agnostic about the consequence of this move as it regards Nur’s recent peace gestures!

Nur Cadde’s effort, however noble it might have been, seem to have still-borne, and we are left to pray for some other mode to be found to settle and resolve this stubborn SOMALI conflict!

Nin walaalki geed ugu jiraa geesi noqonwaaye

Gacantii ninkeed goynayyaa waa gumuduntaaye…

Fabregas   

Originally posted by General Duke:

^^^Its a setback for Abdiqasin, Ahmd Diriye and the clowns who use the name of the clan and then send children to bomb innocents.

Its a setback for the groups who wanted Nur Cade to legitimise the Al-kebaab.

Its a good move, this group needs to be destroyed, and they will be.

Truth be told Saxiib, this move won't have the slightest impact on Somali politics. The Americans adminstration has been at war with certain Somali groups since 9/11. This latest declaration doesn't alter that path.

As I said before: the american adminstration and Meles Zenawi's policy in Somalia is a dream come true to any potential Shabaab recruiter!

As for Abdiqasin, no offense, but to me it seems that it's perhaps you that has something against his sub-clan and personality? I mean, just yesterday the man calls for a withdrawal of foreign troops, an end to violence and reconcialtion between all Somali groups. And there are you badmouthing the guy. This angers you because the likes of you want thousands of Ethiopians troops and perhaps even even American troops? In order that your cultish-warlord of a tribal hero enjoys his supposed hegemony over his opponents. Moreover, you fear is that Mr Nur's paths towards reconcialition( which I dont buy anway) could potentially sideline the ailing body and politics of your clan hero. Tell me I made this all up?

^^You are agreeing with Duke without noticing it!

Both of you want to win this war by destroying the other part of somali conflict because they are evil!

Kashafa   

^^ There is only side in this conflict that is pure evil, treachery, and adoon-nimo, never-before-seen in the history of Somali existence. They go by names like Gheedi, Yey, Nur Cade, Qaybdiid, Hiiraale, Shaatiguduud and their few clan cattle militia. The vast majority of Ummada Soomaaliyeed and Somalida Xalaasha ah see it like that. Only a misguided few try to muddy the waters with flawed moral relativism. Only a misguided few try to equate between time-honored resistance and the God-given right to Gobonimo and between dhulified dhabo-dhilifs, serving the cause of foreign imperial interests.

Sidaas oo ogow, Xiin-ow. Where you see a zero-sum conflict, we see a battle for the very soul of Somalia, a battle where the stakes have never been higher.

Fabregas   

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

^^You are agreeing with Duke without noticing it!

Both of you want to win this war by destroying the other part of somali conflict because they are evil!

Ninka ka yimi all the way from Axum is not part of any Somali conflict or civil war (as some of our confused pundits put it)! Maybe if you had said that in June 2006..you would've had a point...! There's no civil or Somali conflict today!

Abu-Geeljire, maybe you are new to SOL, but as vetrens like Xiin can attest, this type of announcement and move does have an effect.

Many states that the UN resoloution taking out the arms embargo would have no effect on the courts, a couple of weeks later them and their Eritrean/OLF handlers were routed.

Now this US announcement is big, the EU will folllow and so will the UN. The armed bandits are in trouble.

But their supporters will say no as ussual.