Sign in to follow this  
NASSIR

Calling each other Pirates

Abtigiis   

Cowke is falsifying history. Yey was arrested because of his failure to accept Mengistu's orders. But it was not because he was asked to give Somaligalbeed to Ethiopia. SSDF was a rebel group and Ethiopia knew it was a waste of time to get their approval on the matter.

Saalax   

A&T indeed but the real story was when the ethiopians invaded Goldogob and they told abdulahi yusuf to plant the ethiopian flag in that town when he refused they imprisoned him.

Abtigiis   

That is one case but he was finally arrested becase Mengistu wanted to form a common front against Somalia and Abdullahi refused to join hands with other rebel groups, specifically SNM. That much I am told. I am also told that senior SSDF comrades were accusing him of many things as part of their in-fighting.

Saalax   

A&T , Actually in the beginning SNM and SSDF tried to work together but they couldn't agree on some points on the table, and SNM never really trusted SSDF to begin with so they chose their new allies as USC and SPM which proved to be a success teamwork, SNM were too clever to trust SSDF they knew about their backstabbing tactics and the fact SNM and SSDF never had the same agenda that much , SNM had more in common with USC and SPM.

RedSea   

Originally posted by *Ibtisam:

Cowke, we get it, your clan is the shid, better than all others, the biggest, the brave, of all shid. They were born to rule, to kill, to rape, to steal (did I forget anything?) oh yes to boast. Now run along will you, you've embarrassed yourself enough, clan iyo ciid kalen wax kuu falmiso a 1980s well fed kid in the Diaspora.

lool ahaha :D .

Jacpher   

^Last I checked pirate was a noun for someone who robs at sea. If you're so keen about throwing at me or others, man enough to back it up?

Cowke   

A & T...Abdullahi Yusuf Indeed refused ethiopia presence in somalia area's that included galgogob and ******iya.

But he fell out with the Ethiopians over their claim to areas of Somalia and was jailed in Addis Ababa in 1985.

Source: BBC

Ask yourself did aideed take such measures? No. Why? Because he wanted ethiopia to take over. If he didn't he would be jailed as well by the ethiopians which he never was!!! Aideed was only jailed by siyad barre and so was yusuf!!!

Learn history and don't try to twist it to suit you!!! Aideed was an evil man. Even his son said "ethiopia iyo somalia need to have no borders" in his infamous speech!!!

NASSIR   

Originally posted by Jacphar:

All this hate because a man simply suggested to stop using offensive reference for a third of the country.

Indeed Jacphar.

Abtigiis, is that why Kenya Deputy Speaker went to Las Anod to score points against the "Pirates"?

I thought tolka's view of Las Anod owners was that of mutual respect and support, but reading some of the comments made by Zack and Dejiye, he was on a mission to tip the balance in favor of the secessionists. The Dervishes might retaliate the actions of Farah if members endorse.

Ibtisam   

^^Are you and Jacphar Blind?? Maxaad isgu jeepinsan? all this hate (in this thread at least) is coming from one direction. There are people bragging about rape and murder of other Somalis, and you want us to be worried that outsiders on this forum who will use "pirates" as reference because we (Somalis) normalised it as a label. How about them calling us a bunch of psychos who take pride in rape and mass murder. I’d rather we are called pirates as Somalis than murders and rapist, seems like your priority is a little twisted, at least pirating can be explained away.

Abtigiis   

Tolka's view of the owners of Las Anod is unequivocal. It is of highest regard, respect and feeling of indebtedness for their sincere and continous sympathy and moral support.

What Farah Mo'allin said as a politician is not reflective of what the Tolka think of the matter. As far I know, there was a huge uproar and discomfort about Faarax's utterances. I have personally written to him protesting his position on Somaliland.

NASSIR   

Ibtisam, I am asking whether the pirates can be selectively applied to one region or the clan that hails from that region in a rather systematic use? On the other hand, how can we succumb to the international media's version of Somali piracy on the high seas. Where is "the other pirates" and their criminal activities on our shores that siphon nearly $.5M off our marine resources or the cost of the after effects of their pollution?