Sign in to follow this  
rudy-Diiriye

Is Hijab Compulsory?

by making such a statement its tantamount to saying that you are WISER then the ULAMA

lol..are you kidding me? when did I say anything about how wise they are? why are you constantly putting words in my mouth?

Is it a suprise that such thoughts spring from someone what calls herself "OPINIONATED"???

Again, you have an issue with my name that has nothing to do with the discussion at hand. can we learn to stick to the subject, please?

You can't just pick and chose Islam according to your own Personal Will and Knowldge, cause if that was the case, then you would be saying that you are Greater then the Anibya, cause they had to be TAUGHT and learn from others such as the Angels etc. b/c no man/women is COMPLETE

on to themsleves.

So where in my previous statements did I come to a conclusion about anything? Can you find it for me? let me know..cuz I think you are putting words in my mouth again....tsk tsk tsk!

Your line of thinking is soooo liberal and secular, that it really doesn't shock me.

Another point to make, You don't have a

RIGHT to ask any and all questions in any and all mannerisms that you wish.

What is this dugsi? lol...you are speaking to a grown woman ok...so don't tell me what I should be doing, alright? :rolleyes: I ask questions...why? because I can. Can't deal with it? Well...you know what you can do about it.

By the way, where does that RIGHT come from?

Go to Somalia or the Muslim World and yell out that crab "I HAVE A RIGHT TO ASK THIS AND THAT"

and watch what happens to you.

My My, I didnt know I was dealing with a fundamentalist here? Do you also believe in the Talibans? C'mon now...you remind me of 'em somali dugsi teachers who force students into the religion by scaring them with hellfire.

Its like asking Allah then "WHY DO I HAVE TO WORSHIP YOU, LORD"

Ok, you are losing it brother. You are losing touch with reality...lets come back to the original topic, shall we?

At least my mother tries to explain to the best of her knowledge..and she has far much more education that you do....so please brother, do not go there.

As for this topic...I am done with it because I can see it is making certain people antsy. I don't want to receive any life-threatening PMs, if you know what I mean ;)

Visit,

Who said I revolt against the scholars?

Second of all, Faith is reserved for God....if you associate anything else with God, then that's shirk.

Third of all, Where else would I get religion from? The Koran.

Peace

Jaabir   

Originally posted by Opinionated:

I'll have a look-see about the "ibn kathiir" version you are reading..maybe that will help me understand where you are coming from.

Well its really sad that you are debating the translations of the holy quran while not knowing who imam Ibin Kathiir is, I shall have you know that Hafiz Ibin Kathir is one of the most renowned scholars, his translations of the holy Quran “in his book Tafsiir Ibn Kathiir” is accredited among all the Madaahibs to be the clearest and most accurate reference and translation of the holy book and the sunnah al mubarakah..

Now ibin kathiir along with the Four Schools “madaahib” agreed that Hijaab is the modest covering of the woman’s beauty, which has been concluded to be all of her body except her hands and face. And there has never been any disputes among them “the scholars of the four madhabs of islam” in regards of considering the Hair of muslim women to be cawrah.

You can disagree with us all you want, but the fact remains that everybody here presented to you in one way or another an evidence of the indispensability of covering the hair and considering it part of the full hijab.

So please don’t let your ego or selfish desire suppresses all concern for the truth of this matter, if you don’t trust what we said, then go to your local masjid and ask the Imam.

And remember any muslim women who refuses to wear hijab after knowing it is a requirement mandated by Alaah is a transgressor and guilty of a serious offence in the sight of alaah.. so again don’t let your ego inflict the anger of allah his almighty on you..

Rudy.. Saxibkiss.. I didn’t curse you out, I have just called you by somthing you have profoundly claimed to be in one of my topics..!!! and here it is saxib.. :D:D

Originally posted by rudy:

[QB personally, i consider myself a liberal moslem a down nomad for somalia.

Darman no hard feelings bro. i am not trying to put anything in your mouth!!na na! thats my least intension. we just have a discussion. anyway, i see your point after reading your

Changed   

...there are so many rules and restrictions in the hadith and from the madhabs than there is in the Koran..

opininoated sweetie we sunnis too and the hadith is a apart of following the sunna of the prophet mohammed (scw) since all we know of his action are only through the hadiths and when it comes to madhabs i was told i had to follow one since "I" know very little and since my intrepretion on some off the rulling can be wrong , we follow them to save our selves from sin .and if think u know it all then u can follow what u think is right from each of the madhabs and not follow the other.it is a personal choice. i know u know it all but i just had to remind ya sis....

to all those that are attacking opinio; please watch ur tones and dont use emotions , because when it comes to islam we are supposed to talk to oneother kindly and not attack when another, now that she has raised few question answers it to the best of ur knowledge and bring evidence on u or else dont respond,

and yes remember not to attack the person attack the idea, walaahi what we are lacking here in this thread is the skills to communicate :(

Xafsa   

to all those that are attacking opinio; please watch ur tones and dont use emotions , because when it comes to islam we are supposed to talk to oneother kindly and not attack when another, now that she has raised few question answers it to the best of ur knowledge and bring evidence on u or else dont respond,

My thoughts exactly....Why all the personal attacks? If you have knowledge enough about the diin to answer Opinionated's questions then do so but don't include your own personal thoughts on what kind of a muslim she is....thats between allah and her.

