Sign in to follow this  
Fiqikhayre

Puntland Flag and Coat of Arms approved today by Legislative!

Ibtisam   

^^^Your point is?? I did not say they were not Somali or that they should not have made it. I just pointed out something that she might not have been aware, that the blue flag and song were first raised, sang and designed in Hargisa by people who originated in the North.

Originally posted by *Ibtisam:

quote:

Originally posted by Kool_Kat:

quote:Originally posted by MAXIMUS POWERS:

Somalilanders are the only people capable of designing flags.
We designed the blue flag

Yaah? Which blue flag are you referring to?

I am feeling FiqiKhair's added touch to the new flag...Well done...
Sister you seem surprised,
the blue one aad haada la roortan
iyo the song aad ku heestan ba,
nimaan uu dashey the clans of what is now called Somaliland aya sameyeh
:D

Puntland has a flag now. Okay,
Mohammed Awale Liban was Somalilander?? that is news to me - i always taught that he was reer qardhood :Dicon_razz.gif

Ibti where did you hear that from?

Ibti is right that the flag was raised first in Hargaysa. However the designer of the flag was not from Somaliland, she got that wrong. Thats an honest mistake though..

Ibtisam   

^^@ Sayid: Can't have been from Qardho- although you think everyone is from Qardho. They say he was either from Duke's clan the big MJs or closer in the disputed SSC area. Don't know which one is true. But Timo Caadee there is no dispute.

As for where I heard it from; probably read it somewhere or another. icon_razz.gif

Zack Mohammed Awale Liban designed it all on his own and presented it to the somali council. What did Qaasim Hilowle do (do you mean the somali female sufi singer?)

Duke: Don't you think then that Puntiland should keep the blue flag and Somaliland should've taken the song and Sharif should make a new one icon_razz.gif I'm only kidding people :D

^^lool@ Ibti, the blue flag is the national flag of Somalia, Puntland has created a state flag thats all.

No Somaliland should keep the SNM flag as a state flag but should make peace with the blue flag again, it was not the flag that killed people...

Samafal   

Nice flag. The five star is there; the white bit is the symbol of peace that Reer punt are famous of; the green bit is the prosperity that is to come Inshallah. Kudos to the designers

Ibtisam   

Duke:

I don't think they have a problem with the blue flag, in fact some still have one lying around their house for old time sake. The probably just object to the people or the rule more than a flag.

^^^Good point sis, and I am hopefull that if the SNM could make peace with Riyaale and even let him rule, then the people overtime will come back to the fold. A grudge can only last so long..

My dear Ibtisam,

Why must we regurgitate these fallacies?

The Somali flag was by the late ina Cawaale Liibaan, which is where the flag got its nickname ‘Cawaale’ in reference to its originator. He was from Mudug. The Somali national song ‘Soomaaliyey toos’ was created by 'mucallim' Cali Mire Cawaale, a sole ranger from Sool, whose last name incidentally happens to be 'Cawaale'.

So, my dear Ibtisam, why in god’s name should you choose to believe in such fallacies that these were the works of Somalis from Somaliland?

* by the way, may I suggest you read the history of SYL and SNL.

And whilst at it, just congratulate reer Puntland for their flag, and let them be;

And for those of us still very fond of the good old blue, embrace it we shall, and so be we shall;

Addendum:

And indeed the late Cabdillahi Qarshe had spun 'Qolabaa calankeedu' historic song.

Till then,

Ibtisam   

^^read my post above and the guy you mentioned MIGHT have (there is dispute)composed the music, that is not the same as creating the song. It was first sang by the man mentioned by Zack who is the father of the girl I mentioned.

Maybe you need to read a little too ;)

EDIT: As for your addition about Abdullahi Qarshe His song, written and sang by him was never adopted or as popular.

Duke:

For as long as there is NO intact and beautiful fold which is an option to go into, it does not need to be grudge that is keeping them away, but just self preservation and keeping the peace.

Baaye,

Fallaadhi gilgilasho kaagama hadhee, come now come - do away with the half-truths, please.

And yes, we all need to read more of our history,

but give credit where credit is due, no?

Ibtisam   

^^I have, the guy who designed the Calan was from Puntiland. But adiga it kills you ro admit that the Somali national song was from a guy in Hargisa- a known fact which even Duke agrees. aaga