Sign in to follow this  
Emperor

26 June, In memory of the great Sayid Mohamed Abdille Hassan

Thanks Emperor for this great history of our forefathers' struggle and achievements.

This is the second biggest Fort of the Dervishes in Badhan, Sanag.

sayedgm9.jpg

Gabbal   

The irony here is Emperor starting a topic praising a man's resistance against foreign imperialism based on religious grounds!

Castro   

Originally posted by HornAfrique:

The irony here is Emperor starting a topic praising a man's resistance against foreign imperialism based on religious grounds!

Horn, I must admit your brilliance has always been there but sadly it was overshadowed by an uncharacteristic obsession with Hiiraale. :D

I salute you for pointing out this amazing irony: Emperor is a closet admirer of Al-Shabaab.

Who would have thunk it? :D

There's hope for all my brothers, even the ones from Puntland. I have not given up on you.

^ count Naxar in as well .. with just a little bit more effort the whole gang will soon come out of the closet Duke,koore,Naxar,Emperor :D

Originally posted by Geel_jire:

quote:

Originally posted by Naxar Nugaaleed:

Xaaji,
the greatness of the Sayid is beyond dispute. As the leader of one of Africa's longest rebellion against the British, he is admired in every corner, "Somaliland" or otherwise. his harsh tactics you must understand, thats is the only way to lead Somalis. As for some opportunistic sycophants of the British empire who that they could personally profit from being the Englishmen's informer, they deserve every bit of the sayid"s wrath. Personally, there were both opportunist and rebels on both sides of my family but after independence, i have never seen even the former opportunists bad mouthing the Great Sayid.

^ this must be what Cige is referring to

let me extrapolate adeer ... the above statement is equally true of the bottom one.

Originally posted by Naxar Nugaaleed:

Xaaji, the greatness of the
shabaab
is beyond dispute. As the leader of one of Africa's longest rebellion against the
Ethiopin
they are admired in every corner, "Somaliland" or otherwise. thier harsh tactics you must understand, thats is the only way to lead Somalis. As for some opportunistic sycophants of the
Ethiopians
who thought they could personally profit from being the
Ethiopians's
informer, they deserve every bit of the
shabaab's
wrath.

^ where is the difference Naxar .. the shabaab are doing exactly what you admire the sayid for ?

Cige   

Unless You admit he (sayid) has Killed thousands of fellow Somalis as well you are REAL Somali :D

and Alshabaab today killed and displaced thousands (just yesterday they slaughtered nine police men) and many people fled from dayniile fearing consquences. so unless you look at both sdies of the COIN you're real Somali :confused:

Somaliland yaa diidan?

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by Emperor:

Norf adeer I, the whole of the TFG crew, the President of Somalia Mr. Yusuf Yey and his ministers, A. Qasim and the whole of his TNG, Siad Barre and the former Somali governments. Shariif Ahmed, Osman Ato, the headless kids of Alshaab movement and the rest of the Somali people will honour and respect this great man alike, he's the founder and inspirational spirit of the Somali unity.

Stop twisting words and turning this into Alshabaab/TFG thread, its not a coincedance that some few secessionits hate Sayid Maxamed because of ill-concieved, uncalculated and clanishly overrated or exagerated prejudice.

In other words you can't answer my earlier question. Why am I not surprised? :D

Emperor   

^Adeer I have answered your question, you lack comprehnsion when an argument isn't formulated your way of liking, that's selective and narrow mindedness. Appreciate different pespectives, diffent derivatives.

Your question:

Emp & Dabshid, can you reconcile support/admiration for the M Abdullah Hassan (what he stood for etc) and your support for the TFG (and their actions) today?

Indeed, yes, I can reconcile and I see no contraditions at all. That was good enough answer for you, I guess. But If you wanted me to eloborate more then I did, and added that the TFG and the President of Somalia Yusuf Yey will honour Sayid Mohamed, in fact he's the fist leader of post war Somalia who initiated to reinstate and rebuild the statue of the great M Abdullah, not only that but other iconic national symbols and hotspots of the beautiful city of Mogadishu. Is the President ironic or contradicting himself, are you saying the whole of the TFG crew and most of the Somalis in the South who are against Alshabaab and want to see law, order and governance but have high esteem and respect for the Sayid are making contradictions, and of all people you Norf is right.... Waar way to go. However, lets not dwell into this and lose course, the topic of today is the hero Sayid Mohamed, what have you got to say about him? Add your bit or cut lose and stop the exuses hiding behind the shadows of Emperor's stand. My contraditions aren't important here, it's my business but what's your stance of the great Sayid.

Horn, Adeer I pity you, any support or thereof lack of it of any 'religious' wars against foreigners centuries interval doesn't necessarily warant irony, there are different facts and discripancies on the ground. If you don't appreciate it, I do. Are you comparing, on one hand, Sayid Mohamed's struggle and hundred's of thousands of organised young dervish warriors with the least amount of conventional weapons agaisnt the British Empire which lasted for 21 long years, an on the other hand, the confused and brainwashed less than few dozens so called Alkebaab. Mate that's null and void I tell, Meelbaad uga dhacday sharaftii daraawiishta, xaal baan kuugu imaanaynaa aniga iyo laba darwiish ee isdiyaari :D . Again, this topic is not about me but a reminder of the struggle of one who can unite us all Somalis, so why avoid to comment and instead the necessity urge to change the intent of the thread.

