Sign in to follow this  
Fiqikhayre

Puntland Flag and Coat of Arms approved today by Legislative!

UZTAAD   

as I heard there are two men who both claimed that they composed the somali national anthem mire cawaale iyo hilowle , so mire awaare is is the true composer the other guy hilowle popularized it thought radio muqdisho. intaas baan maqlay.

Originally posted by AYOUB:

. But its creation might have ramifications in certain hot spots like Galkacyo.

Galkacyu is a Puntland city, the Galmudug or south area is not part of the state.

Much like Kansas city straddles two states, KS & MO. ;)

AYOUB   

^^ Much like Kansas? Oki.

Miles

There are inconsistencies in the old man story. If Yusuf (AUN) suggested to Cali Mire to change the term qori to dhagax , then he (Yusuf) at the very least knew when the poem was penned. The song was also political (like most of Yusuf X Aadan literature). Yusuf Xaaji Adaan is no longer with us to put his side of the story, so I can only suggest his published biography to anyone interested . It claims several legends ( among them Xudeedi and Cali Sugulle who are still alive) as witnesses to Yusuf X Aadan's copyright of the original poem. Apparently, Sugulle was one of the students at Sheikh. Allah knows best.

RedSea   

I'm speechless about the flag. After all the hubba la that went on here for weeks and months resulted this child play. "it's just state flag" is a good argument though.

as for the emblem dukey says it's original: It's just Somalia's original emblem, but they just changed the leopards and thew in couple of horses for good measure. How original dheh!

Somalia: coat of arms

Ayoub,

That is the horse’s mouth, mate; the old man is clear as one could be, and unlike you I did not detect any discrepancies or inconsistencies in his narrative, and whilst, in the past, I got a wisp of others' claims to have penned the lyrics, as you seem to be supporting, one has to suspend one’s presumptions in order to get fed, or de-cleansed of earlier spins, if one is to get down to the core of it all. Like you, I listened to some of the oldies you mentioned speak to the matter, but why listen to a third party when herein the horse’s mouth is being had.

See if you could watch the video one more time, only this time, suspend all previously held presumptions, difficult I know, but try all the same.

And then again, as you said, “Allah knows best”,

Till then,