Sign in to follow this  
rudy-Diiriye

Is Hijab Compulsory?

so guys tell me, should it be enforced by law and punishment or family and school? is it fair to harass the muslim woman who doesnt wear it? i dont think so, but tell me what you think about it.

LuCkY   

SomeaLien i cant speak for everyone but here is my input:

The way I see It, It is not fair nor justified to harass a musLim woman just because she doesnt wear the hijab but i have seen this happen.PeopLe are different and think differentLy.So you wiLL have those that are quick to judgement maniLy due to ignorance or stup!d!ty.But the hijab is mandatory for musLim women.And in some countries they do enforce it by Law and punishment.

Jaabir   

Originally posted by rudy:

i did my research so u folks, i need to see your proof! all yall claiming holier than thou! open you koran and share with us where it stays that hijab is mandatory! otherwise! i we be chasing tails! and the imaam u quote better be from an ivy league islamic university and not a street preacher!!!!!!!!!! [/QB]

Rudy…

I did my research and these are the Aya’s that mandates the muslim women to wear hijaab. i hope they widen your horizons.

Hijab1.gif

====================================================

Hijab2.gif

Jaabir   

you are most welcome brother Geedid,,, i hope these holy verses convince Rudy that Hijaab is obligatory on each muslimah..

Hijab= modesty...

there are different interpretations for hijab..and the prevalant one is that it includes: hair, neck, bosom, arms, legs, and sometimes hands.

Hijab (the head covering) was practiced in the pre-islamic eras. Its not just a muslim thing! Even romans women with money used to cover their heads.

But I am curious about one thing though since you guys are using this ayaat to justify your convictions:

"Allah Ta'ala says: "And tell the believing women to lower their gaze and guard their private parts from sin and not show of their adornment except only that which is apparent, and draw their headcovers over their necks and bosoms and not reveal their adornment except to their husbands, their fathers, their husbands' fathers, their sons, their husbands' sons, their brothers, or their brothers' sons, or their sisters' sons, or their women (i.e., their sisters in Islam), or their female slaves whom their right hands possess, or old male servants free of physical desires, or small children who have no sense of women's nakedness. And let them not stamp their feet so as to reveal what they hide of their adornment. And turn unto Allah altogether, O you Believers, in order that you may attain success.[An-Nur, 24:31]

Prophet, Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their outer garments about themselves (when they go out). That is better so that they may be recognised and not molested. And Allah is Forgiving, Merciful. [Al-Ahzaab, 33:59] "

Where on that ayaat does it include the covering of the hair?

Khayr   

Salaamz,

Hey Opinionated (what a pro-liberal Jahal name too pick!)

First of all, never Question Allah's words.

If you are asking a question with respect to the Quran that you are unclear of, WATCH YOUR TONE!!!

Don't ask it as if you, some foolish 20th century prodigy has suddenly found a mistake in the Quran and wants to disprove it and refute it.

I don't care if u took 15 courses in Critical Thinking.

What does covering your head, necks and bosoms include? If not hair? Let me know.

and Yes, even if a women is Bald, she would have to wear Hijab.

I love the way that you jumped at the ayat

that showed that aged women

Stop putting your OPINIONATION

before everything else. Muslims don't do that

cause they have too much respect for the Deen to put their own OPINIONATION above all else.

The whole concept of 'I HAVE A RIGHT TO MY OPINION' is non-islamic b/c if that was the case, then whatever asnine thing that comes out of someones mouth would be deemed Right and above the Word of ALLAH!

Don't get it twisted Missy, no I ain't calling u a non-muslim or whatever else that you might be thinking.

Jaabir   

Originally posted by Khayr:

Salaamz,

Hey Opinionated (what a pro-liberal Jahal name too pick!)

First of all, never Question Allah's words.

If you are asking a question with respect to the Quran that you are unclear of, WATCH YOUR TONE!!!

Don't ask it as if you, some foolish 20th century prodigy has suddenly found a mistake in the Quran and wants to disprove it and refute it.

I don't care if u took 15 courses in Critical Thinking.

What does covering your head, necks and bosoms include? If not hair? Let me know.

and Yes, even if a women is Bald, she would have to wear Hijab.

I love the way that you jumped at the ayat

that showed that aged women

Stop putting your
OPINIONATION

before everything else. Muslims don't do that

cause they have too much respect for the Deen to put their own
OPINIONATION
above all else.

The whole concept of 'I HAVE A RIGHT TO MY OPINION' is non-islamic b/c if that was the case, then whatever asnine thing that comes out of someones mouth would be deemed Right and above the Word of ALLAH!

Don't get it twisted Missy, no I ain't calling u a non-muslim or whatever else that you might be thinking.

Brother Khayr, dont be so harsh on the sister man... she wouldn’t have raised these questions hadn’t the issue of Hijaab been so important to her.. ..dont discourage her please..

Opinionated.. I am researching for more Aidlah (proofs) of Hijaab.. so hang tight sis smile.gif

bilan   

salaam

first of all In Islam, we are not supposed to say anything based on our opinions on anything, without knowledge. Everything we say regarding the religion should be be backed up with the quran and the Sunnah in the understanding of the companions. so opionated, ask your self when did the later interpretion came up? which of campanions interprated like that? is any hadith where the prophet(PPUH) said woman can show their hair? then make up your mind. here is some hadiths about hijab i got from http://www.geocities.com/WestHollywood/Park/6443/Hijab/Hijab.html Narrated Umm Salamah, Ummul Mu'minin: When the verse "That they should cast their outer garments over their persons" was revealed, the women of Ansar came out as if they had crows over their heads. Sunan Abu Dawud: Book 32, Number 4090.