As for the communist Marxist cuban admirer, adeer why hide behind other's comments, can't your brain come up with something to add on your own. Do you stil wonder of the connections between the first man who blew the whistle and challenged the presence of the British colonialists and the day, 26 June, they departed British Somaliland. Remember thats is not my opinion but historical facts. What he did wasn't just an empty challenge or lame words alone but mobalised an army of dervished to fight and enthrusted that spirit into the Somali people from Ras Komboni to Ras asayr. I hope you now know the great link. All historical facts.

You have problems with the ones from Puntland?

N.O.R.F   

Nice little dance there :D

Indeed, yes, I can reconcile and I see no contraditions at all. That was good enough answer for you, I guess. But If you wanted me to eloborate more then I did, and added that the TFG and the President of Somalia Yusuf Yey will honour Sayid Mohamed, in fact he's the fist leader of post war Somalia who initiated to reinstate and rebuild the statue of the great M Abdullah, not only that but other iconic national symbols and hotspots of the beautiful city of Mogadishu. Is the President ironic or contradicting himself, are you saying the whole of the TFG crew and most of the Somalis in the South who are against Alshabaab and want to see law, order and governance but have high esteem and respect for the Sayid are making contradictions, and of all people you Norf is right.... Waar way to go. However, lets not dwell into this and lose course, the topic of today is the hero Sayid Mohamed, what have you got to say about him? Add your bit or cut lose and stop the exuses hiding behind the shadows of Emperor's stand. My contraditions aren't important here, it's my business but what's your stance of the great Sayid.

That is not the answer to the question and you know it mate ;) . The question wasn't about Yeey honouring him (can Yeey 'honour' anyone horta?) aswell.

Let me repeat and clarify just in case you lack comprehension (chosen at that).

Emp & Dabshid, can you reconcile support/admiration for the M Abdullah Hassan (what he stood for etc) and your support for the TFG (and their actions) today?

Now considering the actions of M Abdullah Hassan and that of the TFG and Yeey are contradictory with regard to an occupaying force, how do you reconcile your support for both?

Leave out the nonesense and try to answer the question.

Emperor   

^You make no sense man and can't see things from other people's perspective. I don't see an occupaying force in Somalia, period. You have such a small brain, let us first of all agree/disagree wether there is occupation in Somalia or not, then jump to the reconciling bit...

Do have you any comment to say about the struggle of Sayid Mohamed?

N.O.R.F   

I make perfect sense. My question makes perfect sense. All it needs is an answer. If you can't provide one just say so.

How do we agree and disagree whether Somalia is occupied today? I will use the UN's very own terminolgy/definition aswell as other organisations'. What will you use?

Go on, show us you have a big brain :D

Emperor   

^Go on show us the UN's own terminology refering Somalia as a country under occupation, unlike the secess fiefdom the UN fully recongizes and supports this government, they blessed the peace keeping forces, you are shooting yourself in the foot mate...

All you have is nonsense and want to drag and turn this noble Sayid Mohamed thread into trash...

I am asking for the third time, ignore and let all readers see your hypocritical presence and addition to the thread, Care to eloborate your stance of the Sayid Mohamed's struggle?

Why dwell on my personal stance, I am not a VIP.

Fabregas   

Sayid Muhamad fought to expel Abysnians from Somali Territory, a war which is still happening in the Somali Galbeed. Abdullah Yusuf and his cohorts led Abysian forces to Somali Territory and even shamefully let them hoist the flag of Solomon at a Muqdisho ceremony. Labada fakar, they will never reconcile, Sayid Muhmad, Gaalo so duushay, weligi ma soo dhaweyn eh!

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by Emperor:

^Go on show us the UN's own terminology refering Somalia as a country under occupation, unlike the secess fiefdom the UN fully recongizes and supports this government, they blessed the peace keeping forces, you are shooting yourself in the foot mate...

All you have is nonsense and want to drag and turn this noble Sayid Mohamed thread into trash...

I am asking for the third time, ignore and let all readers see your hypocritical presence and addition to the thread, Care to eloborate your stance of the Sayid Mohamed's struggle?

Why dwell on my personal stance, I am not a VIP.

The onus is on you to answer the question. Within your answer you should state why you think Ethiopia somehow doesn't occupy Somalia thus reconciling your support for the Sayid and the TFG. Give it a go it you can ;)

The peace keeping forces under the UN resolution passed last year clearly states that they should not be from neighbouring states and does not recognise Ethiopia as a peacekeeper. I though that was obvious (especially with the recent peace deal signed) but hey, selective comprehension and all that ;)

Let me know when you have dropped your plums and can actually muster up a half decent argument ;)