Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Duke’s manifesto for Somalia a path to restoring the republic.

UZTAAD   

Ibtisam , I am not expert on religous affairs I was saying it I have seen other doing , which political roles they are allowed if any, for example Ministers, mps itc if can educate us it is ok.

Ibtisam   

Uztaad, what people do and Islam in its literature are not the same. smile.gif As for the roles women are allowed, it is not so much as the roles but rather the environment. So she can play any role aside from the leader as long as the conditions and enviroment remains islamic. Sitting and debating with a bunch of guys who are not her mahram is out of her normal environment, but it does not mean she cannot be minister of education. I will send you some links if you like. I'm sure you'll gain more form them. smile.gif

Oodweyne, it means you are too sensitive and hot blooded if you nearly came to blow with people over different of opinion. Are you sure you did not spend a few too many years in Burco :D I don’t think Abu Salma is like the Hizbu tahrir or Al Muhajurin in his theories, I just think maybe he did not develop his ideas fully yet. At least hear him out fully before you attack him.

P.s. Even in Ramadan you could not take a break huh icon_razz.gif

^ :D first of all thank you for shortening your response for my midget brain. otherwise i would not got anything you said.

now i'll leave you alone

Ibtisam   

Looool You guys are mad seriously!

S*S and Co, you can run your mouth up to me any day, but you need a referral to chat to our men. And yes I am their spokes person when it comes to answering those with so called midget brains icon_razz.gif

Seriously stop being ciyaal suuq, maaxa ku haadlesan. :eek:

Liqaye   

Ibtisam would you not be debating with non-maharam as the education minister as well, indeed would not that be a position of leadership, that you have removed yourself from?

Thankful   

Duke back to your manifesto, you have very good points and everyone should get involved in this debate.

On thing that we must address is Qabiil, it's a sickness that has taken over the nation, where people are no longer chosen solely on their qualifications but also where they belong to. We need to address this problem and eradicate it. In Hargeysa NW Somalia both opposition leaders are from the same family and so is the vice pres. You can see some of this in those fighting in Kismayo, Puntland and other areas.

Maybe we need to be radical and adopt a law that forbids people talking about it. It is probably unrealistic, but something must be done. The colonialists exploited this (like in many other countries) to divide and conquer.

I know many don't like talking about this and it is against the SOL golden rules, but nothing will improve until we look past this problem. I believe the religious leaders can play the biggest role in forgetting about how useless it is.

Ibtisam   

Originally posted by Jalle Liqaye:

Ibtisam would you not be debating with non-maharam as the education minister as well, indeed would not that be a position of leadership, that you have removed yourself from?

I don't think you understood me brother, I said it is not the role (i.e. Education minister, health or whatever else) that is the problem, the role can be taken by a women, but rather the environment which will limit her. As for it being a position of leadership, again the problem is not with being a role of leadership, but rather Islam not allowing women to LEAD a nation. An education minister or any other position cannot be said to be leading or heading a nation. She just needs the space and environment to work, hence see my suggestion above about parallel departments.

Originally posted by Jalle Liqaye:

the law was passed and failed miserably during the Barre era.

The law was good,and did not fail. It was broken by the very people who suppose to enforce it.

Ina Iidaan Faarax captured it in his undying verses :

Shil ma helin duqdii mana ay dhiman oo shaarna loo geliyye

Iyadoo shinkeedii qabtay shaanbisaa weliyye

Shanshadeeda ruuxii necbaa oo sheega la afduubye

waxaa shooki loo dhigay wadani sheeg haddaad garatto?

he also pointed out that the national procession of qabiil jenaazah was sham

Show waa marnaa nacashkii aad daba shalaabteenne

Misna shay la aas aan la tabin shaqalla saarnaaye

Xabaashii wixii lagu shabaqay sheeg haddaad garatoo