Sign in to follow this  
Emperor

26 June, In memory of the great Sayid Mohamed Abdille Hassan

Sayid Mahamed was a somali hero. We should all appreciate what he has done for us regardless of our qabiil differences.

ninkii rag ah oo wax riixi kariyo

rigada ha la geeyo reer xamar ]

Nephissa   

Originally posted by The Zack:

Xunduf,

To mention one of things the good sayd did, when the sayd first came to Berbera he stopped by an orphanage camp, by talking to some of the Somali orphans in that camp, he asked what their names were, and the first three claimed their names were David, John and Peter, he asked what their religion was and they had no idea at the time. Point of the story: The so called Somaliland could've been all christians by now if the sayd was never there.

You should appreciate that adeer.

haram 3aleek ya akhi. :rolleyes: :D

xiinow muqdisho ayey u malayn doonaan markii xamar la dhoho.

Sayid Mahamed was ahead of his generation. One of my favorite books is "qaamuuskii gabayada Sayidka" If it was not AW Jaamac iyo Idaajaa a lot of his poems and history would have been lost. Thanks to them.

Naakhuudayaal iyo kufraad, nabiyo moodeene

Nacaluhu kuwuu fuulay baad, daba nashlaysaane

Nasab haddii aad tihiin gaaladaad, nici lahaydeene

LANDER   

Turning the self-proclaimed Sayid into some type of National Hero is the work of the former 'revolutionary' dictatorship, this thread and others like it, that attempt to correlate historical events which have virtually no positive correlation shows just how well entrenched the old methods have become.

Nephytis the english had 40 years the time to make the holl SOmaliland Christian war waxaasii wa propoganda maqaaxiida slamaha ku sheekeyaa Somaliland ayaanu ka badbaadiinay ingrees.

Originally posted by LANDER:

Turning the self-proclaimed Sayid into some type of National Hero is the work of the former 'revolutionary' dictatorship, this thread and others like it, that attempt to correlate historical events which have virtually no positive correlation shows just how well entrenched the old methods have become.

Really! That you think so is a sign of ignorance yaa Landka!

Sayidku was a great leader. He single handedly led a movement of dervishes in resistance to the British Empires colonial designs. There is a western and Arabic literature out there available to you if you want to read it.

LANDER   

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

Really! That you think so is a sign of ignorance yaa Landka!

Sayidku was a great leader. He single handedly led a movement of dervishes in resistance to the British Empires colonial designs. There is a western and Arabic literature out there available to you if you want to read it.

^That you make assumptions about my supposed 'ignorance' is presumptive on your part as usual. Be that as it may, stating that Ina Abdulle Xassan had leadership qualities and led a movement is just stating the obvious, your not addressing the historical fallacy in question here. That is linking June 26th 1960 (which seems to have come back into relevance amongst our southern Brethren)to Ina Abdulle Hassan's dervishes nearly four decades prior. Let me be bold enough to state what should be a matter of historical fact, June 26th 1960 did not take place because of the Sayid. Maybe you will write us a poem on this thread making reference to mythical visions of the Sayid seated on top Xiinfaniin that sent the British packing on that historical day in 1960, I'm not sure how your going to approach this one but sophistry can be entertaining I suppose.

Castro   

Be that as it may, stating that Ina Abdulle Xassan had leadership qualities and led a movement is just stating the obvious, your not addressing the historical fallacy in question here. That is linking June 26th 1960 (which seems to have come back into relevance amongst our southern Brethren)to Ina Abdulle Hassan's dervishes nearly four decades prior. Let me be bold enough to state what should be a matter of historical fact, June 26th 1960 did not take place because of the Sayid.

You're on the money here. What's even worse than this nonexistent correlation you mentioned is that the poster of this topic simultaneously cheers the Ethiopian occupation today while reminiscing about the Sayyid who fought a similar attempt by Abyssinia a century earlier.

lol@Sayid seated on top of Xiinfaniin!

You have a point there! One can reasonably question whether Sayid's movement had anything to do with the subsequent formation of SYL! It’s my opinion however that the youth sought to pursue the vision of Somali weyne! And no sane and impartial person can argue against Sayid’s role in shaping that notion!

But we can differ on that.

For anyone speacially those who were raised int he west and want to read up on the Sayid.

The Book Divine Madness by Abdi Shiekh Abdi is a must read.

LANDER   

Originally posted by General Duke:

For anyone speacially those who were raised int he west and want to read up on the Sayid.

The Book Divine Madness by Abdi Shiekh Abdi is a must read.

Read it^

it was hogwash, the book by Jardine was a more coherent read. The british for their part though, tend to romanticize characters like the Sayid, in that 'Noble Savage' fashion. More suited for the ears of westerners seeking great tails of adventure.

Xaaji, the greatness of the Sayid is beyond dispute. As the leader of one of Africa's longest rebellion against the British, he is admired in every corner, "Somaliland" or otherwise. his harsh tactics you must understand, thats is the only way to lead Somalis. As for some opportunistic sycophants of the British empire who that they could personally profit from being the Englishmen's informer, they deserve every bit of the sayid"s wrath. Personally, there were both opportunist and rebels on both sides of my family but after independence, i have never seen even the former opportunists bad mouthing the Great Sayid.

BTW LOL@ where is the Sayid, they sold the statue as scrap medal in dubai.