Sign in to follow this  
rudy-Diiriye

Is Hijab Compulsory?

Modesty   

Opinionated there are men who are bab, but to state that the teachings of the prophet are geared for the benefit of men only as a tool to oppress women is str

Modesty   

^^^^continued^^

Opinated, Islamic rules regarding women for example like veiling is not made by men, but Allah. If it was created by men, we would all be walking around nude :rolleyes: So don't be brainwashed by the so called European Ideology that a woman must not cover herself, in order to be modern or confident. Islam is not opinionated, its from Allah. Like I said Islam is not about whatever you feel, or opinion in your case is.

Ahlan wa Sahlan smile.gif

Khayr   

Salaamz,

Bee/Butulo I was referring to the name/title

of 'Opinionated' as reeking of Ignorance

and it is.

Have you seen the one who takes his sensual gratification/self opinionation/ own impluses as his Lord. Could you be a disposer of affairs to him

Or thinkest thou that most of them listen or understand? They are only like cattle; Nay, they are worse astray in Path

Sura Al-Furqan, Ayat 43

So I'm not looking down upon anyone here for personal reasons such as insults, personal questions, character assassinations etc.

When I speak inshallah with passion about the deen

and defending it, I do so b/c inshallah the aim for me in this world is to put Allah before myself, family, friends, co-workers etc.

and if that means making people angry at me

or rebuke me, so be it!

The rasul (salallahu caliyhe wasalim), the anibya, the sahaba, the ulama and awliya etc. the believers have always been attacked by others when they spoke the truth.

So Bee/Butulo, Opinionated and who ever else wants to defend what is wrong and defend people that insult Allah and His rasul (salallhu caliyhe wasalim) then me and you are gonna bump heads.

Modesty   

Okay folks I had to make 1 more visit to this topic.

Firstly-Waaq abaayo you say that these truthful replies by some of our fellow muslims are a result of insecurities, and that the hijab doesn't matter, but have you perhaps thought you might have insecurities on the dress prescribed by ALLAH? Rudy are you insecure because you feel as though its not an acceptable attire by the kuffar?

Waaq this is not a issue of symbols, it is a law upon muslims(both men and women). I don't think we should be arguing about this at all, we shouldn't follow our own desires, and human fabrications. Also, like you've said if you have a good soul, part of the goodness should come from obeying what Allah has prescribed. When you die, your good looks, nice clothes, nice car, nice house,and money wouldn't come with you, only your deeds.We shouldn't be superficial.The prophet(saw) said do not follow innovation, we should stay on the path of sunnah. And this article our brother Rudy provided us with is clearly an innovation in order to as the kuffar put it "modernize" Islam. The truth is Islam was modern when it first came, and it will end with modernity.

Wasalaam

hukri   

live by my deen die by my deen and the hijab is just a part of it ;) and someday inshallah the words of Allah and rasulkisa (s.c.w) will open the gate of paradise smile.gif

Originally posted by Khayr:

Salaamz,

When I speak inshallah with passion about the deen

and defending it, I do so b/c inshallah the aim for me in this world is to put Allah before myself, family, friends, co-workers etc.

and if that means making people angry at me

or rebuke me, so be it!

Khayr,

That's a very noble and commendable aim. However, I advise you get off your high horse first, b4 you brand ppl things they are not.

Prime Example...

So Bee/Butulo, Opinionated and who ever else wants to defend what is wrong and defend people that insult Allah and His rasul (salallhu caliyhe wasalim) then me and you are gonna bump heads.

I suggest you go back and read what I wrote, because I was specifically having a go at you for the way you speak to ppl...in this case Opinionated...and not because of any Islamic information you gave her...which was none if I recall (you just used some sarcastic remarks pointing out how much of a jaahil she is). So please don't pretend like you are some great sheikh comparable to "the anibya, the sahaba, the ulama and awliya etc." who is being attacked by gaalo, which is what your implying in your post, because I dare say U R NOT.

Just to make things a little more clearer for you, I should point out that neither I nor OP insulted Allah or the Prophet (SCW).

Presumptions such as the above and your sanctimonious 'holier than thou' attitude stinks. From your responses to anyone who dares 2 challenge you for whatever reason, I'm guessing you must get a kick out of painting others as jaahilo and yourself as the last true Muslim. :rolleyes:

I really dislike inaan dadka faults kooda u fiirsado, but I think you more than deserve it on this occasion.

