Sign in to follow this  
GAAROODI

RECENT VIDEO..OF HARGAISA, THE GREATEST CITY!

RedSea   

^ :D @durriyada. That gal is something spcial. The feelings I have for her are eternal. Almost as if she is instilled in my vital organs.

Thankful   

LOOOOOOL HAHAHAH :D:D

According to GAAROODI Hargeysa looks like L.A.

Wallahi I can't stop laughing at the comparison!!!

The city has made impressive achievements their is no deny it. From security to buildings, but it is when you exaggerate and try and say the places looks like Los Angeles.

Wait Wait, maybe when Gaaroodi said LA, he ment Lascaanod? ;) loooool

Paragon   

'Caashaqu wadaad maleh, walaaloowna kuma haro...'

Amina C/llaahi soo ma ahayn horta?

PS: Hargeysa is a beautiful SOMALI city. ;)

BTW the cameraman should be sacked. Dizzying. And switch off his mobile? :D

Where do people get this estimate of 1.5m people? I’ve been to many cities that are a million+ , and Hargeisa doesn’t compare.

And i can guarantee you that the population of Hargeisa is around 500,000 max. A more conservative estimate would be in the range of 400,000. And the entire population of Somaliland would be in the region of 1.9 million. Where people get this figure of 3.5m is bizarre. I mean you can drive from one side of the city to the other in a half hour. Berbera is a ghost town literally, and Burco is a mini Hargeisa.

Plus if you visit you’ll see for yourself.

This isn’t a bad thing of course.

PS! Before someone accuses me of speaking nonsense, let me just say I’m from Hargeisa and have visited many parts of the country on numerous occasions.

GAAROODI   

Its like asking a mental patient in china what the population of finland is, you kids have no idea but watch and enjoy.....cause that aint your nation that is my nation...alot better then anything you have.

loooooool, so be as bitter as you like. loooool, boooo hoooo hoooo !

loooool,

GAAROODI   

Another amazing video...WE BUILT A NATION IN 16 YEARS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwc8ibjQUyE&NR=1

There are so many video's, but this will be my last...

oh yeah... these kids..crying about hargaisa, loool...boooo hooo hooo. I rebuilt my entire nation in 16 years saxib. Using the very stones of the houses your planes bombed.

Take care, i felt like posting these video's because this winter is a killer one in the U.K.

Herer   

Gaaroodi thanks for posting these vids. truly somaliland is a shining star in a dark continent.

I hope somali bro's take these vids as lecture.

“Its like asking a mental patient in china what the population of finland is”

I’m lost, a mental patient in china presuming he is an average china-man, will have no idea about the population of Finland, especially a deranged one at that.

“you kids have no idea”

Actually I’m not a kid, and I’ve been back many times including last time which was 2009.

“so be as bitter as you like”

Who is bitter, I was just simply correcting this misinformation that’s spread about like it’s a fact.

I’m from Somaliland telling another socalled somalilander that his numbers are wrong when it comes to population of Somaliland and its major cities.

“oh yeah... these kids..crying about hargaisa, loool...boooo hooo hooo. I rebuilt my entire nation in 16 years saxib.”

Again what you on about here, its like your making shit up, who is crying about Hargeisa, and it sounds like we have you to thank for the developments of hargeisa.

Chill out man and think objectively and rationally.

Once you do you quickly realize Hargeisa doesn’t have a population of 1.5 million. Just think about it for goodness sake. its bloody obvious to anyone who's been.

Peace

RedSea   

Arch,

You might be from Hargeisa, but you are deprived of the facts. official UN estimates were around 600k back in 2001, now it's more like 800-900k. I also think the 1.5 is way over the top as well. Every house is packed with father and mother and their 10 kids..do the math. lool

Redsea,

Whilst agreeing that Hargeisa is probably the most densely populated area in Somaliland, i nevertheless have to question these estimated UN figures.

Now i could be wrong here but the last time i was there 2009, i travelled greatly and found the country to be sparsely populated. Given Hargeisa’s staggering exponential growth during the last decade i still have to contend with the notion that the entire population of Somaliland is in the region of 3.5 million. Just because Hargeisa has seen rapid growth doesn’t mean the rest of the country did.

However i accept you point, perhaps if we had more reliable statistics from the Mayor’s Office, then we could put this debate to bed once and for all.

I just have my reservations that’s all.

PS! UN estimates are not necessarily kosher facts and the end all in themselves.