Narrated Aisha, Ummul Mu'minin: Safiyyah, daughter of Shaybah, said that Aisha mentioned the women of Ansar, praised them and said good words about them. She then said: When Surat an-Nur came down, they took the curtains, tore them and made head covers (veils) of them. Sunan Abu Dawud: Book 32, Number 4089.

and:Narrated Anas ibn Malik: The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) brought Fatimah a slave which he donated to her. Fatimah wore a garment which, when she covered her head, did not reach her feet, and when she covered her feet by it, that garment did not reach her head. When the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) saw her struggle, he said: There is no harm to you: Here is only your father and slave. Sunan Abu Dawud: Book 32, Number 4094.

he Prophet said, "The worst among women are those who freely leave their homes without hijab. They are hypocrites and few of those will enter paradise." (Sunan Baihaqi)

by Imam Abu Dawud on the authority of Ae'ishah (R.A.) that said, "Asma', the daughter of ABu Bakr, came to the prophet (S.A.W.) wearing thin clothes. When the prophet (S.A.W.) saw that, he looked away and said, "Oh Asma’, if a woman reaches puberty, she should not show anything from her except this and he pointed to his face and his hand." finally if the verses of the quran did not convince who ever doubts the compulsory, the hadith did not convince you either then i do not have nothing more to say about this subject

Khayr   

Darman, saxib

I am just stating something that needs to be said

but that SOL Nomands are sooo damn afraid to be

REAL! To say things without having to be afraid of a backlash from other nomads.

If you read the tone of certain nomads in here,

you would understand what I am saying

and inshallah why I wrote my post.

Truth has no friends.

So to be true to myself and Allah,

when someone is trying to mock the deen

and question the Quran, then I will let them know.

I will be HARSH when it is appropriate and inshallah Allah knows my niyah and will reward me accordingly, inshallah.

Remember, Darman you posted that thread about

Loving for the Sake of Allah

and Hating for the Sake of Allah.

^Darman, you are right. This issue is important to me.

Khayr,

Why are you attacking me? What do you mean watch my tone? Where in my previous post (in regards to the ayaat) was I rude or assumptious?

you tell me never to question the words of allah, you are right about that, yessirree bob!

But I could question interpretations of the Koran! That is my right...and if you tell me I can even ask any questions concerning religion, then you are SADLY mistaken. I am not a blind follower. If you choose to be, thats your perogative.

Allah (s.a.w) said that His book is the COMPLETE book...and in this case, if you look CLOSELY at the ayaat...it doesn't say cover the hair...just the neck and the bosom. So don't sit there and tell me you see otherwise....

brother, YOU watch the tone you take with me next time..obviously you have some issues with me because I ask QUESTIONS and I say what I think. If that is a problem to you, well...you know where to shove it :)

peace

Ps: yes I have opinions. we all do. What's your point?

bulo,

So you are saying that the Koran is an incomplete book and that we should follow the hanafi, shafi'i, maliki and hanbali rulings because THEY are complete?

Make me understand this concept?

bilan   

sister read my edited post i added more, you can not understand the qur'an without the sunnah, otherwise tell me how do you know how that duhur is 4 and fajr prayer is two? the qur'an commands us to pray but it does not teach us how, we get that from the sunnah and since we did not see the prophet actually praying we learned it from the sunnah through his campanions, i used the prayer as an example that the qur'an and the sunnah can not be seperated. and i never said qur'an is incomplete.

Khayr   

Opinionated, A blind follower?

Wake up and Smell REALITY,

Yeah it doesn't smell so nice.

To have IMAN means to follow something

even though you have not been shown of it.

When Allah says that the Believers are promised

Janna and shiiiit is falling down on my head,

I don't have any guarantees that there is this place called JANNAH. So why keep following

Blindly..........

cause my IMAN/Faith tells me to do so

and IMAN is not something that can be rationalized at all!!! It is Supra-rational

b/c it involves Loving Allah who is indiscriminate and who is HIDDEN from US.

So Opinionated (You're name reeks IGNORANCE!)

I don't like your line of questioning b/c

you want to use Deductive Reasoning to

prove other nomads that the Deen is very much how you want it to be and that Hijab doesn't have anything to do with Hair. That is why your line of questioning needs to be put on Halt-DEAD END!

If in the Muslim Ummah we were to allow people to OPINIONATE OPENLY and without RESTAIRANT and ADAB, then their would be no need for the QURAN or Sunnah cause thats not what theY showed.

Arguing with you won't prove anything, but standing for the DEEN to protect it against people

who want to question it for their own personal ends, is a duty of any Muslim who Loves Allah and his rasul (salallahu caliyhe wasilm)

So Opinionated (You're name reeks IGNORANCE!)

Khayr,

Please edabdarada daa. Adigu uun ma lihid diinta Ilaahay, dadkoo dhan bey ka dhaxaysaa, markaa hadaad khalad u aragtid suaalaha Opinionated, ama si fiican inanta ugu jawaab sida dadka kale ama ka aamus.

And whats with all the bs about 'nomads being afraid to be real'? If by 'real' u mean attacking ppl bc u don't agree with them or bc u simply dislike them....well my dear, not everyone is as rude as you. And yes, I'm not afraid to tell the truth either. :rolleyes:

As for Islamic knowledge...Soomalidu guud ahaan waxba ma dhaamaan xoolaha ay dhaqdaan. Mid walba nacnac buu meel la taaganyahay, isagoo diin iyo duniba waxba ka ogeyn.

As for xijaab...modest dress is an Islamic requirement....including the covering of hair OP...its part of the beauty of a woman, which should be hidden from men. Its also a great leveler...makes all women equal.