There's more to defending the deen than unjustly insulting or alienating ppl.

Wa Salaam

Apologies to the rest of the nomads for deviating from the topic.

Haneefah   

Originally posted by Bee:

As for Islamic knowledge...Soomalidu guud ahaan waxba ma dhaamaan xoolaha ay dhaqdaan. Mid walba nacnac buu meel la taaganyahay, isagoo diin iyo duniba waxba ka ogeyn.

Whoa :rolleyes:

Khayr   

Salaamz,

Bee/Butulo walaal, you're getting personal now with me and inshallah, thats where I withdraw the line and lose interest.

I don't mind personal attacks as much as I dislike people who question the Quran and Sunnah in a negative matter.

You're example of following the Sunnah illustrations of Salat was real nice and inshallah

I am not trying to highlight on your negatives.

However,

You did DEFEND OPINIONATED, as if there is some Honor defending in someone who is very rude to the Deen and the fact that you don't see anything wrong with that is definitely a PROBLEM.

You don't ask questions for the sake of trying to justify your stance on an issue, cause that line of questioning is called Leading Questions and Rhetoricals.

I posted the ayat already, so I suggest you read it carefully before you blast me.

I think at the heart of the matter is people's nafus and what they really desire.

Is it Allah or Themselves?

I know that 99% of you will say,

well thats Easy, it ALLAH.

But you know in most people's posts in here, when they don't like something in the Deen that someone posts, they question that brother/sister and their authority to present that certain argument (even when there is ayats, hadiths etc. quoted).......amd you know if you are honest with yourself, that you put yourself manytimes everyday

before Allah.

I don't have a personal problem with you, Bee/Butulo but if you have issues with me, you can PM me and we can talk, inshallah.

I am pretty reasonable, in most cases.

Fi Amanallah

Originally posted by Darman:

[QB]

Originally posted by rudy:

I did my research and these are the Aya’s that mandates the muslim women to wear hijaab. i hope they widen your horizons.

sxb Darman! just so that we r in the same page! can tell us exactly how u understand this surad when you read it!! thx.

to me its saying to cover your cawooro! nothing about hijab! gimme your 2 cents and then i will send it to discussion group in al azhar!. thx bro

Gediid   

Bee I think Kheyr was doing what we muslims should be doing and that is to defend our religion against any wrong intrepretation.I have followed this debate about the hijaab from the day it was posted till now and I am truly surprised at how some can go as far as minintrepreting our Quran on the issue of Hijaab an unchallenged and universally accepted dictate among muslims.

There are topics that are open to debate and certainly the word of the Almighty is certainly not one such topic.To imply otherwise is definately a case of blasphemy.

LuCkY   

Ok here is a question for yaLL:If one doesnt ask questions regarding the deen,how is one suppose to abide by it?

And yes hijab is compuLsory not optionaL.Because your hair is considered to be part of the femaLe beauty---which is suppose to be conceaLed from anyone besides your husband,famiLy and women.

Opinionated asked for cLearifications so that she may have better understanding of the deen,because as we aLL know there are SOME peopLe who Like to comprehend and Live by the deen the way that befits them.

So Lets be rationaL here and heLp out each other without retorting to condemnatory responses.

Bee i agree with you.

Rudy im sure Darman understands that ayat because he can understand arabic besides other nomads have given you the same ayat in engLish.

You shouLd share what you know that others dont and Let that be that.After that it is up to them to take it or Leave because the fact of the matter is even though some may have better understandings of the deen they stiLL dont abide by it but that is not for us to deaL with...That is onLy up to ALLah the ALmighty.

Gediid   

^^^^^^Then dont you think Lucky that certain people are going as far trying to debate and prove wrong an Islamic dicatate practiced for centuries?

LuCkY   

Its no surprise because ALLah said you wiLL encounter many that try to find fauLt with isLam and fortunateLy they wont.But there is a difference between asking/debating-questioning so that you wiLL better understand.ONe shouLdnt jump down ONes throat for debating/questioning but shouLd sympatheticaLLy aide the other.Because we aLL know scoLding and being harsh is not going to change or heLp one understand the concept any better.