Sign in to follow this  
Emperor

London: Meet Puntland Presidential candidate Nuradin tomorrow, Saturday 18/10/2008

Nuradinmania indeed, he is new bred of Somali politician. He is young, very charismatic, and extremely intelligent(i sound like selling the dude eh.)I guess a lot of ya'll know him too and confirm my assertions.

Paragon, there is some sort of understanding between him(Nuradin)and Gen Ilka-jiir, and I have the sense that them two might pair(pre/vp) if one wins. I know they are 2 front runners that will likely win(if fair selection is held that is.) Let us just hope that Cadde does come back.

Ms DD   

I never heard of the guy. Could someone tell me his credentials? I might just go to the Irish Centre to see him.

^^Go and see him. He is a nice guy. What i like about him, he is the first somali i met who can make good use of statistics. Very persuasive.

Ms DD go.

Blessed   

He's a decent brother, M'A. I wish there were more ppl like him in Somali politics.

All the best. Reer PL would do well with a leader like him. smile.gif

The Zack   

According to his website:

"Nuuradiin Aaden Diiriye wuxuu shaaca ka qaadayaa in goballada Sool ,Sanaag & Cayn uu dhamaanba ka saari doono ciidamada kusoo duuley, anigu marnaba raali kama noqonayo in lahaysto goboladii laf dhabarta u ahaa dhisidii Puntland iyo in la heysto taako ka mid ah deegaanada Puntland."

peasant   

The amount of education and experiance on his CV is enough to convince anyone he will do much better than Cade. But for now the biggest hurdle of all is how will his message reach the masses in puntland. As I of heard the old man already started his dirty tactic of buying votes and manipulating the parliament to secure the seat. There are also other bunch of Cade like phonies to consider (the ex generals and etc), who after collecting welfare overseas for sometime decided to go back and run for the top seat as well. I guess we should be all optimistic and hope for the best to happen insha'allah.

Nuradin 09

peasant   

Zack I dont think he is the sort of a leader who would start with with war before diplomacy and everyone hopes sool and sanaag are resolved with out blood shed.

Originally posted by The Zack:

According to his website:

"Nuuradiin Aaden Diiriye wuxuu shaaca ka qaadayaa in goballada Sool ,Sanaag & Cayn uu dhamaanba ka saari doono ciidamada kusoo duuley, anigu marnaba raali kama noqonayo in lahaysto goboladii laf dhabarta u ahaa dhisidii Puntland iyo in la heysto taako ka mid ah deegaanada Puntland."

The Zack   

Peasant,

He said this "dhamaanba ka saari doono ciidmada kusoo duulay". Sure he will try diplomacy first but if that doesn't work, the only option left will be kicking their behind out of the region lol. Do you smell that war, too?

Ninkaan waa buun buuniseynee, see waayena. Teeda kalena yaa dooranaayo, oo la dooranaa? I don't know how you can call this doorasho. Yaa u codeynaayo? The masses? The registered voters?

Oh, I see. He will be selected in a secret vote taken on regional parliament by regional xildhibaano. So it is selection, after all, and not an election. And who are those fine gentlemen and marwooyin who will select him and other candidates? The same people who selected Cadde Muuse, no?

And while we are on the subject, who selects themselves, the fine xildhibaano, I mean? Ma iyagaa ismagacaabay, mise reerahooda soo magacaabay mise laaluush lagu keenay meesha?

peasant   

^ The xildhibaans are chosen by their families and they represent the masses and no one is arguing that is the best system but then every society does things differently according to their circumstances and now in Puntland the Xildhibaans are the Ayottalahs. Kapish? As for choosing Cade in the past, well no society is immune to making silly choices and Dubya is a define proof for that.

Zack

No ruler takes military option of off the table but then that is only necessary when all other options are exhausted. Somaliland already has internal squabbles between parties and Aw Riyaale seat is not on a firm frame.

NinBrown   

MMA adi maxaa ka soo horjeedaa oo ku dhibaaaya...ma kufahmin waxaa maanta dhan ku dul wareegeysid. This is how the do it in that place.

Cige   

Ninkaan waa buun buuniseynee, see waayena. Teeda kalena yaa dooranaayo, oo la dooranaa? I don't know how you can call this doorasho. Yaa u codeynaayo? The masses? The registered voters?

Oh, I see. He will be selected in a secret vote taken on regional parliament by regional xildhibaano. So it is selection, after all, and not an election. And who are those fine gentlemen and marwooyin who will select him and other candidates? The same people who selected Cadde Muuse, no?

And while we are on the subject, who selects themselves, the fine xildhibaano, I mean? Ma iyagaa ismagacaabay, mise reerahooda soo magacaabay mise laaluush lagu keenay meesha?

MMA is right, these guys were not even selected their Qabiilis, they came there through Garabeeshin and ill-advised slelections and very few of them represent the general view (majority) of their clans.

they will elect the next president (not the mass) and anyone who fills their pockets will win....

that's the bitter REALITY.

These campains here and there are nothing but SHOW OF MUSCLES