Its no wonder there are so many muslims who know so little about their own religion...everytime they bring up a point that they want clearified they get a million angry stares and even angrier words! Subaxaan alaah!!

Stick to the facts...clear cut facts!

Ok, this is getting out of hand because obviously people here are putting words in my mouth.

I did not give my standpoint on the hijab. Did I say I was against it? So darman and Khayr, I would like to know where you got that assumption from.

But just to make it EXTRA EXTRA clear to you....I AM NOT AGAINST HIJAB....so please don't talking to me as if I am, clear? Let me know if you want to me to get more Clearer than that.

Oh lord :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Xafsa   

^^^

The word "hijab" comes from the Arabic word "hajaba" meaning to hide from view or conceal. In the present time, the context of hijab is the modest covering of a Muslim woman.

Macalin   

So That is Not Compulsory? In ISLAM?

Is Hair not CAWRO? so wheres the not compulsory thing come in here? am confused

king_450   

No one dares to be against Gods' Wish.Wearing hijab for many women it is the truest test of being a Muslim.Muslim women observe HIJAB (covering the head and the body ) because Allah has told them to do so. If you still don't blv this read this instruction given to our Prophet(PUH).

"O Prophet, tell your wives and daughters and the believing women to draw their outer garments around them (when they go out or are among men). That is better in order that they may be known (to be Muslims) and not annoyed..." (Qur'an 33:59) .

Ladies imagine what kind of power you get when you are wearing Hijab, no man dares to treat you as a Sex pimpoes or chase you around by showing your bodies,looks,and when you are wearing the Hijab sister i blv that you are truely making a statement that you are a abiding god's wish and have a moral character. In my book that is called Power.

what i found in this topic is wonderfull bros and sis each trying to clearfy his/her opnion on this matter,that is Good,it i hope will increase the chance one to read and do researches in religione,however it is very important one to be very carefull when talking anything about religone,we must only talk about what we sure,one can say his/her opnion about anything but must make it clear that is his/her opnion not religone,to come back to heart of this matter it very clear in holy qoran that muslim women are obligated to wear hijab.what kind of clothes and how do they wear it is a matter of a culture not religione.i mean somali muslim women can use her guntiina as hijab while afghani muslim women can use their local clothe as their hijab.which parts of women's body should be covered?well there are deffrent veiws about this.and again these views goes back to cultures,having said that there is one main thing that all scholars do agree upon which is that muslim women should cover all body except face and hands,and that seems to me the fair views.

jazakumulahu khayr

Rokko   

Originally posted by Opinionated:

Rudy,

I've read that article before and I think it carries some good points. I don't understand why everyone is getting all agitated..but you have to agree that this version of Islam everyone seems to be practicing nowadays is a little tailored to men.

I want to ask one thing thou: what do you mean by the clear islamic rulings? Do you mean the quran....or the scholars?

Guys, I think ya'all should calm down and get back to the basics. I read many posts and I must say this topic is hot.

Before anyone criticized opinionated, it would have been nice if some of you nomads asked her the most important questions so that you don't waste time and emotions for nothing.

Since no one asked her these questions, I will go ahead and ask our sister the following questions calmly and nicely.

1. Do you believe in the teachings of the Prophet. In other words, do you agree that the Sunnah is the most important piece after the Qur'an.

2. Do you wear the Hijab and if no, why not? Is the reason because of a fundamental disagreement you have with the basic principle behind the Hijab concept, or is it because you have been "slacking off" lately, but feel bad about not wearing it atleast.

By the way, good debate na'mean?. keep it coming.

AYOUB   

Nicely put Mobb, it maybe some people don't know how important the Sunnah is. The Qur'an tells us to pray, the Sunna shows us how and when to pray. The same applies to all the pillars of Islam and I don't know why anyone should think the Hijaab is different. The Qur'aan says cover-up, and the Sunnah teaches how to wear it (i.e wether to cover the hair or not). If we all agree that the Qur'aan says women should wear a 'veil', I think what we need is for the people with more knowledge about Islam to tell us how it should be worn, i.e the Sunnah. Thats how I understand it and I am not a real Sheikh so please correct me if am wrong smile.gif .